470 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, JorgeMax said:

Cyberdevs. would you have the TP-link WDN4800 patch on the High Sierra?

Yes I do:

Name:
com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros40

Find:
83F837

Replace:
83F821

Comment:
Atheros Locale Fix

The credit for the patch goes to @Sherlocks and @Badruzeus

Edited by Cyberdevs
  • Like 1

Bios update F22f successful update but only through efiflash.exe. Bios will not flash from qflash or @bios (I don't recommend using @bios anyway).
Bios description.
1. Update CPU Microcode

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

Bios update F22f successful update but only through efiflash.exe. Bios will not flash from qflash or @bios (I don't recommend using @bios anyway).
Bios description.
1. Update CPU Microcode

I updated mine about 3 weeks ago, but it says F22d in the BIOS, I checked gigabyte's website and it's F22f. There is no F22d That's Weird! I used QFlash.

Does it have any effect on the nVidia's lag or it's the same?

I updated mine about 3 weeks ago, but it says F22d in the BIOS, I checked gigabyte's website and it's F22f. There is no F22d That's Weird! I used QFlash.
Does it have any effect on the nVidia's lag or it's the same?
I've rolled back to the 104 drivers but will test newer drivers tomorrow and let you know. Every other bios for this board has flashed fine with qflash except F22f.

• Like 1

On 29/03/2018 at 3:24 AM, Cyberdevs said:
[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention]
Hey buddy,
I was testing the new 10.13.4 beta 7 and I noticed that sound after sleep doesn't work anymore, does it work on your rig?

Updating bios did not help lag situation so back to 104 drivers. I'll check sound after sound once the 10.13.4 update is done and update post.

Update to 10.13.4 went smooth, still using .104 drivers. I have audio after sleep, i have made no adjustments. Just make sure codeccommander is installed in S/L/E or L/E, mine is in L/E and config.plist still has darkwake 8.

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 1

Updating bios did not help lag situation so back to 104 drivers. I'll check sound after sound once the 10.13.4 update is done and update post.
Update to 10.13.4 went smooth, still using .104 drivers. I have audio after sleep, i have made no adjustments. Just make sure codeccommander is installed in S/L/E or L/E, mine is in L/E and config.plist still has darkwake 8.

Did you have to update your USB fix it are you using DSDT to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! 

Want to notice that with new AppleALC.kext there is no more need to use CodecCommander and darkwake= !

Sound after sleep work like it should.

with these kext list(Other) and AptioMemoryFix.efi(Drivers64uefi):

AppleALC.kext
AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

I have all my hardware works on 10.13.4 and no issue with sleep. 

Hi! 

Want to notice that with new AppleALC.kext there is no more need to use CodecCommander and darkwake= !

Sound after sleep work like it should.

with these kext list(Other) and AptioMemoryFix.efi(Drivers64uefi):

AppleALC.kext

AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Lilu.kext

WhateverGreen.kext

I have all my hardware works on 10.13.4 and no issue with sleep. 

I lose sound if I remove CodecCommander.

Edit

Nevermind, updated to .5 beta 2 and I have all normal audio and audio after sleep.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

In step 2, it says

" You can easily replace the whole “Clover” folder inside the “EFI” folder on the EFI partition of your bootable disk (hard disk drive or USB flash drive) with the folder included with this guide"

Where is the folder that's supposed to be included?

6 hours ago, cyclepathology said:

In step 2, it says

" You can easily replace the whole “Clover” folder inside the “EFI” folder on the EFI partition of your bootable disk (hard disk drive or USB flash drive) with the folder included with this guide"

Where is the folder that's supposed to be included?

On the bottom of the first post there are several attachments and first two links are the ones that you are looking for.

9 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

On the bottom of the first post there are several attachments and first two links are the ones that you are looking for. 

The bottom of the first post looks like this:

image.thumb.png.7908d34360211ec5803a8524863bec88.png

and those first two links are not the clover folder.

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Just a quick note: most of these kexts in this zip are outdated and might only work with the initial release of Sierra (10.12.0). Especially NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext does no longer work from 10.12.5(?) on forward for Nvidia Cards. It since then has been replaced by shiki.kext. You need that if you use an Nvidia Card otherwise you get no picture.

If all kets work as supposed depends on what Build of Sierra is actually provided in the App Store download. If it's the latest build (10.12.6), you need to use updated versions of Lilu and Shiki at least to make it work. I might be wrong but that has been my experience so far.

Thanks for you note. Actually I was thinking the same thing about updating the EFI folders for macOS Sierra and High Sierra bu since the upload function is broken in the web site I might need to use a third party site to upload the files to untill the site is fixed.

I’ll keep you all posted.

Cheers  

Here is the latest files for macOS Sierra and High Sierra

Please let me know if you have any problem with these folders.

GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 DSDT and SSDT for AMD - Clover r4459

GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 DSDT and SSDT for nVidia - Clover r4459

GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 DSDT and SSDT for IntelHD 530 - Clover r4459

Edited by Cyberdevs

4 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Here is the latest files for macOS Sierra and High Sierra

Please let me know if you have any problem with these folders.

GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 DSDT and SSDT for AMD - Clover r4459

GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 DSDT and SSDT for nVidia - Clover r4459

GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 DSDT and SSDT for IntelHD 530 - Clover r4559

If using the new APFS file system users will also need the correct file for that. Currently that file  appears to need updating with point releases but does anyone know if the newer ones are backward compatible?

28 minutes ago, f00b4r said:

If using the new APFS file system users will also need the correct file for that. Currently that file  appears to need updating with point releases but does anyone know if the newer ones are backward compatible?

As far as I know the APFS files are backward compatible and they will get improved with each release. Since it isn't included in the official clover installers because they are part of the macOS updates or the full installers it's better to update it in the EFI folder with each major update.

I didn't include the APFS.efi in the EFI folders because of the copyright reasons, so if anyone needs to use it it's better to extract it from the macOS installer itself.

Edited by Cyberdevs
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@SavageAUS

Hey buddy I decided to continue our conversation here.

The old DSDT for Sierra has several ACPI errors on boot in macOS High Sierra so I decided to go DSDT free. Everything has been working OK os so far with the exception of my boot time on the NVME drive. On SSD it loads way faster and I guess the reason might be that the NVME has Trim support enable by default and I think you're right we need to ask @MaLd0n to doo his magic on a new DSDT for the latest BIOS update and new settings.

I made some changes in my rig which won't matter that much because the only major change is that I just added a NVME drive for booting to macOS and I changed the case for better cooling and add some extra fans.

I switched to AMD RX580 and all the headaches from the nVidia web drivers and lags (which I know is resolved now) are gone.