[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

I have a concern, can someone tell me if in a real Mac they automatically update Bios Version, ff and ffm and others ??

In a real Mac when you launch the installer it will check the firmware version on the machine and if need be it will update the firmware and then it will resume the installation afterwards. The same thing happens on a hack but instead of updating the firmware it either gets bypassed by clover or turns into a nightmare called "firmware verification failure" I hope it answers your question.

• Like 1

@Sherlocks

I use the iMac13,2 SMBIOS for my IvyBridge rig with Clover r4178, I was under the impression that you said there will be no more Thunderbolt Firmware Update message in the App Store updates, why is that still happening?

It's not a big deal because I just tell the App Store to ignore the update and it will be gone. I'm just curious.

Smbios imac was checked by fusion71a.

What is your smbios model? Tell me.

Im gather HS DP6 installation info(some model has not correct FF and FFM info without Firmware file).

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

mine is macpro 6,1 i tried imac 15,1 as well with FF and fm but no luck my config is -v -radbeta -lilubeta -liluforce and that's it plus the smbios i only have ami 1 fix and apfs.efi also CSR is disabled 

@Sherlocks

I use the iMac13,2 SMBIOS for my IvyBridge rig with Clover r4178, I was under the impression that you said there will be no more Thunderbolt Firmware Update message in the App Store updates, why is that still happening?

It's not a big deal because I just tell the App Store to ignore the update and it will be gone. I'm just curious.

Still show thundebolt message?

I have a remember that my old laptop(sandy) passed thunderbolt after update biosversion on smbios.

I will check imac13,2

mine is macpro 6,1 i tried imac 15,1 as well with FF and fm but no luck my config is -v -radbeta -lilubeta -liluforce and that's it plus the smbios i only have ami 1 fix and apfs.efi also CSR is disabled

What is clover revision? Did you remove FF FFM on your config?

• Like 1

I have a remember that my old laptop(sandy) passed thunderbolt after update biosversion on smbios.

I will check imac13,2

Yes it still shows the update for the Thunderbolt Firmware Update 1.2.

Thanks for looking into it man :)

I will check imac13,2

What is clover revision? Did you remove FF FFM on your config?

no but i will try again with them removed and i have clover 4178

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3y5hldpEFDYWFV5aXJVaEFjNkE/view?usp=sharinghere is my config 

I am feeling left behind and am reaching out for help.  I have not been able to boot to the installer of DP5 or DP6.  I believe that the video is not loading.  I get through the first stage of boot.  I then hit the boot glitch and, before it goes to the second boot stage, I get a spinning circle in the middle of the screen.  In verbose mode, it loads up to the point that I would see second stage boot (when it switches to graphics) and then it hangs (and appears to be looping.). I have attached a stripped down version of my Clover file which includes my config.plist, DSDT, SSDT and custom kexts.  I would greatly appreciate it if someone could figure out why I cannot boot.  Others have done so with HP laptops so there must be something in my setup.  Thanks.  I've never had a problem that I have been so unable to solve on my own.

CLOVER.zip

I am feeling left behind and am reaching out for help.  I have not been able to boot to the installer of DP5 or DP6.  I believe that the video is not loading.  I get through the first stage of boot.  I then hit the boot glitch and, before it goes to the second boot stage, I get a spinning circle in the middle of the screen.  In verbose mode, it loads up to the point that I would see second stage boot (when it switches to graphics) and then it hangs (and appears to be looping.). I have attached a stripped down version of my Clover file which includes my config.plist, DSDT, SSDT and custom kexts.  I would greatly appreciate it if someone could figure out why I cannot boot.  Others have done so with HP laptops so there must be something in my setup.  Thanks.  I've never had a problem that I have been so unable to solve on my own.

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

you uploaded files included private info(MLB, serial, etc). i recommend to remove it.
your spec is similar spec compared chris's laptop. i think you need chris's help

the number is auto gen it doesnt matter  also i removed FF and FFM it didnt work

still no luck? hmm. try other FF and FFM value

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/page-130?do=findComment&comment=2479322

you uploaded files included private info(MLB, serial, etc). i recommend to remove it.
your spec is similar spec compared chris's laptop. i think you need chris's help

Yes, I uploaded a revised config.plist.  I am, perhaps, too trusting.  Chris has the HP Probook and has not had my problem.  He hasn't yet suggested why I cannot boot.  He just tells me that he can. It is really quite discouraging.

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

Today I install in my Probook with a smbios iMac 13.1 

put your Hiden drive I have put the lapic patch for your laptop

test please

Go option/config

sélect this config

Boot  :)

EDIT ***

Its just for install, after install you can used other config

• Like 1

Hi guys and gals! I need some help!

Ever since the last two public betas of high sierra, the 'nv_disable=1' bootflag fails to force my discrete nvidia card to boot into VESA mode. 

This is problematic because I'm using the iMAC 17,1 SMBIOS profile (I have Skylake), and as we know, this SMBIOS has the infamous 'black screen' issue on vanilla graphics kexts. 

My historical solution to fix the 'black screen' issue has been to:

1) update/install OS

2) nv_disable=1 to force VESA mode

3) run AGDPFIX to patch AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext to remove the 'black screen' issue

4) reboot without nv_disable=1.

However, ever since public beta 4 and now 5, the nv_disable=1 step fails to force VESA mode on my nvidia card.  (Note: Until nVidia releases High Sierra webdrivers for my Pascal Card, I'm using an old Geforce 660 TI which has native drivers built into High Sierra).  Now, what happens is by using nv_disable=1, the window server fails to load, and there's this "loop of death" where the system hangs at gIOScreenLockState. It tries to load the window server, but it fails endlessly.

So the question becomes:

1) is there a way to patch AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext to remove the black screen issue without needing to boot into the GUI and running AGDPFIX?  For example patch the kext from single user mode?

2) another solution to the black screen issue on a 17,1 profile? (e.g., lilu + NvidiaGraphicsFixup) 

My temporary workaround is to have two separate config.plist files; the main 17,1 iMac profile, and another for iMac 14,2 profile which doesn't have the 'black screen' issue.  Using the 14,2 config.plist (for the 14,2 SMBIOS), I can boot into the window server, run AGDPFIX and then reboot into the 17,1 profile.  This is less than ideal...

Any thoughts would be very helpful!

Today I install in my Probook with a smbios iMac 13.1 

put your Hiden drive I have put the lapic patch for your laptop

test please

Go option/config

sélect this config

Boot  :)

EDIT ***

Its just for install, after install you can used other config

It didn't change anything.  With this iMac13,1 SMBIOS, it hung at the exact same place.  Seems like video won't load.

Guest ricoc90

@Sherlocks

Same issue with iMac13,1. Whether I tell the App Store or not, I keep getting the thunderbolt firmware update

Hi guys and gals! I need some help!

Ever since the last two public betas of high sierra, the 'nv_disable=1' bootflag fails to force my discrete nvidia card to boot into VESA mode. 

This is problematic because I'm using the iMAC 17,1 SMBIOS profile (I have Skylake), and as we know, this SMBIOS has the infamous 'black screen' issue on vanilla graphics kexts. 

My historical solution to fix the 'black screen' issue has been to:
1) update/install OS
2) nv_disable=1 to force VESA mode
3) run AGDPFIX to patch AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext to remove the 'black screen' issue
4) reboot without nv_disable=1.

However, ever since public beta 4 and now 5, the nv_disable=1 step fails to force VESA mode on my nvidia card.  (Note: Until nVidia releases High Sierra webdrivers for my Pascal Card, I'm using an old Geforce 660 TI which has native drivers built into High Sierra).  Now, what happens is by using nv_disable=1, the window server fails to load, and there's this "loop of death" where the system hangs at gIOScreenLockState. It tries to load the window server, but it fails endlessly.

So the question becomes:
1) is there a way to patch AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext to remove the black screen issue without needing to boot into the GUI and running AGDPFIX?  For example patch the kext from single user mode?
2) another solution to the black screen issue on a 17,1 profile? (e.g., lilu + NvidiaGraphicsFixup) 

My temporary workaround is to have two separate config.plist files; the main 17,1 iMac profile, and another for iMac 14,2 profile which doesn't have the 'black screen' issue.  Using the 14,2 config.plist (for the 14,2 SMBIOS), I can boot into the window server, run AGDPFIX and then reboot into the 17,1 profile.  This is less than ideal...

Any thoughts would be very helpful!

Try using NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext for black screen instead of ADGPFIX, works great on my Skylake with iMac 17,1.