GTX1060 does not work as main card after switching to IGD once.

Kneize

4 posts in this topic

Hello. After a time I've switched to nvidia card over old HD7750. At that time there was no drivers for Pascal cards, so I used integrated HD4000. At this moment primary card in BIOS was IGD. After install first version of web drivers options was changed to PCI-EX. And it worked well, along known issue with flickering after sleep. In my arch installation I wanted to try passthrough GPU to VM, so I switched to integrated card in BIOS, after not being successful with VM in arch, I've switched back to PCIEX and macOS start boot process and reboot back. Strange part that if I switch to IGD, and GTX still plugged in - macOS boots fine and monitor switched to that input works well(I have monitor with three inputs)
What I have done so far:
- rebuild kernel/kext cache
- updated web driver
- updated Clover 3423 -> 4077

All that above does not affect on boot process in this configuration. My HW config is:
AsRock Q77 vPro
i7 3770

MSI GTX 1060

macOS is installed on separate SSD, GRUB configured to manage boot entries. In clover my only edit was about sound - changed output 1 -> 2.
EFI folder is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/ihjfk2e5sl14kih/EFI_4700_working.zip?dl=0
IOReg is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2p1gugcz4jigg5/mac-1.200.ioreg?dl=0 
for some reason files are bigger than I able to attach this post.

Thanks in advance.

Try to take out the 1060 boot to bios make the changes reboot and se if it works ok with onboard graphics again. Then install webdrivers shut down put in the 1060 and boot up shut down boot to bios make the changes boot up and se if it helps.

Try to take out the 1060 boot to bios make the changes reboot and se if it works ok with onboard graphics again. Then install webdrivers shut down put in the 1060 and boot up shut down boot to bios make the changes boot up and se if it helps.

Hello, Nubira.

Just to clarify steps:

- remove WebDriver

- take out GTX

- change to PCIEX in BIOS

- boot up

- install WebDriver

- shut down and install GTX

- boot up

am I right?

So I did it.
Don't know why, but after I have injected platform id macOS boots fine with PCIEX as primary GPU. 
1. Mount EFI partition
2. Open config.plist with anything you like
3. In Graphics section find or create ig-platform-id

4. set value to 0x19120000

Pros:
- I'm able to use GTX 1060 as primary device
Cons:
- Intel IGPU works badly, I'm able to boot up, but resolution is set to 1024x768