[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

"new clover boot loaders it's better to use the OSXAptiofixDrv.efi". This is also valid for my config: with aptiofix2, I can boot with -x  :(

I use the OSXAptiofixDrv on my IvyBridge for some time (couple of months). I didn't test the -x boot flag though because I never needed it.

• Like 2

Does anyone even have same problem? Hot-pluggging HDD work like a charm under Sierra.

Yes, on my Medion laptop, the eSata connection works fine with Sierra... also plug it in while operating a Sata SSD. 
Hot plug does not work with High Sierra.

I use the OSXAptiofixDrv on my IvyBridge for some time (couple of months). I didn't test the -x boot flag though because I never needed it.

Ok. :)  Boot-args -x issue is for OSXAptiofix2. I use it since El Capitan.

• Like 1

Ok. :)  Boot-args -x issue is for OSXAptiofix2. I use it since El Capitan.

By the way for the sake of the argument I just tested the -x flag just to make sure that it works and it does. You can switch to OSXAptiofixDrv and you will be able to use the -x whenever you need it ;)

When updating to Beta 8 i get "package damaged or missing"-error. Already deleted all EMUVariableEfis etc. (cant find any NVRAM.plists) but the error still appears. :/

Make sure that you are using the latest version of clover r4189 (Thanks to @fusion71au for that). nvram.plist is in the root of the EFI partition you might need to mount the EFI partition to find it. Make sure that you have the latest SMBIOS data in the config.plist you can use clover configurator 4.50.00 to update the SMBIOS.

And unplug windows hdd/ssd if you have any (Thanks to @chris1111 for finding that as another cause for OSInstall.mpkg error)

• Like 4

I guess those icns file you are using are actually the png files with the .icns extensions that might be the cause for it not working.

Try one of the icon files inside the following file:

If you can change the icon of a hard drive using one of those icons then my assumption would be correct.

/System/Library/CoreServices/

Exactly  I am used a .png  :D

• Like 1

Exactly  I am used a .png  :D

Did it worked? because it doesn't work on my end when I use a png with the changed extension to .icns file. it only shows the png icon in the get info page. But with a .icns from a legitimate source it works without any problem.

Did it worked? because it doesn't work on my end when I use a png with the changed extension to .icns file. it only shows the png icon in the get info page. But with a .icns from a legitimate source it works without any problem.

If you use an icns, you need to convert it to png before making the change, it also works with .tiff

Open with preview

File / export to png

post-951341-0-55624700-1504103977_thumb.png

• Like 3

If you use an icns, you need to convert it to png before making the change, it also works with .tiff

Open with preview

File / export to png

I know about that but it just simply doesn't work on my end. I might need to rebuild my icon cache to see if that fixes it.

The same thing happens on Sierra and macOS High Sierra.

Notice the small icon on the top of the page.

I know about that but it just simply doesn't work on my end. I might need to rebuild my icon cache to see if that fixes it.

The same thing happens on Sierra and macOS High Sierra.

Notice the small icon on the top of the page.

I know a .icns does not have a small icon up
Thats why I am export to png and png has this small icon up  :P
Anyway I think HS is little bugy about image  :hysterical:
EDIT**
it is better to export the image in Sierra and then make the change in HS
The image will be intact
  • Like 1

I know a .icns does not have a small icon up
Thats why I am export to png and png has this small icon up  :P
Anyway I think HS is little bugy about image  :hysterical:
EDIT**
it is better to export the image in Sierra and then make the change in HS
The image will be intact

You're right the icon doesn't have the 16px and 32px sizes  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :rofl:  and That's exactly why it is shown that way :D

• Like 1

You're right the icon doesn't have the 16px and 32px sizes  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :rofl:  and That's exactly why it is shown that way :D

You can try with a tiff, open the icons inside your app
Gatekeeper Toggler.app ;  the first image at the top, drag them to a folder
You can change the drive image with it

its wok with a .tiff

You do well like this

• Like 1

Make sure that you are using the latest version of clover r4189 (Thanks to @fusion71au for that). nvram.plist is in the root of the EFI partition you might need to mount the EFI partition to find it. Make sure that you have the latest SMBIOS data in the config.plist you can use clover configurator 4.50.00 to update the SMBIOS.

And unplug windows hdd/ssd if you have any (Thanks to @chris1111 for finding that as another cause for OSInstall.mpkg error)

Thanks, worked perfect. 17A358a now. :) I removed my other 2 backup drives so system ssd was the only drive and updated clover to 4189 + my smbios to imac. Didnt found any nvram.plists but im using UEFI, maybe thats why.

• Like 2

You can try with a tiff, open the icons inside your app
Gatekeeper Toggler.app ;  the first image at the top, drag them to a folder
You can change the drive image with it

its wok with a .tiff

You do well like this

I tried with other icons that have all the sizes available and they work just fine, the whole situation is due to the lack of proper icon size in the icons I was testing. Thanks for pointing that out :)

• Like 1

I have noticed that Hardware Monitor is no longer detecting my CPU GPU or fans. Just the drives it seems. I have tried removing it completely and the reinstalling but so far it is not working as it was.

HWMonitor.app ?

This      RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-0607

Inject in Clover kext /10.13 ?

the plugins rehabman not working inside the FakeSMC like the one from Kozlek

You must put the FakeSMC and the plugins in the folder 10.13

captu128.png

EDIT ***

I dont think you need this 

FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext

Edit again  :P

Works here  Clover / kext / 10.13

FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext

FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext

FakeSMC.kext

sans_t42.jpg

Inject in Clover kext /10.13 ?

the plugins rehabman not working inside the FakeSMC like the one from Kozlek

You must put the FakeSMC and the plugins in the folder 10.13

captu128.png

EDIT ***

I dont think you need this 

FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext

Edit again  :P

Works here  Clover / kext / 10.13

FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext

FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext

FakeSMC.kext

sans_t42.jpg

Same result installing this way, after removing everything from previous install. Only shows drives.  It was working prior to DP8. Is there  a need for the folder Other, if you have a 10.13 folder? I also have a separate install of High Sierra on another drive. Same problem.

Same result installing this way, after removing everything from previous install. Only shows drives.  It was working prior to DP8. Is there  a need for the folder Other, if you have a 10.13 folder? I also have a separate install of High Sierra on another drive. Same problem.

I am not used Other folder because I have Snow /10.6 Folder,  Lion 10.7 folder, Sierra 10.12 folder, and High Sierra 10.13 folder

one Bootloader Clover ESP for all OS X

I do not quite understand your problem, its working well here

I am not used Other folder because I have Snow /10.6 Folder,  Lion 10.7 folder, Sierra 10.12 folder, and High Sierra 10.13 folder

one Bootloader Clover ESP for all OS X

I do not quite understand your problem, its working well here

The problem was with the  Appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext.  Now all is well. I had mislaid my working patched version,  and patched a vanilla kext, to replace it, and that did not work correctly. Now I have tracked down the working version and installed it.      So no need for  the Other folder if you have a 10.13 folder with the kexts installed there. And only one Bootloader Clover ESP is needed.

I have noticed that Hardware Monitor is no longer detecting my CPU GPU or fans. Just the drives it seems. I have tried removing it completely and the reinstalling but so far it is not working as it was.

Use this FakeSMC.kext it has all the sensors inside.

and I suggest you do a nvram and kext cache clean up to get all those sensors to work. That's how I did it.

FakeSMC.kext.zip

The problem was with the  Appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext.  Now all is well. I had mislaid my working patched version,  and patched a vanilla kext, to replace it, and that did not work correctly. Now I have tracked down the working version and installed it.      So no need for  the Other folder if you have a 10.13 folder with the kexts installed there. And only one Bootloader Clover ESP is needed.

It is very good that you have resolved it

For Clover and kexts Folder I was talking to myself, that's how I use it. on tree SSDs and four different OSs 

It is very good that you have resolved it

For Clover and kexts Folder I was talking to myself, that's how I use it. on tree SSDs and four different OSs 

Talking to yourself, but it should work for me too. I have High Sierra, another installation of it that I experiment with, and Also Sierra whatever the current version is. I do not know a whole lot, but it has been fun to do going all the way back to OS X 10.50.  At my age it is getting somewhat difficult to learn new stuff, and also to retain it. The same machine has versions of Windows on it too. I do not believe in trying to run different operating systems on partitions of the same drive. I appreciate your patience ,and that unlike some others your are not pedantic.