[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

@Sherlocks

I think I found the cause of the problem on my rig. I've been doing some more test for about 7 hours with different settings and FF,FFM and PF and none of them worked. So it got me thinking that what might be the cause.

It's "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi" without it I can install macOS High Sierra DP2 Update 1 from USB without a hiccup.

I tested the iMac 13,1 iMac13,2 iMac 17,1 iMac18,1 MacPro6,1 and all of them work perfectly fine on my rig with clover's default values, no additional FF or PFF or PlatformFeature

So that's conclude the test I've been doing so far.

and to the guys whom are experiencing the OSInstall.mpkg error please test the installer without the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi installed and let me know if it worked out for you as well.

These tests were conducted on my Asus P8H77-M LE, Core i3 3210, R9 270X GPU with all the other hard disk attached to the mainboard.

Cheers.

Update I've been using clover 4102 for all the test and it works perfectly fine  :yes:

Whooa.. I didn't test it yet with UEFI on my mach, my bad.  :lol: So it means Beta version of 10.13 till date can only be installed on UEFI? Since, on my Legacy-GPT I never used "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi". Wanna retry again with r4102. Nice info (y)

@Sherlocks

I think I found the cause of the problem on my rig. I've been doing some more test for about 7 hours with different settings and FF,FFM and PF and none of them worked. So it got me thinking that what might be the cause.

It's "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi" without it I can install macOS High Sierra DP2 Update 1 from USB without a hiccup.

I tested the iMac 13,1 iMac13,2 iMac 17,1 iMac18,1 MacPro6,1 and all of them work perfectly fine on my rig with clover's default values, no additional FF or PFF or PlatformFeature

and to the guys whom are experiencing the OSInstall.mpkg error please test the installer without the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi installed and let me know if it worked out for you as well.

These tests were conducted on my Asus P8H77-M LE, Core i3 3210, R9 270X GPU with all the other hard disk attached to the mainboard.

Cheers.

Update I've been using clover 4102 for all the test and it works perfectly fine  :yes:

share please clover pkg and efi folder)

@Sherlocks

Cheers.

Whooa.. I didn't test it yet with UEFI on my mach, my bad.  :lol: So it means Beta version of 10.13 till date can only be installed on UEFI? Since, on my Legacy-GPT I never used "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi". Wanna retry again with r4102. Nice info (y)

You won't need EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi for Legacy BIOS anyway. you can test macOS High Sierra on your machine, but the EFI folder I posted is for UEFI :)

Clover 4102 and the EFI folder might not work on your system you might need to make lots of optimizations to the config.plist but here it is 

EFI.zip

You won't need EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi for Legacy BIOS anyway. you can test macOS High Sierra on your machine, but the EFI folder I posted is for UEFI :)

Clover 4102 and the EFI folder might not work on your system you might need to make lots of optimizations to the config.plist but here it is 

thanks. I managed to install beta1 but beta2 definitely changed something) stuck +++++

thanks. I managed to install beta1 but beta2 definitely changed something) stuck +++++

No worry, my mach's BIOS is UEFI capable.. the reason why I'm still using Legacy is my another OSes intalled on HDD using this scheme; but NP for testing purpose LoL  :wink_anim:

No worry, my mach's BIOS is UEFI capable.. the reason why I'm still using Legacy is my another OSes intalled on HDD using this scheme; but NP for testing purpose LoL  :wink_anim:

That's good. Maybe with macOS High Sierra's final release you won't be needing those other OSes  ;)  But if you checked my theory please let me know if it worked or failed ;)

But as far as I know for nVidia GPUs we still need the Emu-VariableUEFI.efi I guess. Maybe we can add it later after macOS High Sierra is installed. I'm not sure :) this needs more test to for us to make sure. :yes:

@Sherlocks

and to the guys whom are experiencing the OSInstall.mpkg error please test the installer without the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi installed and let me know if it worked out for you as well.

Cheers.

Update I've been using clover 4102 for all the test and it works perfectly fine :yes:

Are you joking? After all my testing on my Haswell laptop I was removing dsdt / ssdt's and kexts one by one and I just started removing .efi drivers. I'll revert back to normal config and remove EmuVariable and report back.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Are you joking? After all my testing on my Haswell laptop I was removing dsdt / ssdt's and kexts one by one and I just started removing .efi drivers. I'll revert back to normal config and remove EmuVariable and report back.

No my friend it's not a joke  :hysterical:

I went through all those steps and none of them worked so it got me thinking that what must be the cause that with only version that I can boot with no problem is the 4092 that I had so after cross examining that folder with other folders I found out that the EmuVariable.efi is not in the drivers64UEFI folder so I created a new clover bootable disk and just installed "OsxAptioFix2Drv-64" and nothing else. I also didn't install RC scripts, but so far my money is on "EmuVariable.efi"

But please with all means test my hypothesis and let me know. :)

No my friend it's not a joke :hysterical:

I went through all those steps and none of them worked so it got me thinking that what must be the cause that with only version that I can boot with no problem is the 4092 that I had so after cross examining that folder with other folders I found out that the EmuVariable.efi is not in the drivers64UEFI folder so I created a new clover bootable disk and just installed "OsxAptioFix2Drv-64" and nothing else. I also didn't install RC scripts, but so far my money is on "EmuVariable.efi"

But please with all means test my hypothesis and let me know. :)

Will do. Hopefully all of our testing helps others and the devs.

Will do. Hopefully all of our testing helps others and the devs.

Of course it helps :)

and I hope it works on your rig as well as it did on mine 

Fingers crossed  ;)

for GA-Z170X-Gaming 5..no need emuriable-64uefi...

Oh, Thanks a lot man I will definitely keep that in mind for installing macOS High Sierra on my SkyLake machine :)

unfortunately I'm out of quota for liking your posts  :hysterical:

Oh, Thanks a lot man I will definitely keep that in mind for installing macOS High Sierra on my SkyLake machine :)

unfortunately I'm out of quota for liking your posts  :hysterical:

mine is also skylate

Many skylake's hack lost native nvram support when the bios was updated with kabylake cpu's support

You can test for this

I'm on F21 so that means I'm gonna need the EmuVariableUEFI.efi for my nVidia GPU right? I haven't tested macOS High Sierra fully on my SkyLake because there is no official nVidia driver yet.

I'm on F21 so that means I'm gonna need the EmuVariableUEFI.efi for my nVidia GPU right? I haven't tested macOS High Sierra fully on my SkyLake because there is no official nVidia driver yet.

I think so...

@gengik84

I forgot that I just installed macOS High Sierra DP2 update 1 on my SkyLake machine with EmuVariableUEFI.efi and it was ok. The installation went through with no problem. I've been testing all day long and I forgot what I did on what :hysterical:

Hi guys,

I also had issues with the Public Beta 17A291m/DP2_1 update, which I was able to later solve...

On my legacy BIOS GAP55aUD3/Intel i5-750/ATI HD5770 system, I had

1) KP/Instant reboot with first boot into macOS install. According to @Pike, this is caused by AppleSMC failing to load on some systems. I was able to fix by placing AppleSMC.kext from 17A291m (attached) into Clover/kexts/10.13 of my installer USB —>injected during boot.

2) OSInstall.mpkg error. I found this went away after deleting all NVRAM.plist files from any/all my EFI partitions. This might also explain why for some people, completely wiping the target installation disk and/or removing other drives from the system helped avoid the problem. Note NVRAM.plist files are usually created on legacy machines with no hardware NVRAM (via Clover rc scripts).

I tested with Clover r4101 (4097 OK too), left Bios Version/Release Date, FF, FFMask, PF blank in config.plist —> Clover will apply defaults which worked OK.

AppleSMC.kext.zip

• Like 5

Hi guys,

I also had issues with the Public Beta 17A291m/DP2_1 update, which I was able to later solve...

On my legacy BIOS GAP55aUD3/Intel i5-750/ATI HD5770 system, I had

1)  KP/Instant reboot with first boot into macOS install.  According to @Pike, this is caused by AppleSMC failing to load on some systems.  I was able to fix by placing AppleSMC.kext from 17A291m (attached) into Clover/kexts/10.13 of my installer USB —>injected during boot.

2)  OSInstall.mpkg error.  I found this went away after deleting all NVRAM.plist files from any/all my EFI partitions.  This might also explain why for some people, completely wiping the target installation disk and/or removing other drives from the system helped avoid the problem.  Note NVRAM.pist files are usually created on legacy machines with no hardware NVRAM (via Clover rc scripts).

I tested with Clover r4101 (4097 OK too), left Bios Version/Release Date, FF, FFMask, PF blank in config.plist —> Clover will apply defaults which worked OK.

I guess that confirms what I have posted earlier, by removing the EmuVariableUEFI.efi and not installing the rc scripts with clover installer I was able to install macOS High Sierra with no problem.

Thanks for the update :)

I will test it the AppleSMC.kext on my GA-EP45-DS3R later and let you know how it goes.

• Like 3

2)  OSInstall.mpkg error.  I found this went away after deleting all NVRAM.plist files from any/all my EFI partitions.  This might also explain why for some people, completely wiping the target installation disk and/or removing other drives from the system helped avoid the problem.  Note NVRAM.pist files are usually created on legacy machines with no hardware NVRAM (via Clover rc scripts).

Should be pinned or marked 5qmzEcH.png if that was possible.

It just works perfect and totally fix the OSInstall.mpkg error for me !

Of course, we need more successful reports but I think THIS is the real fix for everyone :).

Thank you so much, this error drove me nuts for a while !

:thumbsup_anim:

To be clear, I had to delete the nvrm.plist at the root of my USB stick since I had no macOS install yet on any drive > didn't passed the first reboot.

• Like 1