Apple unveils "macOS High Sierra"

37 posts in this topic

ef68c72ed9f30cf75c2a1531a1e37e90.png

Developers are being given a preview version of macOS High Sierra today and a public beta will be available this summer (in June).

The final version will be available to the general public in the fall.

Compatibility list:

• MacBook or iMac: Late 2009 or newer
  • MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, or Mac Pro: 2010 or newer

Click here to view the article

• Like 3

Guest ricoc90

Download link? :) Please?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/?do=findComment&comment=2435715

But you either need to be in the beta program or developer program. Beta program did not work for me,

This did:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2435757

I though "High Sierra" was a joke.   :lol:   :P

Yeah, I also thought High Sierra had to be a joke.... Kinda silly name, to be honest.

Anyway... Did anyone manage to get it yet?

Funny thing, H.S. stands for Off-topic (Hors Sujet) or Out of order (Hors Service) in French :hysterical: !

• Like 4

Ive managed to get so far in the installer but hangs. FakeSMC doesn't load so i tried forcing it in Single User but i get Locked Drive. 

/sbin/mount -uw /

kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

kextcache -system-caches

Same here no DSMOS has arrived message and used the latest FakeSMC that worked for Sierra. Did you choose the option to upgrade the filesystem? I did and wonder if that is what is causing the issue or maybe FakeSMC is just not compatible.

Same here no DSMOS has arrived message and used the latest FakeSMC that worked for Sierra. Did you choose the option to upgrade the filesystem? I did and wonder if that is what is causing the issue or maybe FakeSMC is just not compatible.

I tried both. FakeSMC doesn't load regardless. Its either Clovers Kext Injection which isn't working with Sierra or maybe FakeSMC requires updating. I haven't got much time to test atm.