Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI, i7-6700k, GTX 970, 10.12.5

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys, thanks for the great forum. I'm a bit new at this but trying to learn. System specs in title.

I have Sierra installed with Clover, using the Clover folder from this thread (figured it was close enough to my mobo). http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/323912-guide-macos-sierra-1012x-on-ga-z170m-d3h-dsdt/

I've installed the Nvidia Web driver, but can't get it to work. I have 3 displays, 1 DP, 2 DVI. DP works fine without Nvidia Web driver, but when I enable it and reboot, all screens except 1 DVI go to power save, and the 1 DVI is just black.

I've already tried editing  /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/info.plist

and changing all "Config1", "Config2" to "none". This did not help. Unsure what to do next.

I also have no sound, but haven't looked at that yet. 

Attached are ioreg output, runme output, and Clover tables.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

runme.zip

ioreg.zip

origin.zip

• Like 1

OK, uninstalled web driver, rebooted. Ran script, installed web driver, rebooted. No change.

But! Power off, disconnect 2 DVI monitors, power on. Works!!! Graphics card and DP display detected properly, able to login. Then, reconnect both DVI monitors... they are detected and working! However, not sure how to make DP monitor primary, right now it defaults to left DVI monitor as primary. Figured it out, DP monitor is the primary display now.

However, next reboot, back to black screen and other two monitors in power save. Does not seem to detect displays correctly when they are all connected on boot up. Any way to fix this?

• Like 1