Differences:

BIOS:

CSM Support = Disabled # missing

Secure Boot = Not Active # missing

Attempt Secure Boot = Disabled #missing

For my fusion drive with m.2 SSD I had to adjust:

Peripherals

SATS And RST Configuration = SSD | Aggr. LPM Support= disabled

Otherwise the fusion drive has been vanished after a reboot.

To get wake after long sleep I have to set:

sudo pmset -C autopoweroff 0

Without this the Hack is going from sleep to shutdown.

Thanx for your great guide!!!

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,543 posts

@idsynk

You're welcome. I'm glad that you found the guide useful and thanks for your input.

Which BIOS are you using on your mainboard?

5T33Z0

5T33Z0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

I have the EU Version as well. Mine runs on F21 currently, but there's a newer one available, Version 22a.

I am not so good with this whole Hackintosh Stuff. Maybe you could help me out?

How do I get both GPUs running? I have a GTX 560 TI which is working fine but I'd also like to get the HD 530 working as well. I used the EFI Files from the NVIDIA Package for getting the system running. Or should I have started with the Intel Package and install the GTX afterwards?

Thank you. Very helpful Guide, btw!

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,543 posts

I have the EU Version as well. Mine runs on F21 currently, but there's a newer one available, Version 22a.

I am not so good with this whole Hackintosh Stuff. Maybe you could help me out?

How do I get both GPUs running? I have a GTX 560 TI which is working fine but I'd also like to get the HD 530 working as well. I used the EFI Files from the NVIDIA Package for getting the system running. Or should I have started with the Intel Package and install the GTX afterwards?

Thank you. Very helpful Guide, btw!

For having both GPUs you can do it either way. what I mean is you can have the iGPU setup first and add the nVidia or the other way around.

All you need to do is to use the IntelHD 530 config.plist that I posted in the first topic and add the necessary flags for the nVidia as explained in the guide.

You need to have these kext to your EFI folder:

Lilu.kext

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

nVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

also add the Inject Intel=True with the ig-platfrom-id for your iGPU which is 0x19120000

5T33Z0

5T33Z0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

For having both GPUs you can do it either way. what I mean is you can have the iGPU setup first and add the nVidia or the other way around.

All you need to do is to use the IntelHD 530 config.plist that I posted in the first topic and add the necessary flags for the nVidia as explained in the guide.

You need to have these kext to your EFI folder:

Lilu.kext

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

nVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

also add the Inject Intel=True with the ig-platfrom-id for your iGPU which is 0x19120000

Thank you very much. I will try that later.

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,543 posts

You're welcome,

Let me know if you needed more help :)

idsynk

idsynk

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Which BIOS are you using on your mainboard?

F21

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,543 posts

F21

Sleep works with darkwake=0 and darkwake=8 both on my system. the reason that I wrote darkwake=8 in the guide was because in the tests that we conducted with @SavageAUS it seemed that darkwake=8 is working on more systems that darkwake=0 so we decided to go with that.

idsynk

idsynk

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Sleep works with darkwake=0 and darkwake=8 both on my system.

I have darkwake=8 in my config.plist but i had to add autopoweroff 0 in pmset for proper sleep.

And until now with no errors or fails.

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,543 posts

I have darkwake=8 in my config.plist but i had to add autopoweroff 0 in pmset for proper sleep.

Well as long as it works it's a great :)

SavageAUS

SavageAUS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

You could try a different darkwake mode. 8 works for me, for you, you may need different as @cyberdevs said we tested for many hours to come up with a "generic" guide and as we both found out what works for one doesn't mean it works for the other.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

unknown1221

unknown1221

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Hi Guys great guide, I have the Gigabyte Z170-UD5-TH version which is very similar to the Gaming 5. Which SSDTs would I be able to use for my board? and which would I have to create? I prefer using individual SSDTs opposed to making a DSDT and constantly updating it every bios revision

Cheers :)

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,543 posts

Hi Guys great guide, I have the Gigabyte Z170-UD5-TH version which is very similar to the Gaming 5. Which SSDTs would I be able to use for my board? and which would I have to create? I prefer using individual SSDTs opposed to making a DSDT and constantly updating it every bios revision

Hi there and thanks :)

You can use Pike's ssdtPRGen.sh to create all the SSDT's for your rig.

SavageAUS

SavageAUS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Hey,

You should not be using any of the SSDT's or DSDT from this guide for your board. As @cyberdevs said, you should use that script to create a SSDT.aml for CPU power management then create any other DSDT and SSDT's.

Donw35

Donw35

Hackintosh Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

This is a great guide, I use many instances of the guide for my own. I am not using and DSDT's or SSDT's for my hack, doing it all form config.plist and its working good.

My system...

IMac 17,1 SMBIOS

GA-Z170X-Gamer 5

Intel i7-6700k

32 Gigs DDR4 2134 Mhz

Samsung 500GB SSD

GeForce GTX 970 - 4095 MB

Samsung 4k 27" Monitor

USB Create Labs SB Omni Surround 5.1 card.

-Fixed Sleep within terminal   sudo pmset -a standby 0

Sleep is working and all the rest of the stuff..

unknown1221

unknown1221

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Hi there and thanks :)

You can use Pike's ssdtPRGen.sh to create all the SSDT's for your rig.

Thanks for your reply, I used the script to create SSDT for processor power management but I meant these? 

-HPET
-SATA
-DTGP
-SLPB
-DMAC
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDAS to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-LAN
-USBX
-PMCR
-EC
-IMEI
-PNLF
-HDMI

I noticed that there's a few included but would like to ask if theres any chance I can get the SSDT files for each? Instead of just having @MaLd0n patch the entire DSDT for me

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,543 posts

This is a great guide, I use many instances of the guide for my own. I am not using and DSDT's or SSDT's for my hack, doing it all form config.plist and its working good.

My system...

IMac 17,1 SMBIOS

GA-Z170X-Gamer 5

Intel i7-6700k

32 Gigs DDR4 2134 Mhz

Samsung 500GB SSD

GeForce GTX 970 - 4095 MB

Samsung 4k 27" Monitor

USB Create Labs SB Omni Surround 5.1 card.

-Fixed Sleep within terminal   sudo pmset -a standby 0

Sleep is working and all the rest of the stuff..

That's great, I have been using clover's ACPI patches for my system in the past when I was using El Capitan and they work just fine. But using a patched DSDT or SSDT's will benefit you to reduce the use on third party kexts and Kext Patches and it will help to activate more/proper use of your hardware resources by the macOS.

Do you have PM and do you have HDMI audio with just clover's ACPI patches? I'm just curious because without a patched DSDT or the SSDTs I had to take some extra steps to activate them.

I ask this because without the patched DSDT or SSDT I had to use HDMIAudio.kext and I had to run Toleda's CloverHDMI Script to have the HDMI audio activated.

Thanks for your reply, I used the script to create SSDT for processor power management but I meant these? 

-HPET
-SATA
-DTGP
-SLPB
-DMAC
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDAS to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-LAN
-USBX
-PMCR
-EC
-IMEI
-PNLF
-HDMI

I noticed that there's a few included but would like to ask if theres any chance I can get the SSDT files for each? Instead of just having @MaLd0n patch the entire DSDT for me

You can press F4 while you are in clover's boot menu to dump all the original DSDT and SSDt tables and once you dumped them you can ask @Maldon to patch them for you.

When he patches the DSDT or SSDTs you will have all these options in the list that you just posted fixed for you ;)

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,543 posts

-HPET
-SATA
-DTGP
-SLPB
-DMAC
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDAS to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-LAN
-USBX
-PMCR
-EC
-IMEI
-PNLF
-HDMI

You can also use this app to create all the SSDTs for your system.

Copy the file iasl to this path: /usr/bin/iasl and run the app for creating the ssdt files.

Attached Files

5T33Z0

5T33Z0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
About USB 3 ports on the Front panel of the Gaming 5 EU Board.

I have a Logitech m570 wireless mouse and its receiver was plugged into the front panel usb2 port. Now, everytime i inserted an usb drive into the USB 3 port on the front as well, the cursor started stuttering until the os was done reading it.

After i swapped the USB 3 connector cable from the socket connector closest to 24 pin connector to the one below it everything worked fine. The connector feels really wobbly too. I wonder why the usb3 connector cables always have to feel so ancient. On my last board I even had to plug the cable in on the outside usb3 port.

Donw35

Donw35

Hackintosh Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Thanks cyberdevs, I do have PM, no need for for HDMI Audio, my 4k monitor doesn't have speakers, USB 3.0 is working at 5gb. 

The only kexts I am using are 

OF COURSE

FakeSMC.kext

NETWORKING

AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

IntelMausiEthernet.kext

GTX970 Black Screen issue

Lilu.kext

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Skylake, GA-Z170X-Gaming 5, 6700K, macOS Sierra, Z170X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy