NightShiftUnlocker - Dynamically unlock Night Shift for all Macs

Austere.J

36 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed this and Lilu.kext to /Library/Extensions/ using KCPM Utility Pro, rebooted, and they are visible in kextstat. However the Night Shift tab doesn't appear in System Preferences, even though the toggle is visible in Notification Manager.

e5am8ER.png

• 3 weeks later...

I've installed this and Lilu.kext to /Library/Extensions/ using KCPM Utility Pro, rebooted, and they are visible in kextstat. However the Night Shift tab doesn't appear in System Preferences, even though the toggle is visible in Notification Manager.

e5am8ER.png

^ same here

Hi! Version 2.1 should fix your issue. Thanks for your support. :)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello!

With NightShiftUnlocker.kext in case of the High Sierra updating falls in a panic.

And the system with it normally boots

Can confirm this behavior: with NightShiftUnlocker I got kernel panic when booting the High Sierra installer, but it can boot normally to the OS. I'm trying to update from High Sierra GM to the official release and I had to remove the kext from Clover/Kexts/Other.

Is there a boot flag we can use?? or something to prevent from loading on the installer?

Cheers!

Can confirm this behavior: with NightShiftUnlocker I got kernel panic when booting the High Sierra installer, but it can boot normally to the OS. I'm trying to update from High Sierra GM to the official release and I had to remove the kext from Clover/Kexts/Other.

Is there a boot flag we can use?? or something to prevent from loading on the installer?

Cheers!

Hi,

I just upgraded to macOS High Sierra. I will update the code to prevent it from loading during the installation soon.

Thanks for your reply and support.

Cheers,

FireWolf

• Like 1

No, thenthank you for such an amazing kext.

I now realize that I can force lilu off and thus all the plugins on the installer via a boot arg. Then use lilu normally on a working system.

It would be amazing when you update the app and does this normally.

I was used to do the hex edit con Corebrightness.framework everytime a new Public Beta came up. This kext makes this process a LOT mot easier.

I don't know how to thank you enough.

Cheers!

EDIT: I meant thank you.

Works fine here too  :D

post-1502423-0-23644800-1506478749_thumb.png

As of the KP issue on install: this also happens when booting the recovery partition. NightShiftUnlocker can be disabled with bootarg -nsuoff, so as a workaround I've created custom osxinstall boot entries with -nsuoff as an additional arg

Works fine here too  :D

attachicon.gifSchermafbeelding 2017-09-27 om 04.25.57.png

As of the KP issue on install: this also happens when booting the recovery partition. NightShiftUnlocker can be disabled with bootarg -nsuoff, so as a workaround I've created custom osxinstall boot entries with -nsuoff as an additional arg

That's the arg I was trying to find!

I did remove the kext, upgraded to HS and reinstalled the kext. I could have used -liluoff, too because the other plugin I use is AppleALC and wasn't needed to use the installer/recovery. But now I now.

However, it would be fine if the plugin prevents itself from loading on recovery/installers automagically.

Cheers!

@AustereJ,

All OK here on my desktop (GA-P55aUD3/Intel i5-750/ATI HD 5770), running High Sierra 10.13.1Beta (17B35a).  Using iMac11,3 SMBIOS and with Lilu v1.2.0 & NightShiftUnlocker v2.2 loaded....

post-846696-0-12554000-1507966235_thumb.png

Now, no problems, even if you inject Lilu v1.2.0+NSU v2.2 from Clover /Kexts/10.13 folder when booting into Recovery or Installer.  My boot.log...

61:045  0:000  Loading boot.efi  status=Success
61:398  0:353   Booter DevicePath: PcieRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x5,0x0,0x0)/HD(4,GPT,CE5631EB-9997-40A5-9297-F83D648D2C91,0xCED12F8,0x135F20)/\com.apple.recovery.boot\boot.efi
61:398  0:000   Booter LoaderPath: \com.apple.recovery.boot\boot.efi
61:398  0:000  GetOSVersion: 'OSVersion1: 10.13' 'Installer: no' 'OSVersion2: 10.13' 10.13 (17A405)
FSInjectionInstall ...
- Our FSI_SIMPLE_FILE_SYSTEM_PROTOCOL installed on handle: DCD91A18
61:417  0:000  Use origin smbios table type 1 guid.
61:418  0:000  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
61:418  0:000  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\RealtekRTL8111.kext
61:487  0:069  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext
61:537  0:050    |-- PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\IntelCPUMonitor.kext
61:566  0:028    |-- PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\HWInfo.kext
61:566  0:000  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13
61:566  0:000  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\NightShiftUnlocker.kext
61:609  0:042  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\Lilu.kext

Thanks for your efforts  :).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...