[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

How to rebuild cache, permission on APFS???

Rebuild 10.13/APFS Cache:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Repair 10.13/APFS Permissions...Download App V3.7.2315 here:

Edited by fantomas1
Posting just to promote another site, product, or service (spamming) is not allowed. This site is not here for you to promote your own or anyone else's material.
  • Like 1

For me this screen stays about an hour and then the setup appear but I don't recommend you to upgrade Sierra, make a new partition and install on it because you're not sure will work...

I made a time machine already, but I have nothing to lose so I want to update directly. So it take 1 hour of your time and you can get pass for this, right? I'm using a Samsung SSD and 3.0 USB, so I don't think the speed is slow like this.

trackpad is empty with rehabman's vodoops2controller.kext. My wifi bcm9352 works thanks darkvoid and my brightness works. My computer is a MSI Laptop broadwell 5700hq.

Depending on your touchpad i use ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext and it works with High Sierra.

I made a time machine already, but I have nothing to lose so I want to update directly. So it take 1 hour of your time and you can get pass for this, right? I'm using a Samsung SSD and 3.0 USB, so I don't think the speed is slow like this.

Tried with ssd and it's the same, I thing drivers for sata is the problem.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Tried with ssd and it's the same, I thing drivers for sata is the problem.

I also tried to install new fresh 10.12.5 and update to HS but i got the same issue, stuck at blue/grey screen :))

I also tried to install new fresh 10.12.5 and update to HS but i got the same issue, stuck at blue/grey screen :))

If you really want to install let it with that screen for one hour but I recommend you to wait for beta 2

If you really want to install let it with that screen for one hour but I recommend you to wait for beta 2

Gosh. I didn't wait that long and restart. Haha, don't know it would take so long there.

Gosh. I didn't wait that long and restart. Haha, don't know it would take so long there.

Don't know man, I think it's a problem with some motherboards, hope will be fixed in next beta.

Guest ricoc90

I installed High Sierra on an empty SSD formatted as APFS. It mounts and boots fine, but when Clover is scanning for entries it shows me

nx_dev_init:705: Warning: superblock indicates jumpstart record but this driver was not loaded from that partition
container_kb_get:544: Invalid on disk range pr_start_paddr 0 pr_block_count 0
keybag_operation:353: missing APFS/Container keybag (2)
apfs_keybag_get:831: Failed to get apfs volume keybag, err = 2
er_state_obj_get_for_recovery:3539: No ER state object - rolling is not happening, nothing to recover
APFSStart:1132: Mounting with apfs_efi_osx-621.0.0.1.32
efi_container_create:795: -efi_container_create, Status = 0000000000000007

and macOS is showing me the exact same thing in verbose mode. Anyone else with this issue or is it normal?

So I'll try to wait for it in 1hour tonight :))

I found another topic with the same issue, he uses a firmwarefeature and get successful but it didn't work for me. Still stuck at grey screen.

AppleALC with desktop Intel HD Graphics 630 (Kaby Lake) HDMI audio support for ig-platform-id 0x59120000. 

Tested on i7-7700 with Asus Maximus VIII Hero connection through HDMI cable. Work.

https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/commit/d2ed5a333c038939a2305aa67caf3168d4e2a193

Here is prebuild binary...

AppleALC_KBL.kext.zip

• Like 5

AppleALC with desktop Intel HD Graphics 630 (Kaby Lake) HDMI audio support for ig-platform-id 0x59120000.

Tested on i7-7700 with Asus Maximus VIII Hero connection through HDMI cable. Work.

https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/commit/d2ed5a333c038939a2305aa67caf3168d4e2a193

attachicon.gifAppleALC_KBL.kext.zip

Hello.

I have a question. Does hd630 have sleep issue after wakeup? Skylake desktop hd530 has sleep issue. I wonder work or not

Thanks in advance

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Hello.

I have a question. Does hd630 have sleep issue after wakeup? Skylake desktop hd530 has sleep issue. I wonder work or not

Thanks in advance

In 10.13 some users on applelife.ru report normal wake from sleep on HD530. My PC in signature also have normal wake first time after reboot, but after second sleep black screen. HD630 have same issue :(

• Like 1

In 10.13 some users on applelife.ru report normal wake from sleep on HD530. My PC in signature also have normal wake first time after reboot, but after second sleep black screen. HD630 have same issue :(.

Still have issue. Bad news .. Thanks

attachicon.gifAppleALC_KBL.kext.zip

Will this work with 10.12.5 or do i need 10.13

Yes! It will work in 10.12.x :)

Cool man thanks a lot will test tonight and report back ...... The only thing that i`m missing is HDMI audio and really need it bc its an HTPC build... Hopefully this will solve my issues 

• Like 1

I installed High Sierra on an empty SSD formatted as APFS. It mounts and boots fine, but when Clover is scanning for entries it shows me

nx_dev_init:705: Warning: superblock indicates jumpstart record but this driver was not loaded from that partition
container_kb_get:544: Invalid on disk range pr_start_paddr 0 pr_block_count 0
keybag_operation:353: missing APFS/Container keybag (2)
apfs_keybag_get:831: Failed to get apfs volume keybag, err = 2
er_state_obj_get_for_recovery:3539: No ER state object - rolling is not happening, nothing to recover
APFSStart:1132: Mounting with apfs_efi_osx-621.0.0.1.32
efi_container_create:795: -efi_container_create, Status = 0000000000000007

and macOS is showing me the exact same thing in verbose mode. Anyone else with this issue or is it normal?

I'm getting pretty much the same thing.  It happens before the Clover menu loads.  Here's what I get:

post-270804-0-05456200-1497551593_thumb.jpg

I was missing the ability to tap to click and, like everyone else, my trackpad prefpane was empty when I went into System Preferences.  I remember having this problem when Sierra first came out and there was a fix for it.  I tried to do the same fix using Sierra and High Sierra and it didn't work.  But I found an old version of RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller.kext that was forked by usr-sse2 (I think it was him.)  However, it has the modern preferences and they open in High Sierra.  It's not perfect.  It appears to add a copy of the Trackpad.pref to User/Library/PreferencePanes in addition to the one in System/Library/PreferencePanes.  I deleted the extra one with no ill-effect.  Also, the settings have to be set even if it looks like they are selected when I first open the prefpane.  I need to unclick and reclick each setting that I want selected.  Lastly, there are keyboard functions that DO NOT work with this version, such as zoom (Ctrl-Scroll Up) or alt-T to open a new tab in Sierra.  If anyone wants the advanced settings for their PS2 trackpad, here's a start:

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

post-270804-0-40627000-1497577305_thumb.png

• Like 2

Yes! It will work in 10.12.x :)

Well I tried using the kext and the ig-platform-id 0x59120000 and i lost graphics acceleration ....... and still no hdmi sound is there something else i may be missing i have a fake id on the cpu and the graphics tho

I was missing the ability to tap to click and, like everyone else, my trackpad prefpane was empty when I went into System Preferences.  I remember having this problem when Sierra first came out and there was a fix for it.  I tried to do the same fix using Sierra and High Sierra and it didn't work.  But I found an old version of RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller.kext that was forked by usr-sse2 (I think it was him.)  However, it has the modern preferences and they open in High Sierra.  It's not perfect.  It appears to add a copy of the Trackpad.pref to User/Library/PreferencePanes in addition to the one in System/Library/PreferencePanes.  I deleted the extra one with no ill-effect.  Also, the settings have to be set even if it looks like they are selected when I first open the prefpane.  I need to unclick and reclick each setting that I want selected.  Lastly, there are keyboard functions that DO NOT work with this version, such as zoom (Ctrl-Scroll Up) or alt-T to open a new tab in Sierra.  If anyone wants the advanced settings for their PS2 trackpad, here's a start:

attachicon.gifVoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

I use SmartTouchpad v4.7 beta 5 from EMlyDinEsH without any issues. Supports Elan, Synaptics and FocalTech