Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

I had Web 157 working great! Today I installed 159 and it works perfectly on my GTX in DP 4K as well. Honestly at this moment I can not complain about anything ... sorry!?

That is because this lag problem is between Z170, Z270, Z370 and X299 based motherboards and Nvidia Pascal cards only.

BTW I use the same monitor and it is one hell of a monitor with excellent color reproduction.

• Like 2

That is because this lag problem is between Z170, Z270, Z370 and X299 based motherboards and Nvidia Pascal cards only.

BTW I use the same monitor and it is one hell of a monitor with excellent color reproduction.

So its not Nvidia Fault?

Yeah you're right. I've tested my 1070 on my old IvyBridge rig and there was no lag at all on 10.13.3 and 158 web driver.

Well, I saw the lag with a Z370 board and Maxwell card and .158 so it can't just be Pascal cards.

Cryptomining caused tremendous sales of GPUs.

If it wasn't for this, I would've jumped to an AMD Vega card by now.

• Like 1

I had no issue with the nVidiaGraphicsFixup and lilu and defiantly no black screen with the following clover patch:

Name:

com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy

Find:

ba050000 00

Replace:

ba000000 00

Comments:

Disable board-id check to prevent no signal © lvs1974, Pike R. Alpha, vit9696

Do you experience a lot of timeout in console log re AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy?

I guess not.

I can't see any applegraphicsdevicepolicy logs in the console.

Do you want me to look for any specific entries in my logs?

I am having repeating messages regarding this in:

system.log

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.displaypolicyd): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

/var/log/displaypolicyd.log

ERROR: WARNING: Cache is invalid: 1 (bit 0:header, 1-4:mtdd magic, 5:platform, 6:size, 7:checksum, 8-9:vendor version)
Internal Error: Fatal: 5204:inep

Running 10.13.3 on a Intel lHD630 using latest Lilu & IntelGraphicsFixup

I am having repeating messages regarding this in:

system.log

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.displaypolicyd): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

/var/log/displaypolicyd.log

ERROR: WARNING: Cache is invalid: 1 (bit 0:header, 1-4:mtdd magic, 5:platform, 6:size, 7:checksum, 8-9:vendor version)
Internal Error: Fatal: 5204:inep

Running 10.13.3 on a Intel lHD630 using latest Lilu & IntelGraphicsFixup

Sorry, this topic is dedicated to Nvidia web drivers if you have a problem with iGfx you might need to search the forums or create a new topic.

Besides I don't use Intel Graphics on my rig and the error that you described is not happening to me.

Opps i liked but doesnt work for me: installed and after reboot the kext is not loading, try to patch with nvweb patcher but after reboot the sisyem is in infinite loop ‘IOconsoleUsers’

it should not be related

in bootloop condition try these two things

in clover boot menu press F11 (it reboots itself cleaning nvram)

then always in clover boot menu press space bar

and flag nvda_drv=1

and try!

It could help in that condition (use also a new clover from 4369 up is fine)

Ps NVwebpatcher is to use before rebooting after Driver installation otherwise boot loop is an option)

I would advice to disinstal driver and try it again

Edited by Guest

In HighSierra no driver is good for you?

Doesn't work for me, i can boot only withous nvda_drv=1 but i have no acceleration from my gpu 

What can i try to do?

I'm on nvidia driver .156 on a brand new system i8700k and high sierra ui runs like a pig.  I just upgraded from sierra on a i2500k that was stable for years.    When I try to upgrade to .159 by clicking on it I get

"Mac OS X version 10.13.3 (17D2102) is required for this update. Please update your OS version and try again."

I'm on 10.13.3 (17D47)

how do I install .159 and will it fix this general sluggishness?

Thanks

I'm on nvidia driver .156 on a brand new system i8700k and sierra ui runs like a pig.  I just upgraded from sierra on a i2500k that was stable for years.    When I try to upgrade to .159 I get

"Mac OS X version 10.13.3 (17D2102) is required for this update. Please update your OS version and try again."

I'm on 10.13.3

Thanks

Hi

159 is for Imacpro HS edition you can find here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324195-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-high-sierra-update-02202018/page-1

I think you are in 10.13.3 17D102 so you can use 158

I'm on nvidia driver .156 on a brand new system i8700k and sierra ui runs like a pig.  I just upgraded from sierra on a i2500k that was stable for years.    When I try to upgrade to .159 I get

I'm on 10.13.3

Thanks

something is weird. your system wants to update to version 17D2012, but this version is for iMac Pro released only a few months ... how do you explain this?
edit :or you did wrong typing...fabiosun assumption is real

I think he is executing 159 web driver package and he gets that message

something is weird. your system wants to update to version 17D2102, but this version is for iMac Pro released only a few months ... how do you explain this?

Installed .159 with the nvidia web app then patched with the nvidia script v2
Now when I boot I make it to login but system just reboots when I get to desktop after a few apps load! also hardware acel is not enabled either . How can I go back to .156

EDIT:  I booted in safe mode and reinstalled 1.56.  Do I have need to have sip disabled to install .159?

Installed .159 with the nvidia web app then patched with the nvidia script v2

Now when I boot I make it to login but system just reboots when I get to desktop after a few apps load! also hardware acel is not enabled either . How can I go back to .156

EDIT: I booted in save mode and reinstalled 1.56. Do I have need to have sip disabled to install .159?

Are you on 10.3.3 SU or 10.13.4 beta?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm on 10.13.3 su

I'm bummed because I have a brand new system after using sandy bridge for 7 years.

i78700k running at 5 gig stable.  I hate windows and haven't used it for years but I installed win10 on another drive to test and it's like lighting everything is just instant.  High sierra is a pig in general slower to boot than sierra was and final cut should be flying with this hardware and a gtx960