Help - Progress Bar not progress

48 posts in this topic

I thought you said you had to buy a new drive off ebay

Yes, the El Capitan installer Hackintosh flash drive still works, as far as I know.

Ok, I got on the desktop by choosing HTC. Not sure why but I'm there. What must I do now? I'd like to upgrade to Sierra and maybe update the BIOS. Something went wrong and I'm not sure what.

Have you updated the BIOS to F22? If you didn't do so.

Plug in the flash drive and go to BIOS and on each page in BIOS press f12 that will save a snapshot of the BIOS page inside the EFI partition of the flash drive, mount the EFI partition in macOS and compress the pictures you saved and post them here to see what's wrong.

or

Make sure the following settings are as follows:

In Peripherals, Trusted computing, Security Device Support = Disable

In Peripherals, Super IO Configuration, Serial IO = Disable

In Peripherals, USB Configuration, XHCI Hand-off = Enabled

in Chipset, VT-d = Disabled

In Chipset, Internal Graphics = Enabled

In Chipset, IOAPIC 24-119 Entries = Disable

In Chipset, DVMT Pre-Allocated = set it to maximum value available inside the 

In Chipset, DVMT Total Gfx Mem = set it to maximum value available inside the 

• Like 1

Plug in the flash drive and go to BIOS and on each page in BIOS press f12 that will save a snapshot of the BIOS page inside the EFI partition of the flash drive, mount the EFI partition in macOS and compress the pictures you saved and post them here to see what's wrong.

I'm on my way to Staples now.  Going to get a 16GM USB 2.0 Flash Drive.

Have you updated the BIOS to F22? If you didn't do so.

I'm on my way to Staples now to get a 16GM USB 2.0 Flash Drive.  I'll start the #5 to #22 today.

Make sure the following settings are as follows:

In Peripherals, Trusted computing, Security Device Support = Disable

In Peripherals, Super IO Configuration, Serial IO = Disable

In Peripherals, USB Configuration, XHCI Hand-off = Enabled

in Chipset, VT-d = Disabled

In Chipset, Internal Graphics = Enabled

In Chipset, IOAPIC 24-119 Entries = Disable

In Chipset, DVMT Pre-Allocated = set it to maximum value available inside the 

In Chipset, DVMT Total Gfx Mem = set it to maximum value available inside the 

1/2 of that looks unfamiliar but I'll check and F12 it once I get back inside the BIOS.

• Like 1

Ok, before you update the BIOS you can send me the picture of your current BIOS settings so I can see if there is any misconfigurations and if it didn't work then you update the BIOS

and if you are going to buy a new flash drive, get a USB 3.0 instead of a USB 2.0 ;)

Ok, before you update the BIOS you can send me the picture of your current BIOS settings so I can see if there is any misconfigurations and if it didn't work then you update the BIOS

and if you are going to buy a new flash drive, get a USB 3.0 instead of a USB 2.0 ;)

Ok, I will get a 3.0 and not do anything until you've had a chance to review the current BIOS settings. I do want the updated BIOS because I'm always getting multiple boot entries.

or if you have a MSDOS-FAT formatted flash if it's connected.

I don't know what the above quote means but I got a 3.0 USB flash thumb drive that is already formatted MS-DOS (Fat).  Do I restart the computer and F12 in the BIOS to show the correct settings before proceeding?  I believe the BIOS needs Fat to F12 to the thumb drive.  This Hackintosh has been running continuously for 2 nights for fear it will not get to the Profile Select screen.  I'm going to bed now and will keep the machine running until I'm ready to proceed.  

I don't know what the above quote means but I got a 3.0 USB flash thumb drive that is already formatted MS-DOS (Fat).  Do I restart the computer and F12 in the BIOS to show the correct settings before proceeding?  I believe the BIOS needs Fat to F12 to the thumb drive.  This Hackintosh has been running continuously for 2 nights for fear it will not get to the Profile Select screen.  I'm going to bed now and will keep the machine running until I'm ready to proceed.  

No, what I meant is that you can enter the BIOS pressing "Delete" key on the keyboard, when the computer is turned on before it starts to load the operating system, when you see the manufacturer's logo in your case Gigabyte, press "Delete' key few times on the keyboard and the system will enter the BIOS, once you entered the BIOS by pressing the F12 key on the keyboard it will save a picture of that page inside a FAT32 formatted drive, whether it's a USB flash drive or the EFI partition of an internal hard disk which is formatted as FAT32 by default.

Pressing the F12 key while system is booting will open the Boot menu in which you can also find "Enter BIOS" in the bottom of the list.

In Chipset, DVMT Pre-Allocated = set it to maximum value available inside the [/size][/font][/color]

In Chipset, DVMT Total Gfx Mem = set it to maximum value available inside the

Not found. Others hopefully saved to USB flash drive.

post them so I can see

It looks like the .BMP are not dragging and dropping to this window.

I'm using Safari.  Let me try Chrome.

Edit.  Ok.  I'll try converting or compressing.

Do you see anything?  

They're not moving from my desktop to the browser.  I've never seen anything like it before.  They are saved as JPEG-2000 and the Archive.zip.....

I don't know how to get it to you.

Ok.  Have at it.  I'm going to sleep.  

Archive.zip

post-1813614-0-89176100-1495540007_thumb.png

post-1813614-0-25542200-1495540018_thumb.png

post-1813614-0-70395600-1495540030_thumb.png

you need to attach them to the post. From the bottom of the text box you type your messages there is a button called "More Reply Options" click it and you'll see the full editor, click "Choose File" button and select the file/files you want to attach and the click "Attach This File" if you want to attach more that one file you'll need to attach the files one by one.

After clicking the "Attach This File" you'll see the file being shown as attached. Once you attached all the files click "Add reply"

• Like 1

Everything here seems normal the only thing you need to check is under "Chipset" see if IOAPIC24-119 Entries is available and is set to disabled.

On your iMac plug in a USB derive and format it with Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) and with GUID partition scheme.

Type “diskutil list” and press return/enter

You’ll see the list of all the hard drives connected to your computer. find the external,physical

Type “diskutil mount /dev/diskXsX” and press return, first X is the number of the USB HDD and the second X is the number of the partition

e.g.

/dev/disk6 (external, physical):

#:                       TYPE NAME                             SIZE                             IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *62.1 GB                             disk6

1:                        EFI EFI                                 209.7 MB                            disk6s1

2:                  Apple_HFS 10.12.5                    61.2 GB                              disk6s2

3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD           650.0 MB                           disk6s3

Now you can see the EFI partition is mounted no the desktop, if you can’t see the partition on the desktop you can find it in finder window’s “Sidebar” under “Devices”

Once you mounted the EFI partition of the flash drive copy the “EFI” folder inside the “EFI” partition and eject the drive and plug it to your hackintosh.

Upon boot press F12 key on the keyboard and you’ll be ask to choose the device you want to boot from.

OR

Just install clover on the USB drive with your iMac which it will mount the EFI folder in the process and the replace the EFI folder with the one MaLd0n posted earlier.

• Like 1

Everything here seems normal the only thing you need to check is under "Chipset" see if IOAPIC24-119 Entries is available and is set to disabled.

On your iMac plug in a USB derive and format it with Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) and with GUID partition scheme.

You’ll see the list of all the hard drives connected to your computer. find the external,physical

Type “diskutil mount /dev/diskXsX” and press return, first X is the number of the USB HDD and the second X is the number of the partition

e.g.

#:                       TYPE NAME                             SIZE                             IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *62.1 GB                             disk6

1:                        EFI EFI                                 209.7 MB                            disk6s1

2:                  Apple_HFS 10.12.5                    61.2 GB                              disk6s2

3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD           650.0 MB                           disk6s3

Now you can see the EFI partition is mounted no the desktop, if you can’t see the partition on the desktop you can find it in finder window’s “Sidebar” under “Devices”

Once you mounted the EFI partition of the flash drive copy the “EFI” folder inside the “EFI” partition and eject the drive and plug it to your hackintosh.

Upon boot press F12 key on the keyboard and you’ll be ask to choose the device you want to boot from.

OR

Just install clover on the USB drive with your iMac which it will mount the EFI folder in the process and the replace the EFI folder with the one MaLd0n posted earlier.

It's disabled.

e.g.

OR

Do I have to use the 2006 iMac when the Hackintosh is booting to the desktop now?  I now have 112 BIOS Boot Entries.  I think all I need is Sierra and f22 UEFI.

So you can boot to your hackintosh without any errors?

If so you don't need to use the iMac if your hackintosh can boot into desktop. If you have IOAPIC24-119 entries in the BIOS it's not necessary to update the BIOS but it could be better. It's up to you.

• Like 1