Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

Well, at least we know it's just not going to work for now... beats trying to hack it to work I guess

guys in the -v log it seems that the problem on apfs is caused by a library that is not loaded or works differently on apfs 

No, it's not an APFS problem. I get the same error on High Sierra running from an HFS+ partition. It's further than I've ever gotten with my graphics chipset (Quadro M620), though.

With vanilla Ge* && NVDA, also w/o modifying CoreDisplay framework..???  ;)

bro im on the same boat as you exactly the same device.. been skipping sierra because of blank issue... just want to ask, so the display issue are now patchable using your method? any other problem you encounter so far?

I doubt High Sierra drivers will be here anytime soon (hope I'm wrong as I need them too (gtx960)) until then if you need web drivers stick with Sierra for day to day and HS only for testing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Currently, Sierra is restricted to HDMI 1.4 with 4K @ 30 Hz max.

Can anyone with working acceleration on High Sierra tell if HDMI 2.0 is working correctly by displaying 4K @ 60 Hz on a 4K TV connected via HDMI cable?

:D:D

I know I know, but it was worth a try lol.

As I've said before high Sierra works great on my laptop with Intel HD400 but until we get Nvidia webdrivers were up that creek without a paddle :-(

I know I know, but it was worth a try lol.

As I've said before high Sierra works great on my laptop with Intel HD400 but until we get Nvidia webdrivers were up that creek without a paddle :-(

only wait!may be gtx960 has no webdriver..because high sierra plans to  supports external GPU...any possibility?

only wait!may be gtx960 has no webdriver..because high sierra plans to supports external GPU...any possibility?

No idea until next dp or release as my gtx960 needs webdrivers in High Sierra right now.

I just upgrade to 10.13 a few minutes ago, and face to 1 problem with nvidia web.

The first time after finishing installation, I still use the NvidiaStarupWeb.kext (which has been revised for 10.12.6 beta 3, the requireOS is 16G16b), it recognizes full QE/CI but it crashs and restart when I open youtube.

If I change the requireOS inside the NvidiaStartupWeb.kext to 17A264c, I get stuck at starting, can't boot. 

I just upgrade to 10.13 a few minutes ago, and face to 1 problem with nvidia web.

The first time after finishing installation, I still use the NvidiaStarupWeb.kext (which has been revised for 10.12.6 beta 3, the requireOS is 16G16b), it recognizes full QE/CI but it crashs and restart when I open youtube.

If I change the requireOS inside the NvidiaStartupWeb.kext to 17A264c, I get stuck at starting, can't boot.

Like many others we need to wait for Nvidia to make new driver.

Like many others we need to wait for Nvidia to make new driver.

That's mean we have to wail until Apple release the official macOS 10.13 :| 

tell me about it underperforming gtx 1080ti

That means current Nvidia Web Driver is not optimized yet for your GTX-1080Ti which should perform better than my GTX-980 or GTX-680 at the same OS.

By the way native Nvidia Driver in 10.13 beta 2 had been optimized for GTX-680 in which Cinebench R15 got significant improvement of performance now !

post-70188-0-55610900-1498183885_thumb.png

post-70188-0-69309100-1498209795_thumb.png

post-70188-0-23075600-1498209803_thumb.png

on ryzen hackintosh, the lose of performance can also came from the fact that the modded kernel and the required kexts to run it, may take system resources, that can decrease the performance of the system, so for benchmark is better a system that runs on vanilla and without particular drivers like voodoo tsc sync