Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

not so bright ideea about amd) i thimk you need to play a little with it... my 960 works just ok on dvi. need to test dp

DisplayPort not working, and thats from HighSierra !!! (working just well on Sierra)

What a stupid thing! But does anyone know the reason? Of course from the 13.2 betas, I never managed to have the web driver working on 4K DP... I'll have to change the connection for something older, like HDMI or VGA lol. I knew the blame was not on my perfect and fat DSDT ?

:P

My 32'' 4k LG (UHD) display port connected 30 bit via ResXtreme

add

My 32'' 4k LG (UHD) display port connected 30 bit via ResXtreme

add

Update your Bios or your signature. From what I saw, your board is contemplated! :P :yes: 

With this script ➽ Web Driver Getter no more people needs to post that there is a new package because you only have to Run.command, select B  and type the build number for Download any Nvidia Web Drivers packages available from Nvidia Official web Site

Credit : CorpNewt

captu148.png

Please put this script in first page of this topic 

EDIT ******

Today I have some time for testing

macOS High Sierra 10.13.2  (17C88)

All is good for me with my Geforce GT 1030 2 Gig 

WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.102.pkg

captu149.png

web10.png

• Like 10

I tried it already Chriss ! (view post 969)

modified SystemVersion.plist 17C89 -> 17C88

Installed also  latest CUDA 387.99 update, could this interfere ?

maibe yes, try remove Cuda, you have nothing to loose

No it is a pitty but not working for me !

Capture d'écran 2017-12-10 01.59.22.png

Do you also use DP connection or not? I read somewhere here, that from 13.2 the DP connection stopped working. The truth is that since the first 13.2 beta and so far, I can only have black screen ?

And I think with or without Cuda the result is the same!

After having tried all the available options, I only needed to discard a doubt! I made a new installation of 13.2 and installed the respective Web Driver and even then the result is the same! Following the clover boot, no signal...

Honestly, I do not know what else to do...

No i'm using HDMI or DVI

Hoping the solution comes for me at the next update ..

Try drivers 17B48   :) 

You have change modified SystemVersion.plist

did you modified NvdaStartupWeb ?

Updated to 10.13.2, updated to the *.102 Nvidia driver and no issues. Also had to updated CUDA drivers.

BTW, I have the Nvidia Driver Manager installed in my system prefs pane and it immediately tells me there is an update, downloads and installs it.

No it is a pitty but not working for me !

attachicon.gifCapture d'écran 2017-12-10 01.59.22.png

That version should work if you installed the combo update, you could try this in terminal since it fixed mine once before.

curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mcmZero/macOSBin/master/install_webdriver.sh| sh -

Other than that if you meddled with the system files trying to make it think it was 17C88 you probably should change it back, if you updated from the App Store, install 378.10.10.10.25.102.

I haven't tried the tool @chris1111 posted, but I did download it for the next time I need a driver updated (hopefully not until 10.14).

Do you also use DP connection or not? I read somewhere here, that from 13.2 the DP connection stopped working. The truth is that since the first 13.2 beta and so far, I can only have black screen

And I think with or without Cuda the result is the same!

I'm using 10.13.2 and DP and have no problems.

• Like 1

I'm using 10.13.2 and DP and have no problems.

DP working without any issue for GTX-680 at both 10.13.2 & 10.13.3 as well as for GTX-1060 at 10.13.1~10.13.2. Need testing more for GTX-1060 at 10.13.3 if any issue found.

That version should work if you installed the combo update, you could try this in terminal since it fixed mine once before.

curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mcmZero/macOSBin/master/install_webdriver.sh| sh -

Other than that if you meddled with the system files trying to make it think it was 17C88 you probably should change it back, if you updated from the App Store, install 378.10.10.10.25.102.

I haven't tried the tool @chris1111 posted, but I did download it for the next time I need a driver updated (hopefully not until 10.14).

I resolved my problem with a reinstall of 10.13.2 Combo update and  378.10.10.10.25.103.pkg

:thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for all the suggestions !

"Anybody could need some help some time ".... ;)

• Like 4