[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

My IGFX HD530 works like a charm in 10.13 with Lilu + IntelGraphicsFixup. 

I still get the black screen, and it's driving me nuts :D:rofl:

I even tried the latest versions of the IntelGraphicsFixup.kext you posted earlier today.

Do you have a discreet GPU? or just the IGFX?

@Mork vom Ork gave me some great instructions but I didn't have the time to test them yet. He suggested:

"This is what i have done to make it work, as it is now doing:

• Removed all cards from internal, like RX480, Gigabyte ThunderboltCard and my TV-Card (which i use under WIN10). Installed a completely fresh ASUS BIOS to the board, restarted machine and set BIOS to all their desired values. iGPU as primary, CSM enabled etc.

• Removed "DSDT.aml" and ALL not neccesary *.aml files  from EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. Set "Inject INTEL = true" in my CLOVER config.plist under "Graphics"

• booted with this so prepaired macOS10.13 installstick and installed fresh system.

• botted from the fresh installed High Sierra SSD and moved EFI folder from Stick to the High Sierra SSD. so stick no longer needed to boot CLOVER. Btw: CLOVER is latest rev.4084

• installed RX480 into slot1 and rebooted. WORX. Installed Gigabyte Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt3 card, rebooted, WORX, too.

This did it for me. No patch needed to make iGPU and RX480 to work as expected now. Hope, this helps. Try out step-by-step and take your time. Don't hesitate.

Regards... Mork vom Ork"

try this one

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyfwjrft7spxirl/GA-Z170X-Gaming%205%20High%20Sierra.zip?dl=0

Just beware that I wasn't able to get my HD 530 to work yet because I use 1070 and I have to remove it to see if I can get HD530 to work. I simply didn't want to go to the process.

You might need to add Inject Intel=True and put in the ig-platformid

No, your clover I mean which u gave me. (there's nothing in ACPI folder)

I removed all the ACPI files because they are for my computers. Each computer needs it own DSDT and SSDT tables or you can use the same DSDT.aml file from another user which has same mobo as you do.

I have a Z170X-Gaming 5 mobo and you have Gigabyte z170-D3H so they are different.

My IGFX HD530 works like a charm in 10.13 with Lilu + IntelGraphicsFixup. 

Which boot flags you are using?

Update:

I had to remove the 1070 GPU and without macOS High Sierra boots completely and it's working OK.

If I put the nVidia GPU it won't boot. so knowing that HD530 works on my rig is good enough for me :D

So I guess I'll wait for nVidiaWebDriver to be released to test it further more, and for the time being I'll use my older pc for testing 10.13

Over and Out :D

• Like 1

Update:

I had to remove the 1070 GPU and without macOS High Sierra boots completely and it's working OK.

If I put the nVidia GPU it won't boot. so knowing that HD530 works on my rig is good enough for me :D

So I guess I'll wait for nVidiaWebDriver to be released to test it further more, and for the time being I'll use my older pc for testing 10.13

Over and Out :D

As i know hd530 has sleep problem if only use hd530.

Do you have sleep issue?

It means that has black screen after wakeup

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 1

As i know hd530 has sleep problem if only use hd530.

Do you have sleep issue?

It means that has black screen after wakeup

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Hi man!

Thanks for the great work you doing I'm a fan :D and making High Sierra Hackintosh possible with clover 4084;)

As a matter of fact I'm aware of the sleep issues with HD530 in macOS Sierra and High Sierra.

I didn't test the sleep on High Sierra because my SkyLake computer is my main pc for day to day use.

I will do more test later an keep you posted.

Cheers

After reading thoroughly all of this... I'm wondering if worth trying  :(

It completely depends on what do you want to do.

If you want to test the new macOS and if you can get all the parts of the system to work, then yes it's worth it

If you can't have a fully functional computer using macOS High Sierra, then no it's not worth the hassle.

In general, DP versions and public betas are more for developers and testers whom test the new macOS and find/report the bugs so they can be fixed in the release version.

IMHO if you want a stable system for day to day work, stay tuned at least until the first beta comes out and then decide to upgrade to High Sierra, but if can live without it only wait and in four to five months the release version will be out.

• Like 2

After reading thoroughly all of this... I'm wondering if worth trying  :(

Of course yes! If your signature is correct, I think you won't have many problems with setting your first machine up  ^_^

Maybe you'll see an ACPI error, because you have a Haswell CPU, but you just have to drop MATS tables in the clover settings (several times mentioned in the thread). 

And like cyberdevs already mentioned: Keep in mind what you want to do with it.

• Like 1

It completely depends on what do you want to do.

If you want to test the new macOS and if you can get all the parts of the system to work, then yes it's worth it

If you can't have a fully functional computer using macOS High Sierra, then no it's not worth the hassle.

In general, DP versions and public betas are more for developers and testers whom test the new macOS and find/report the bugs so they can be fixed in the release version.

IMHO if you want a stable system for day to day work, stay tuned at least until the first beta comes out and then decide to upgrade to High Sierra, but if can live without it only wait and in four to five months the release version will be out.

Thanks, you got it exactly  ;) as I would like to be helpful, having an "easy" rig, but actually I have little time to mess w/ fine tuning  :(, so couldn't deep into what could be really needed to test...  :(

Of course yes! If your signature is correct, I think you won't have many problems with setting your first machine up  ^_^

Maybe you'll see an ACPI error, because you have a Haswell CPU, but you just have to drop MATS tables in the clover settings (several times mentioned in the thread). 

And like cyberdevs already mentioned: Keep in mind what you want to do with it.

Thank you for your suggestions, too (I was writing while you typed)  :).

Definitely worth trying as soon as I have some free time  :yes:.

Edited by Il Francy MacPc
  • Like 1

Well if you are up to the task then go for it . Nothing's more appealing than a challenge to discover a new world!

We will help you to get it up and running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great discovery! Please announce me if you'll have a solution in the meantime. Thanks.

For now, modifying any of the previously mentioned strings in the ACPI table header (Signature, OemId, OemTableId, AslCompilerId) to remove invalid characters (chars > 0x7F) should allow you to boot. I'm still looking into patching AppleACPIPlatform to prevent the panic from happening.

• Like 2

Well if you are up to the task then go for it . Nothing's more appealing than a challenge to discover a new world!

We will help you to get it up and running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why I joined long time ago  :lol: . My first challenge was w/ a SiS chipset  :help:

• Like 1

@TheRaceMaster, patching that would be a majorrrr help. Thank you for taking on that task. I use to have them panics and resorted to dropping tables to fix it, but it was effin hell to try to find a solution. I thought it wasn't possible to even install on a kaby lake notebook. I was wrong

Hello @Muntashir; how about this one? Here.

I couldn't remember if I tried it (I tried lots of methods!), so tried again. It didn't worked. It gave me the same kernel panic that I've stated earlier.

I don't even found a single explanation regarding the kernel panic.

• Like 1

I get as far as 2nd stage install but as soon as it starts, I get either firmware error or osinstall package corrupted

I've tried adding the firmware features option to my smbios section but I still get the same

has anyone managed to overcome this error and how did you do ?

ta

HP Omen Laptop - intel kabylake i5 with intel 630 and geforce 1050 graphics

[off topic on]

the whole [pre-releases] macOS Sierra topic (GM included) has a total of 39 pages... here [pre-releases] macOS High Sierra Beta 1 itself already has 40 pages.

If it is not the love, I do not know what it is.

:lol:   :P

[off topic off]

• Like 16

I get as far as 2nd stage install but as soon as it starts, I get either firmware error or osinstall package corrupted

I've tried adding the firmware features option to my smbios section but I still get the same

has anyone managed to overcome this error and how did you do ?

ta

HP Omen Laptop - intel kabylake i5 with intel 630 and geforce 1050 graphics

Hello there,

1. Config

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/page-19#entry2438594

2. Clover
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?p=2438129

Best regards.
  • Like 2

I have XPS 15 9560 Kaby Lake Notebook. My graphics are Intel HD 630. FakeIntel: 0x19168086 and ig-platform-id: 0x19160000 along with IntelInject = True. This worked for me in Sierra. When I use the same configuration in High Sierra I get a black screen once I reach the login screen. The graphic kexts that i'm using are FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, Intelgraphicsfixup.kext, lulu.kext, and CoreDisplayFixup along with the "-" flags. Am i missing a kext or do i need to reduce my kexts? I don't know why it is not working and I'm getting the black screen at login. Any help is welcomed and appreciated.