GA-Z270X-UD5, i7 7700k, GTX 1080 ti - No Clean Install

Brik583

12 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

I post here today with a problem that I cannot seem to get around. I've been an occasional "Hacintosher" for a few years but this time I think it's out of my hands.

This is my build :

GA-Z270X-UD5

i7 7700k 4,2Ghz

GTX 1080 ti

I followed all the steps in different guides here and there. I first had to install Sierra without the GTX inside otherwise I didn't get any display.

I then installed the drivers, put the card in and it was working. Everything is working : Audio, Ethernet etc... but I only get 640p with the GPU on my 4K display with DP, with HMDI it doesn't even work. So right now it's on a TV...

Then I have two other problems.

First, I cannot get a "clean" install of Sierra, every time I boot I need to keep the USB stick with the installer and first boot from it.

Second, before I put the GTX, I wanted for the Integrated Graphics to work, because actually, I would like to keep the GTX only for rendering. But now that it's inside, neither my display nor my TV can get a signal from the MOBO while connected in HDMI or DP.

Attached is my clover folder, if any of you guys have solutions for my problems it would be extremely appreciated !

Thank you.

CLOVER.zip

Hi,

have you read through this post? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321872-guide-sierra-on-mobos-serie-200-kabylake-dsdt/?hl=kaby lake Compare your config.plist with the one provided there.

I looks like you don't have all of the patches for your Intel HD630 in your config.plist. Is that on purpose?

Regarding booting only with USB stick: It sounds like you haven't installed Clover on your hard drive (EFI partition). Do that, copy all the Clover files over and you should be able to boot from your hard drive.

EDIT: :thumbsdown_anim: Brik583's post here is a double post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321872-guide-sierra-on-mobos-serie-200-kabylake-dsdt/?p=2428809

Hi,

Thank you for answering. Yes I read all 25 pages and more actually !

Concerning the patches, I couldn't install HD5XX before spoofing in the config.plist, so I don't know if it worked...

I took the Clover folder pre and post installation to install Sierra, but afterwards even when I copy the files from the USB stick to the EFI partition (I already had installed EFI partition) I still cannot boot straight from the SSD, I still need the key inserted and boot from it to access Sierra on my SSD.

I will restart from the beginning, see what went wrong...

Sorry for the double post, will delete the other one immediately.

Thank you very much.

Hello everybody,

I post here today with a problem that I cannot seem to get around. I've been an occasional "Hacintosher" for a few years but this time I think it's out of my hands.

This is my build :

GA-Z270X-UD5

i7 7700k 4,2Ghz

GTX 1080 ti

I followed all the steps in different guides here and there. I first had to install Sierra without the GTX inside otherwise I didn't get any display.

I then installed the drivers, put the card in and it was working. Everything is working : Audio, Ethernet etc... but I only get 640p with the GPU on my 4K display with DP, with HMDI it doesn't even work. So right now it's on a TV...

Then I have two other problems.

First, I cannot get a "clean" install of Sierra, every time I boot I need to keep the USB stick with the installer and first boot from it.

Second, before I put the GTX, I wanted for the Integrated Graphics to work, because actually, I would like to keep the GTX only for rendering. But now that it's inside, neither my display nor my TV can get a signal from the MOBO while connected in HDMI or DP.

Attached is my clover folder, if any of you guys have solutions for my problems it would be extremely appreciated !

Thank you.

Graphic Switching won't work on a Hackintosh, so forget about the iGFX, just use the 1080ti as primary.

In order to make your SSD bootable you can either install clover directly to your SSD hard drive or you can use clover configurator to mount the EFI partition on your SSD hard disk and the flash drive and copy the EFI folder from the flash drive inside the EFI partition of your SSD.

I have the z270x gaming 5 and a gtx 1080 planning to use my computer the same way. So far I do get signal both from the onboard graphics and the 1080 so that works on a hackintsh too. I had it set up like that on my old Quo AOS mobo too and it worked. The problem with my new build here is the resolution which is way to low with the onboard graphics, this was not the case with the aos mobo though.

I just read a thread over on blackmagic design forums that with davinci resolve 14 you gain nothing by using two graphicscards one for computing and another for the gui. With the new version of the program and a card like the 1080 you wont need it its enough with the 1080 alone.

I just read a thread over on blackmagic design forums that with davinci resolve 14 you gain nothing by using two graphicscards one for computing and another for the gui. With the new version of the program and a card like the 1080 you wont need it its enough with the 1080 alone.

As far as I know graphic switching doesn't work on a hackintosh. So you can disable the IGFX and just use the 1080.

• Like 1

Like I said above here it worked on my quo mobo, so far I only tried it with the onboard graphics and if I remember right a 960 4 gig card. Normally you do not need two but with earlier versions of davinci resolve they recommend one for the gui and your best card reserved for resolve for computing. That all changed with the new version though which is a pretty big step away from what they recommended before.

Video editing is not gaming so there is a pretty big difference, I only got the ga asorus gaming 5 mobo cause they had it in my local store.

Like I said above here it worked on my quo mobo, so far I only tried it with the onboard graphics and if I remember right a 960 4 gig card. Normally you do not need two but with earlier versions of davinci resolve they recommend one for the gui and your best card reserved for resolve for computing. That all changed with the new version though which is a pretty big step away from what they recommended before.

Video editing is not gaming so there is a pretty big difference, I only got the ga asorus gaming 5 mobo cause they had it in my local store.

Well my friend I'm quite aware of the differences between video editing and gaming, Thanks for pointing that out anyway!

For video editing the number of cores and threads of the processor is more important than the cores in the GPU.

Kabylake processors are not fully supported by macOS at least not yet, so you have to use fakeID for the processor and GPU. unless you are rendering 3D animations which having a decent GPU is beneficiary.

You can post your EFI folder and IOreg info for further examinations. and I'l so I'm interested to see the EFI folder and config.plist of your previous rig which was supporting graphic switching. That's interesting to see how you managed to get it to work, so I'll be appreciated if you post those information as well if you don't mind.

You can also see post #2 by VirusX and see the first link you might find useful information.

post-1011040-0-46549000-1495880847_thumb.png

Looks like you do not know that that is not the case with davinci resolve and I belive it never was ive been using it since version 11. I had it running on a asus mobo with a 6 core xeon cpu and a 4 gig card (I belive it was a series 7... card and it could hardly play back standard 1080 raw files.

Just check out the quo aos motherboard thread here. I also know because I had my gui display hooked up to the motherboard onboard graphics hdmi output and nothing to the graphics card and the graphics card was seen by davinci resolve. I also use an intensity pro or a ultrastudio minimonitor hooked up to a samsung tv for monitor for resolve. but like I also wrote it seems blackmagic design rewrote davince resolve 14 so youre good with just one graphics card if you do not have a motherboard with two or more pcie 16 lane slots.

That motherboard seems to have broke I do have two but the other one s for music recording live web streaming when I make music and not set up like the one I used for video. Now I use a ga arous z270 gaming 5.

No I don't know the Davinci resolve, I don't edit videos, none what so ever.

But I think I'm lost, do you have a problem with your setup? If I'm not mistaking you wrote that the resolution on the Intel Graphics were low. So you were looking for a way to fix it, Right?

Humor me for a second,

When you can have the power of the 1080 and when not even davinci resolve supports two GPUs anymore as you stated earlier in your post, so why bother to use the iGPU instead of the 1080?

Is it just that you want to use the older version of davinci that supports both GPUs or is just to find a way to fix dual GPU problem?