comprehensive AMD Ryzen Sierra step by step how-to guide

fryingpan

10 posts in this topic

I am wondering where a comprehensive guide is on this forum to guide us how to create the necessary bootable AMD Ryzen usb stick to install Mac Sierra ? The problem is that most data is completely scattered around this site and also the necessary links to the kernel and kext packages needed to get a workable usb stick.

I have searched for many days to find the necessary files and I am still not sure I have the right files and also the youtube films are a bit cryptic to me to follow because of the lack of comment. I read a lot of comments about success and failures, but I can not figure out where the holy grail how to guide is generate a bootable usb stick to install on an AMD Ryzen machine.

Can somebody provide me the right links and files necessary to succeed ?

Many thanks.

Sadly no one appears either interested in putting up something clear and concise or is sufficiently skilled to do so. As an aside, I also find it a very frustrating when someone uses a thread title that makes it look like the thread is itself a guide when it is not, you had my hopes up there for a moment. At least if a question is being asked then put a question mark (or two or three) on the end of the title.

• Like 1

hello

AMD Ryzen has been running on macOS since April 2017 with great testing and sharing efforts, always in development, the installation methods are still the same from Yosemite.
Bronya has coded BOOTX64.efi to clover, chameleon boot and several kernels ranging from Mavericks 10.9.5 to Sierra 10.12.6 beta 2, at first glance it looks complicated but with the right tools it's relatively simple.
You can participate in AMD development;)

• Like 1

hello

AMD Ryzen has been running on macOS since April 2017 with great testing and sharing efforts, always in development, the installation methods are still the same from Yosemite.

Bronya has coded BOOTX64.efi to clover, chameleon boot and several kernels ranging from Mavericks 10.9.5 to Sierra 10.12.6 beta 2, at first glance it looks complicated but with the right tools it's relatively simple.

You can participate in AMD development;)

If I can get the right files and where to download them and which ones, then I can maybe help, so please show me the necessary files, kernels and  files and give it a try.

:)

If you have any questions for the procedure, do not hesitate.
All the tools are here, except Paragon and the distro Mavericks  ;)

Well understand one thing, this video relate of a somewhat arranged installation in the absence of functional clover at that time with the cvad BDU tools, I showed him this video :)
It is to reach Sierra by Mavericks, easier once configured, it is quite easy to reach OS X by Windows even with AMD :)

I would have preferred to show a video with purchase license SL 10.6, but no kernel will work under Mavericks for Ryzen.

cordially

I am sorry, but Mavericks is a bit too old now. We are talking about Sierra on Ryzen. Where is the link to the necessary files and kexts and kernels for Sierra ???

I can do it myself, if I can grab those files to modify my Clover USB made fit to boot on AMD Ryzen, but the answers are so Kafka.

hum ....

No bootloader is clearly developed, it is a craft method like any other, TM is not a reference, far from it, Intel cpu is very easy to operate with OS X, full compatibility issues with difference motherboard prevents AMD is only a perpetual challenge as long as Apple does not work around this platform, it's a bit like a STEREOLITH, you have to find the right components, the right phases and you will find the grail .

Tell me why the Bronya AMD Ryzen Kernel supposedly working is not in the download > kernels site ??? This would make it a lot more easy to start with the necessary files.

Supposedly there seems to be a package where everything is inside included the necessary files for AMD Ryzen: I can NOT find in the download category at all.

With Tonymacx86.com every file and utility is easily to be found and I could read comprehensive step by step tutorials how to do it. Sometimes it did work immediately, sometimes I need some tweaking, but everything can be found easily. But why is it SOOO difficult to find the files grouped together. I have installed numerous hacintoshes on several systems, but I need the tools and where can I find them ???

It sounds like: the computer says NOOO !!!

Tonymac doesn't support AMD builds, in fact they will probably remove any mention or posting of them, at least they do mine.

Go to tonymac and look at the Kaby Lake testing thread. It took them some time to get things worked out Ryzen on this site is similar it takes testing and there are less testers for Ryzen then there are for any Intel product. You are welcome to write a guide and post all relevant boot, kernel, and kexts needed. That would allow some testers to continue testing rather than answer and repeat installation advice. It's all there, there is the chameleon method and the clover method.

• Like 1