Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Mr. Par said:

I updated my system to 17G5019 and I found the appropriate Nvidia web drivers for this version. Installed them, and then installed CUDA and it works well now! Thank you for your information. My graphics card don't need any patch, it was handled natively by OSX out of the box, until 10.13 which now I needed to install web drivers for CUDA to work.

I'm glad that everything is working now.  Yes, as previously stated, ANY GTX-760 is "Native" to MacOS; just that IF the card is a PC Card/Non-Flashed you won't get the Apple Boot Screen.  Sorry that you had this experience with High Sierra, and now need the additional Web Drivers to keep the CUDA Driver working.  Again, I'm glad it's all working for you now.

New NVIDIA Driver 387.10.10.10.40.122 released in the past hour and a half.  (Now 7:43 PM - Pacific.)

I didn't have to do anything special, just came back from dinner to check on the Hackintosh, and found the NVIDIA Updater Popup stating the new Driver was ready to Install.

OpenCL and OpenGL are present on the MacVidCards' GTX-1070 8GB Card on the Hackintosh.  (Still being stripped from the EVGA GTX-1050 2GB Card which is Secondary.)

I will Update the Mac Pro tomorrow.

Good luck everyone.

Edited by TimeLord04
Put in Link.
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TimeLord04 said:

New NVIDIA Driver 387.10.10.10.40.122 released in the past hour and a half.  (Now 7:43 PM - Pacific.)

I didn't have to do anything special, just came back from dinner to check on the Hackintosh, and found the NVIDIA Updater Popup stating the new Driver was ready to Install.

OpenCL and OpenGL are present on the MacVidCards' GTX-1070 8GB Card on the Hackintosh.  (Still being stripped from the EVGA GTX-1050 2GB Card which is Secondary.)

I will Update the Mac Pro tomorrow.

Good luck everyone.

Installed without issues. Performance is about the same.

Just Updated the Mac Pro to 387.10.10.10.40.122. All is well, just like on the Hackintosh.  The Mac GTX-970 4GB GDDR5 VRAM Card on the Mac Pro has OpenCL and OpenGL.  The Secondary EVGA GTX-1050 2GB GDDR5 VRAM Card is still STRIPPED of OpenCL and OpenGL.  (Just like the Hackintosh.)

Battle.net App and StarCraft:Remastered run fine on both machines.

Just downloaded the new update on High Sierra, and the random 1-2 sec freeze/lag problem is still there...

Still having them every time one of these happen:

• Quit an app
  • Close a Safari tab
  • Sutting down / restarting
  • + other instances... (closing processes?)

Anyone have any idea how to work around this?

HI I updated with last security and now I got a 17G6022 version and I can't find the right web driver for. I tried to patch with Easy web driver patcher without success. Can someone give some advice? Thanks

^^^AFAIK, you downloaded a Beta security update.  Nvidia does not issue drivers for Beta OSs.  However, the pulled 387.10.10.15.15.108 web driver should work.  Though Nvidia's current instruction is to completely uninstall that driver.  But, just for the record, I am still using it.

Lou

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, flowrider said:

^^^AFAIK, you downloaded a Beta security update.  Nvidia does not issue drivers for Beta OSs.  However, the pulled 387.10.10.15.15.108 web driver should work.  Though Nvidia's current instruction is to completely uninstall that driver.  But, just for the record, I am still using it.

Lou

I' m currently running .113 and if I try .118 it doesnt' let me of course. Ok I'll try to uninstall .113 and do it again

56 minutes ago, flowrider said:

^^^^Actually the latest Nvidia web driver is 387.10.10.10.40.122, but it's for HS build (17G5019).

Lou

I had to recover from a Time Machine backup. My version is 10.13.6 (17G4015) with .113 working. Thanks for your help. 

1 hour ago, TurbineSeaplane said:

I’m on high Sierra with the latest drivers running a 1070. 

I dual boot for gaming. What’s the best NVIDIA GPU that works with high sierra and these drivers?

1080ti?

Any 2060/2070/2080 support?

thx

ONLY Maxwell and Pascal Cards "require" NVIDIA Web Drivers...  That said; as recently revealed, ALSO - IF you plan to run CUDA, EVEN IF your Card is "Native" to MacOS, you WILL NEED to install the NVIDIA Web Driver.

Turing, (the 20x0 Cards), DO NOT yet work in ANY MacOS.  The NVIDIA Drivers for Sierra and High Sierra DO NOT support them.  Mojave, has NO Web Drivers, and until NVIDIA and Apple "play nice" together, NO Web Drivers will exist for Mojave.

[EDIT:]

So, the Highest Card available that is Supported by NVIDIA Web Driver is the GTX-1080Ti.

Edited by TimeLord04
Edited for further clarification.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, TurbineSeaplane said:

Thank you!

You're welcome...  Just wished I had better news for the Turing cards.  We can still hope...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Having a early 2009 Mac Pro (modified to a 5.1) with gtx-970, i updated from 13.3 (it was doing fine then) to 13.6  high sierra and updated the nvidia web driver to 387.10.10.10.40.122 and the screen does stay black.

It seems to toggle back to the OS X graphic card driver sometimes. Is there a a solution to this or should i simply wait for the next driver from nvidia? 

Help would be strongly appreciated!

Edited by blache

On 3/19/2019 at 3:26 PM, blache said:

Hello, Having a early 2009 Mac Pro (modified to a 5.1) with gtx-970, i updated from 13.3 (it was doing fine then) to 13.6  high sierra and updated the nvidia web driver to 387.10.10.10.40.122 and the screen does stay black.

It seems to toggle back to the OS X graphic card driver sometimes. Is there a a solution to this or should i simply wait for the next driver from nvidia? 

Help would be strongly appreciated!

WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.106.pkg the last working driver)

Thanks but there seem to be some programming to do with the terminal. Did you have to do any of it?
Yes, edited dsdt.. but this edit was applicable and from 10.12 ... So Nvidia has changed something from . 106 and up... Maybe someone with experience could answer this situation. Regards

Trimis de pe al meu Pixel folosind Tapatalk

20 hours ago, blache said:

Isn't that an older webdriver? 

@blache

Go to the First Page of this Thread and get 387.10.10.15.15.108.  <<---  This Driver is HIGHLY recommended by Flowrider/Lou, and he states that it works for ALL High Sierra Versions.  I don't personally know if you need to modify the DSDT File or NOT with this Driver.

Personally, I'm on the latest Driver, (.122), and have no issues on my Hackintosh, (iMac 18,3 Profile), NOR on my Real Mac Pro 5,1 Mid-2010 System.  [EDIT:]  However; like Lou, I use Mac Flashed Video Cards.  My Hackintosh uses a MacVidCards' GTX-1070 8GB GDDR5 VRAM Card as Primary GPU, and has an EVGA GTX-1050 2GB GDDR5 VRAM Card as Secondary GPU.  My Real Mac Pro has a Mac GTX-970 4GB GDDR5 VRAM Card I got off e-Bay and is my Primary GPU, and has an EVGA GTX-1050 2GB GDDR5 VRAM Card as Secondary GPU.

I do Scientific Number Crunching on both Systems using the BOINC Application.  (Berkeley Open Infrastructure Network(ed) Computing)  Under this App, I Crunch SETI@Home, Einstein@Home, and Collatz.  I use the latest CUDA Driver for SETI@Home, the other Projects utilize OpenCL, and due to NVIDIA Web Driver Limitations, ONLY the Primary GPUs are able to Crunch Einstein and Collatz.  (OpenCL is STRIPPED from the Secondary GTX-1050 Cards on each System.  This is a Driver FLAW!)

Edited by TimeLord04
Adding additional information

108 does not exist, cannot find it. I still do not have a clue what to do. My Mac Pro keeps on toggling back to the default macOS driver. I do not know anything about programming, i do photo and video mostly....

Any easy option anyone?