Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

hello for all.

I install hackintash h.s 10.13.0 but i can not install nvidia web driver . when i try to install nvidia web driver this error appear.

MB:Asus H170 Pro

CPU : Intel Core i5 7500

Gpu: Nvidia 960GTX 

Just click on continue and it will install the driver.

hey do you have

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

lilu.kext

whatevergreen.kext

in your clover , kext folder

also you might need

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in EFI-CLOVER-drivers64UEFI

you can install this with clover configurator one of the bottom options youll see it

then enable web drivers should enable after that (via clover)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tAIMkZOGEkeawb6Tz3qMwHekHjqox0VW

goog luck!!

thanks i install it but nvidia web driver not work.

Make sure you have the latest version of clover boot loader and the kexts that @bbmatias3 mentioned (NvididaGraphicsFixup and Lilu) and the EMUVariableUEFI64.efi. You don't need whatevergreen it's for AMD GPUs only.

Please update your signature with your hardware specs, it will help others to help you easier.

You might also need to check the NvidiaWeb flag under the "System Parameters" in your config.plist

Hi.

Does anyone know if the black screen issue using DVI + Displayport has Been fixed in High Sierra and last version driver? .

I have that problem with my two monitors (one with DVI and the another one with Displayport). With the Monitor with Displayport, turned-on on boot I get a blank screen. Displayport doesn't work in any case on Sierra 10.12.6.

I was wondering if could be worth update to High Sierra.

• Like 1

Hi.

Does anyone know if the black screen issue using DVI + Displayport has Been fixed in High Sierra and last version driver? .

I have that problem with my two monitors (one with DVI and the another one with Displayport). With the Monitor with Displayport, turned-on on boot I get a blank screen. Displayport doesn't work in any case on Sierra 10.12.6.

I was wondering if could be worth update to High Sierra.

Hi bilbo

I have two monitor connected and one in DP and I have no problem at all

Now I am on beta 2 but before I was in 10.13.2

post-468967-0-01557200-1514472033_thumb.png

No Bilbo..but bad news for you is that my system starts also fine in 10.12.6 with my spare usb disk (I have tried it now for you)

so your problem is different

Great!! . You made my day!! Trying to fix this issue last 5 days without success. I'm gonna try with high Sierra right now. Did you any special tweak? 

post-468967-0-47776600-1514479445_thumb.png

I think 1.2

other one is in HDMI

ops!! weird.. I have a 1080 ti too....  Could yo tell me if your monitors works with displayport 1.2 or 1.1? is the other monitor connected by DVI?

Have you patched Applegraphics policy?

What do you mean with "Blank screen"?

black screen on dp monitor and correct signal on DVI?

mmm HDMI .... maybe the issue is only DVI + DP.  But my main monitor doesn't have HDMI.

Yes, I'm aware of the black screen problem. I use lillo and NvidiaGraphicsFixup without problems. The issue is when I connect the second monitor with DP. And I see a lot of people with same problem.

I have installed my new 1080 ti this morning on my rig under sierra, without reinstall anything.  Maybe a clean install of the SO do the magic. Generating the new usb installer righ now.

No. Eizo 246. HD monitor. To use with DP because of professional reason (I work on video). On HDMI it doesn´t support 1920x1200 and gives me a KP if I boot with the monitor sitched on. The other monitor (main) is an old but honorable dell, only with DVI as digital output.

My first attemp with High Sierra has been a complete faliure. KP.   Again , as usual, with every new version , a new battlefield shows up. And I'm still dealing with Sierra.  So I'm going to reinstall Sierra from scratch.

Could be a liitle more specific about your monitors setup.?  If what works is HDMI+DP , and the wrong combination is DVI + "whatever" I´m ready to buy a new monitor with HDMI as main monitor plus my Eizo DP. But I have to be sure.

Thanks ;)

Finally , the problem is fixed (a sort of). I re-installed Sierra again, updated to last security update, and installed appropiated driver.

With the monitor with DP switched on, system goes to black. But , If I left it turned off, boot only with DVI monitor, and I turn it on only after get to desktop ...now it works .... and both of them perfectly recognized. It's not perfect  but enough for me.

Thanks for your info, fabiosun, it has been very useful to keep trying. And sorry for the off - topic

Finally I got high resolution graphics again. But not by DP, only by HDMI. I would prefer the 60Hz of the DP but unfortunately after the Clover's boot it only goes in no signal. For HDMI works but in high resolution only makes 30Hz and the graphics do not flow as well. If I select high resolution HDMI at 60Hz, it loses the signal as well. For me, something changed from 13.2 or was it in the OS or the Nvidia Driver. I've always used DP and I've never had problems.
And yes I did all the possible tests being the last one a new OS installation...??

post-1313347-0-69426500-1514547234_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-98728700-1514547248_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-44432000-1514547261_thumb.png

Hey guys,

can I install nvidia web driver 103 on a 17C88 system, by changing the SystemVersion.plist? Or will this result in a crash?

What is the difference between build 17C88 and 17C89, and why I see no update for 17C89?

Yes you can. I did without issues.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Make sure you have the latest version of clover boot loader and the kexts that @bbmatias3 mentioned (NvididaGraphicsFixup and Lilu) and the EMUVariableUEFI64.efi. You don't need whatevergreen it's for AMD GPUs only.

Please update your signature with your hardware specs, it will help others to help you easier.

You might also need to check the NvidiaWeb flag under the "System Parameters" in your config.plist

Thanks.

I install NvididaGraphicsFixup and Lilu kext  but i dont konw how do i install EMUVariableUEFI64.efi But i can not install nvidia web driver .when i erase hdd i have two partition :EFI and main partition after install mac os x both partitions have EFI directory .i install clover bootloder.where dose i install this kext?

If you want check in display graphic properties if it is set  in 10 bit or in 8 bit depth(how osx detect it by default) see image attached

maybe is there your initial black screen problem on your 10 bit monitor

if so you can force right resolution at start with ResXtreme app or similar

Finally , the problem is fixed (a sort of). I re-installed Sierra again, updated to last security update, and installed appropiated driver.

With the monitor with DP switched on, system goes to black. But , If I left it turned off, boot only with DVI monitor, and I turn it on only after get to desktop ...now it works .... and both of them perfectly recognized. It's not perfect  but enough for me.

Thanks for your info, fabiosun, it has been very useful to keep trying. And sorry for the off - topic

post-468967-0-95962600-1514614305_thumb.png

Thanks.

I install NvididaGraphicsFixup and Lilu kext  but i dont konw how do i install EMUVariableUEFI64.efi But i can not install nvidia web driver .when i erase hdd i have two partition :EFI and main partition after install mac os x both partitions have EFI directory .i install clover bootloder.where dose i install this kext?

You can use the Clover installer and from the "Drivers64UEFI" select the EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi 

or

You can use clover configurator and mount the EFI partition, Open your config.plist with clover configurator and then select "Install Drivers" and install the EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi from the Drivers UEFI 64 BIT.

post-1011040-0-00307500-1514614382_thumb.png

post-1011040-0-10812500-1514614460_thumb.png

Thanks.

I install NvididaGraphicsFixup and Lilu kext but i dont konw how do i install EMUVariableUEFI64.efi But i can not install nvidia web driver .when i erase hdd i have two partition :EFI and main partition after install mac os x both partitions have EFI directory .i install clover bootloder.where dose i install this kext?

I put all the files in the zip file from google drive in the earlier post

You can use pandora to mount once you see your efi

EMUVariableUEFI64

Goes in

EFI-CLOVER-drivers64UEFI (in this folder you put EmuVariableUefi-64.efi)

So it goes in drivers64UEFI

If your able too boot into Mac make you you don’t have anything selected in graphic settings (in clover) then try to install the drivers

If you inject nvidia before you install anything you fill face problems

Also I had to use 14,2 smbios to enable web drivers on my i7 4970

18,1 didn’t work for me

If you want check in display graphic properties if it is set  in 10 bit or in 8 bit depth(how osx detect it by default) see image attached

maybe is there your initial black screen problem on your 10 bit monitor

mmm. it sounds interesting. It seems a good clue.

On my 1050 GTX, opengl drastically improved since High Sierra Update. Before I used the f01 Sierra nvidia driver. Other areas though did not seem to improve so nicely.

What is really annoying here that the idle frequency of the 1050 seems to be a bit too low. This will cause stutters on resize on the desktop, esp. in 4K resolution. I wish there was a way to slightly overclock the idle frequency. Is it true that it is not possible, not even on Windows, since the nvidia bios is encrypted?

But there should be some kind of power management within the driver. What kext would that be?

Hi again,

I have a strange flickering problem:  With recent HS web drivers, everything works fine, until I use some specific VST audio plugins, which use OpenGL or so for drawing the GUIs (basically all from Arturia). Then I get a kind of random screen flickering, or let*s name it random powering-off.

Is this a driver issue? If I play a OpenGL game, everything runs fine.    Or could this be a power issue, that the graphics doesn't get enough power then?