Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

After updating policy with old one try to run kextutility to rebuild things

In clover also you must have webdriver enabled

In this way i have a sort of minimal working driver

Metal interface is not working

Cuda in premiere pro is partially working

I hope nvidia maintain some interest in apple garbage way of thinking

Trust me they will, mostly after eGpu it's a new fresh market for them, AMD as well even thought I highly doubt AMD will be releasing their own drivers.

For quick report, my NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M (10de:1050 / GF119) using 10.13's Native NVDA* && Ge* got only a working Cursor with Black Screen and never reach Desktop. But, I think it' s way better than previously WindowServer crash under 10.12.x. Too bad, I then use 10.12.5's CoreDisplay binary framework and it "just works". :lol:

Still waiting for Web Driver under 10.13, but I'm not sure NVIDIA would release it soon for macOS Beta. << I think it would be same on G610 or GT520 which is also GF119. FYi, I'm using Clover v2.4k r4084 and GFX0 Graphics personalities on DSDT (or InjectNvidia=True).

What app did you used, to list those features as supported? Thanks.

I tried this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324195-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-high-sierra-update-06052017/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2439371but it did not work. I tried to replace the kexts using these files http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324195-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-high-sierra-update-06052017/?do=findComment&comment=2437874 but when I give boot I get A disconnected cable message on the monitor, but the pc does not restart. I can only enter the system if I use nv_disable = 1

With nv_disable = 1 I get video but no acceleration. And in the nvidia driver manager it appears that I'm using the webdriver.

Anyone can help me please?

I'm on the same boat.

APFS, 1080 ti, no acceleration but drivers "enabled" in the settings.

If I follow the suggestion of apple policy I get a black screen

I'm on the same boat.

I'm having the same problem. GTX 1070 not showing up at all, but Nvidia system preferences is showing the driver is 'enabled'.

If you check the Nvidia system preferences under 'G-SYNC', can you see your device in the list? Mine doesn't show up.

I used the Nvidia Web Driver Version app to change the 10.12.5 drivers to accept the High Sierra build. But it seems that invalidates the NVDAStartupWeb.kext. If you check in System Profiler under Extensions, it shows that kext is not loaded, and information reads as 'Loadable: No' and that there is an error with the signature validation (presumably because the Info.plist inside has been modified).

I think because the Startup kext is unable to be loaded, the drivers aren't being started. But Nvidia thinks it is loaded because we have booted with NvidiaWeb=true.

I'm using APFS, I'm curious if people with HFS+ have actually gotten this to work properly even though the kext is invalidated. I have turned SIP off (CSRActiveConfig = 0x67) just to double check but it still won't load it.

Edit: typo

i messed around a lot, wo results. right now i broke the system and doesnt boot anymore. verbose gives me infinite crashed opendirectoryd to many corpses. even tried to install over the same installation but same thing. will have to wipe and clean install. if theres a fix for it let me know.

• Like 1

Yes, but I'm not sure it makes a sense since I installed it using OTF method (from another partition), simply prepare an empty HFS+ Partition, run "Core.pkg" on ".../InstallESD.dmg/Packages" to that Partition. Mount "BaseSystem.dmg" then Copy "boot.efi" located on ".../System/Library/CoreServices" to same path under Target Partition. Reboot ur mach, customize Lang, User etc.. and we're ready to go. That is.  :) 

#EDIT: No longer using FirmwareFeature with Clover r4084

This method worked perfect for me. Thanks for this info! Much appreciated..

hello,

Are there any news regarding kepler chips? I have an nvidia gtx 780ti and with edited nvidia kexts I get the black screen!

Use nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext to avoid blackscreen. Copy it over efi partition in clover kexts folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For quick report, my NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M (10de:1050 / GF119) using 10.13's Native NVDA* && Ge* got only a working Cursor with Black Screen and never reach Desktop. But, I think it' s way better than previously WindowServer crash under 10.12.x. Too bad, I then use 10.12.5's CoreDisplay binary framework and it "just works". :lol:

Still waiting for Web Driver under 10.13, but I'm not sure NVIDIA would release it soon for macOS Beta. << I think it would be same on G610 or GT520 which is also GF119. FYi, I'm using Clover v2.4k r4084 and GFX0 Graphics personalities on DSDT (or InjectNvidia=True).

Confirm, it works with geforce gt 610

• Like 1

Use nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext to avoid blackscreen. Copy it over efi partition in clover kexts folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks Kynyo, with the nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext and the bootflag -ngfxbeta the system start! now for hardware acceleration the video card need a Nvidia web driver? (sorry for bad English)

I'm having the same problem. GTX 1070 not showing up at all, but Nvidia system preferences is showing the driver is 'enabled'.

If you check the Nvidia system preferences under 'G-SYNC', can you see your device in the list? Mine doesn't show up.

I used the Nvidia Web Driver Version app to change the 10.12.5 drivers to accept the High Sierra build. But it seems that invalidates the NVDAStartupWeb.kext. If you check in System Profiler under Extensions, it shows that kext is not loaded, and information reads as 'Loadable: No' and that there is an error with the signature validation (presumably because the Info.plist inside has been modified).

I think because the Startup kext is unable to be loaded, the drivers aren't being started. But Nvidia thinks it is loaded because we have booted with NvidiaWeb=true.

I'm using APFS, I'm curious if people with HFS+ have actually gotten this to work properly even though the kext is invalidated. I have turned SIP off (CSRActiveConfig = 0x67) just to double check but it still won't load it.

Edit: typo

I'm on the same boat.

I'm using HFS+ and it's not working. :(

guys in the -v log it seems that the problem on apfs is caused by a library that is not loaded or works differently on apfs 

Well, at least we know it's just not going to work for now... beats trying to hack it to work I guess