[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

take a look here

the one attached should be fine..

you have to instal with kext utility app or similar...

Also to explain better

You have had success to install an unsigned nvidiaweb driver unlocked to be installed in every osx version

but then you have to match osx version you use now.. if it is GM you have to put 17A362a

Installed with kext utility :

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170917/92835f93fcc6f4c4e9845817d3061352.heic

Hello,
in High Sierra , after activating the trim, the boot stays about 15 seconds before these rows:

kernel: (apfs) er_state_obj_get_for_recovery:3682: No ER state object - rolling is not happening, nothing to recover.

kernel: (apfs) handle_mount:254: vol-uuid: 42581E64-0633-4338-A556-AFBEFF7E020F block size: 4096 block count: 58556556 (unencrypted; flags: 0x1; features: 1.0.2)

kernel: (apfs) apfs_vfsop_mount:1331: mounted volume: VM

kernel: (apfs) apfs_load_inode:3805: *** reset ino 775206 size back to 29314 (from 29989)

without trim no breaks.

A goodwill coder might explain to me why?

Thanks in advance.

Hello guys,

After the computer has been idle for a while the monitor screen goes black, when clicking the mouse to get back to desktop it looks weird, please see attached picture. I have an Intel HD520. Everything works 100% except for this issue. Anyone knows what the problem could be?

All help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Configuration:

- Clover Intel IGPU injections disabled.

- DSDT: IGPU device + injection of ig-platform-id 0x1916 as the _only_ injected property, without this it doesn't seem to work.

- Lilu + DVMT fixup + Graphics Fixup. Tested without Grephics Fixup and same result. DVMT fixup is mandatory to boot the computer.

- Clover version 4210.

post-78274-0-62571500-1505686288_thumb.jpg

anyone getting blinitializelibrary failed 0xc00000bb error at boot usually when APFS.efi loads before clover? started on my machine after upgrading a working DP9 to GM. same efi folder works fine from USB. googling the error I just find machines that mine bitcoin with the issue when having 3 or 4 video cards but this is a laptop with only Iintel IGPU

Happens on my machine as well. Typically after I open it and switch to another open application.

i found something. i always used chrome after boot. it means that chrome always opened.

i have a old chrome version. if open chrome, itunes forced close(crash) randomly. i updated chrome now. and tested many times. seems no issue

as result, old chrome causes itunes forced close(crash).

sorry for my bad english

• Like 3

in GM my EVGA GTX660 SC is recognised correctly and hardware acceleration is working, but after 2-3 minutes on the desktop artefacts starts to appear and disappear on the screens.

Does anyone else see this?

I have had the exact same issue since starting the 10.13 betas. What mother board do you have. I have only found one other person who is experiencing this and by "coincidence" they have the exact same hardware as myself: ASUS Maximus VII Impact with EVGA GTX660. I am also using an old Apple Cinema 30 monitor. At 2560x1600 the artifacts are worse but if I drop down to 2048x1280 or lower they seem to go away.

Ok, so, for anyone concerned, upgrading from Sierra to High Sierra, while FileVault enabled, results in an unbootable system. For as far as I could see, the installation files are not copied to the root directory. Also, after reboot, there's nothing to start off the installation (because of the first issue), and the current installation asks for password to unlock the computer (which is normal), but doesn't start loading anything. It just displays the transparent screen with nothing on it. No loading bar, no loading, nothing.

The only way I found to fix this, was to decrypt the current partition before upgrading to High Sierra, and encrypt it again afterwards. This way the upgrade works with no issues.

• Like 2

in GM my EVGA GTX660 SC is recognised correctly and hardware acceleration is working, but after 2-3 minutes on the desktop artefacts starts to appear and disappear on the screens.

I have had the exact same issue since starting the 10.13 betas. What mother board do you have. I have only found one other person who is experiencing this and by "coincidence" they have the exact same hardware as myself: ASUS Maximus VII Impact with EVGA GTX660. I am also using an old Apple Cinema 30 monitor. At 2560x1600 the artifacts are worse but if I drop down to 2048x1280 or lower they seem to go away.

I updated my machine to the 10.13 GM a couple of days ago and see the same behavior on my machine.

I assume this to be corrected by NV Web drivers hopefully sooner than later.

I updated my machine to the 10.13 GM a couple of days ago and see the same behavior on my machine.

I assume this to be corrected by NV Web drivers hopefully sooner than later.

What's your hardware profile, motherboard and graphics? Curious if it's anything related to the EVGA 660 or ASUS Maximus VII Impact BIOS. Is you IGPU disabled? I found that enabling both the HD4600 IGPU and the Nvidia 660 the artifacts are not as bad or as often. I have the IGPU disabled as I experience Safari freeze and reboot. iTunes also crashes with the HD4600 enabled.

My GV-N660WF2-2GD have artefacts still in GM, but it was not happen except for HiDPI mode with SwitchResX.  

I have a Gigabyte Z77-DS3H board with two monitors. One is LG IPS277 27-inch (1920 x 1080) and the other Dell P2715Q 27-inch (3840 x 2160). I don't want to have web drivers, I prefer to go with Apple ones as it's just easier to update. No need to wait for Nvidia to update the drivers as well.

Anyway I'm going to update my video card with RX 580 Pulse because of the feedback it has in our community. 

After install High Sierra should I still need NvmExpressDxe-64.efi?

Update: I removed NvmExpressDxe-64.efi from CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and nothing change. Everything working without a problem. My High Sierra is fully working.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-09-18 at 19.42.31.pngattachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-09-18 at 19.42.46.pngattachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-09-18 at 19.42.57.pngattachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-09-18 at 19.43.07.pngattachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-09-18 at 19.43.19.pngattachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-09-18 at 19.43.34.pngattachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-09-18 at 19.43.58.pngattachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-09-18 at 19.27.47.png

Well done!

Could I please ask you to post your config.plist and DSDT.aml? I would like to take a peek at how your Intel HD IGPU configuration looks like.

Cheers :)

What's your hardware profile, motherboard and graphics? Curious if it's anything related to the EVGA 660 or ASUS Maximus VII Impact BIOS. Is you IGPU disabled? I found that enabling both the HD4600 IGPU and the Nvidia 660 the artifacts are not as bad or as often. I have the IGPU disabled as I experience Safari freeze and reboot. iTunes also crashes with the HD4600 enabled.

iMac 13,2 System definition

MB: GA-Z77N-WIFI

GPU: EVGA GTX660 SC

CPU: i7 3770K

IGPU is disabled pretty much ever since I built this machine about 5 years ago. I can't believe it was such a long time ago...

Anyway, I'll wait until Nvidia releases the drivers before making any changes to the configuration because besides some artifacts here and there, the system runs absolutely great.

Setting up desktop wallpaper to change for example every minute seems to help keep the artifacts away, switching between Spaces and closing a fullscreen app seems to clear out the artifacts. After wake from sleep and restart there are no artifacts for about 10-45 minutes. Opening the Applications folder (shown in grid view) from dock seems to instantly trigger artifacting.

Hey bros, do you get some text on welcome logo (before moving to clover screen) when installing 10.13? I get some and I think it will come after putting apfs.efi in drive64uefi. But if i don't put apfs.efi, clover doesn't recognize my disk which was formatted as APFS.

Can I remove that text or not? 

Hey bros, do you get some text on welcome logo (before moving to clover screen) when installing 10.13? I get some and I think it will come after putting apfs.efi in drive64uefi. But if i don't put apfs.efi, clover doesn't recognize my disk which was formatted as APFS.

Can I remove that text or not? 

Hi there, these texts are apfs logs and you can avoid seeing them by installing CsmVideoDxe

• Like 1

Hi there, these texts are apfs logs and you can avoid seeing them by installing CsmVideoDxe

Is there any workaround without using CsmVideoDxe? I don't use that driver as I have CSM disabled in BIOS (otherwise I do not get native 4K resolution with my Nvidia card in Clover).

• Like 1

Is there any workaround without using CsmVideoDxe? I don't use that driver as I have CSM disabled in BIOS (otherwise I do not get native 4K resolution with my Nvidia card in Clover).

On my system, I've CsmvideoDxe installed and CSM disabled for UEFI BIOS video card: it works.

• Like 2

I have the same question, and also the same situation with you :D

Now I know this is apfs logs but actually i don't want to see it :)). You know, I'm using Gigabyte mobo, when it appears, the "Gi" will go up slowly but "gabyte" stay there :lol: