[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

By the way, why did we need to change BIOS version and Release Date? I can boot just fine with the old information. In High Sierra, on APFS. I'm only curious if that information is crucial for something. Cause I can't remember what was it. Was it for installation only?

No mind to brake the rules : also to take exeprience for app : i my job ( building and architecture) the great subject is IFC : it's used for all the members off buiding team : my interest is for developp and use such features.

You can use any application that you like, but I don't think you'll be getting any support for them here. (Or I just might be wrong :))

A lot of people use their hackintoshes for daily use, they use apple's apps, they use adobe's etc. You are not obligated to limit your experience by any rules here. 

By the way, why did we need to change BIOS version and Release Date? I can boot just fine with the old information. In High Sierra, on APFS. I'm only curious if that information is crucial for something. Cause I can't remember what was it. Was it for installation only?

IMHO having the most accurate hardware info will help to improve the overall performance and stability, it's not just crucial for installing macOS but it will help to keep the system more reliable and it will use the hardware resources much better.

• Like 1

No. Just get cloverlog and attach log here.

I wonder your intel graphic accelation no problem? What is your graphic in windows? Model name

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Ok  : i don't use windows with this build  where is locate bootlog  or wiitch command may i use ?

To Sherlocks :

post-1879825-0-54720600-1498940981_thumb.png

post-1879825-0-12852400-1498941027_thumb.png

post-1879825-0-13403100-1498941149_thumb.png

post-1879825-0-84987500-1498941166_thumb.png

It's automatic

It's in the source

Just try with product only (like iMac14,2)

For example, last commit updated some info

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4101/

I was thinking of a more user friendly way of adding that information. :) But something built into Clover. Maybe into Clover UI. Or the preference pane. I don't know.

Cause, especially for new users, it's not clear which SMBIOS should they chose and why. Also, in order to use iMac14,2 you need to be aware of its existence. You need to know that you can use it. And how you can use it. Meaning, to have it as an option you can select (like you have with Clover Configurator). This is why a lot of people use it. Clover has the SMBIOS embedded into its DNA. Which is awesome. But...there is no easy way to access it.

I mean, in order to select iMac14,2,for example, you need to know what an iMac14,2 is, you need to be aware of the syntax when adding it to the config, and all that doesn't come easy for a new user. Or any regular user, for that matter.

Anyway, it's still good know that the information is there. Even if it's not very user friendly to get to it. :)

Thank you!

try the EFI folder I posted earlier. Remove all the DSDT/SSDT tables and then test it on the bootable USB disk that you created for macOS High Sierra. DP1 or DP 2 or even DP2 Update 1 should work.

The config that I used with that folder is the second line on my signature. Give it a try and let me know.

Grey Background with US flag and wifi icon on right corner but no pointer, no menu bar and macOS windows

Before booting with Clover 4097 , i tried clover 4084, clover 4091 and clover 4094 without success and for me clover 4097 seems good for G1840 CPU ( don't have tried to install on  my other i 4150 build :  just have booting with success on clover 4084 but i reboot at the langage on the installer selection not insterested to install 10.13 in this build )

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately doesn't work with my config for fresh install Beta 2 update 1. Wiating Beta 3...

Unfortunately doesn't work with my config for fresh install Beta 2 update 1. Wiating Beta 3...

Unfortunately doesn't work with my config for fresh install Beta 2 update 1. Wiating Beta 3...

Can you tell me what happens when you boot? do you still get the same message or is it a new message?

• Like 1

Can you tell me what happens when you boot? do you still get the same message or is it a new message?

Osintall.mpkg error has disappeared. Grey Background with US flag and wifi icon on right corner but no pointer, no menu bar and macOS windows

Osintall.mpkg error has disappeared. Grey Background with US flag and wifi icon on right corner but no pointer, no menu bar and macOS windows

can you send me your EFI folder so I can check it out my pc? You can send it to me via PM.

• Like 1

Even with Beta 2 update 1, clover 4101, updated bios version and date I still get OSInstall.mpkg error on a fresh USB install on my laptop but installing from .app is flawless.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Even with Beta 2 update 1, clover 4101, updated bios version and date I still get OSInstall.mpkg error on a fresh USB install on my laptop but installing from .app is flawless.

The only version that doesn't end up with the OSInstall.mpkg error on my rig is the 4092, I tried 4097,4100, 4101 and all failed. I tested the 4092 with and without other HDDs attached and it worked either way.

you can see my folder here but if you are going to use it remember that I forgot to remove my DSDT/SSDT files from ACPI. Replace them with yours and give it a try and let me know how it worked out.

The only version that doesn't end up with the OSInstall.mpkg error on my rig is the 4092, I tried 4097,4100, 4101 and all failed. I tested the 4092 with and without other HDDs attached and it worked either way.

you can see my folder here but if you are going to use it remember that I forgot to remove my DSDT/SSDT files from ACPI. Replace them with yours and give it a try and let me know how it worked out.

I'll give 4092 a shot on my laptop when I get time to do a fresh usb install.

you can see my folder here but if you are going to use it remember that I forgot to remove my DSDT/SSDT files from ACPI. Replace them with yours and give it a try and let me know how it worked out.y

How completely odd it is that each individuals installation success so far with High Sierra 10.13 seems so random and unique.   With the initial Developer Preview release, I had absolutely no issues with installing it in either HFS+ or APFS on my Dell Optiplex 790 (SFF) (and I believe with Clover v4046) on an SSD adjacent to my macOS Sierra 10.12.5 partition.    When using the same USB installer, upgrading to Clover v4084 (different config.plist, DSDT, SSDT, patches etc obviously) and trying both firmware features and new SMBIOS information, nothing worked and I was forced to resort to the "Core.pkg" install method on my HP Envy K series laptop.    After downloading the 10.13 Public Beta release, I wiped the 10.13 DP partition clean on my laptop and tried installing it from scratch though was met with the same firmware obstacles with either formats (HFS+ or APFS).   I attempted the "Core.pkg" install though this time even that failed.   Once however I upgraded Clover from v4084 to v4097, I finally was able to achieve a complete, error free install on my laptop.   On a side note, I noticed that in upgrading to Clover v4097, the Clover boot menu displayed/listed partitions (10.13 recovery etc.) that v4084 did not.

Point being is that to me in carefully sifting through this forum it appears that a definitive, "one size fits all" solution to installing macOS 10.13 High Sierra remains somewhat elusive thus far.

• Like 2

It's work for me @SavageAUS. Fresh install Beta 2 Update 1 is succeed.

Great Job, thanks cyberdevs :D

Give me your DMI Dump from darwin dump in r4092.

I will check. Before upload dump, remove your serial and mlb in SMBIOS.txt

Hi guys,

I've been doing some more tests and I'm glad to tell you that with clover 4092, iMac18,1 SMBIOS with BIOS version:IM181.88Z.0147.B01.1706251744 BIOS Release Date: 06/26/2017 I was able to install macOS High Sierra DP 2 Update 1 with no problem, No OSInstall.mpkg error with all of my other Hard Disk Drives attached and with having clover installed on the EFI partition on all other hard disks.

I remember a while back when first DP was released I encountered the OSInstall.mpkg error once and after that I downloaded the 4092 version I was able to install the macOS High Sierra with no problem. I was asking @SavageAUS if he had succeeded to install the macOS and he told me that he has's been able to install the with the USB Installer.

25b9022108eefa8f24875839bb942cc3.jpg

@Sherlocks,

Please notice the FF,FFM and the PF.

when fresh install macOS High Sierra DP 2 Update 1, in r4101, did you try imac18,1 bios version and date with clover default FF and FFM?

• Like 1

Maybe, You can use it with Cyberdevs' EFI Folder #post 1532. Clicking "here"

Nope. I need a full installer because I want to test r4092 on some Legacy installs. So I can't just copy BOOTX64.efi and CLOVERX64.efi, I need the boot file also.

Point being is that to me in carefully sifting through this forum it appears that a definitive, "one size fits all" solution to installing macOS 10.13 High Sierra remains somewhat elusive thus far.

Yep. There must be something wrong with Clover and I'm not sure the OSInstall.mpkg error is related to FF, FFM or Bios version/date anymore :unsure:. They may have an impact but I suspect there's something else that prevents from working for everyone.

Give me your DMI Dump from darwin dump in r4092.

I will check. Before upload dump, remove your serial and mlb in SMBIOS.txt

I can't delete MLB infos, I don't find them.

Sorry for my english

SMBIOS.txt

On High Sierra with r4092, Darwin Dumper can't open.  Despite this command in Terminal: sudo spctl --master-disable

Sorry for my english

strange...

@cyberdevs

tell me exactly

since 4092 to 4101, there is not big difference for install HS.

tell me exactly

1.Bootloader version

2.FF

3.FFM

4.BIOSROM

i think. you maybe not try to use iMac18,1 info in r4101.

both r4092 and r4101 are same FF,FFM.

PF(platform feature). In Clover gui, only the decimal value (65535) was changed to hexadecimal 0xFFFF.

both 4092 and 4101 dont use PF. because of 0xFFFF