Help - Progress Bar not progress

Best Answer cyberdevs, 25 May 2017 - 06:58 AM

So you can boot to your hackintosh without any errors?

If so you don't need to use the iMac if your hackintosh can boot into desktop. If you have IOAPIC24-119 entries in the BIOS it's not necessary to update the BIOS but it could be better. It's up to you.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Mikentosh2016

Mikentosh2016

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Apple, VR, AR, Efficiency, Future Technology, Astronomy, Scientific Discoveries, Eternity.
1st I was unable to get into BIOS/UEFI. Now my Hackintosh stalls at the Apple logo, progress bar and black background. I've worked the BIOS, loaded previous profiles and now am clearing the CMOS. If there is no change after the CMOS I will not know which direction to take. I have a picture of the results of a -v. I will post it once I figure out how.Attached File  IMG_2137.JPG   166.26KB   2 downloads

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,543 posts

1st I was unable to get into BIOS/UEFI. Now my Hackintosh stalls at the Apple logo, progress bar and black background. I've worked the BIOS, loaded previous profiles and now am clearing the CMOS. If there is no change after the CMOS I will not know which direction to take. I have a picture of the results of a -v. I will post it once I figure out how.attachicon.gifIMG_2137.JPG

Post your EFI folder.

What are your hardware specs?

Mikentosh2016

Mikentosh2016

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Apple, VR, AR, Efficiency, Future Technology, Astronomy, Scientific Discoveries, Eternity.
I can't post my EFI folder because I can't get to the desktop. My specs at Intel i7, El Capitan. 64Gb RAM, SSD and Nvidia 970.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 16,188 posts
  • Interests:HacksLikeMacs

post ur full specs ;)

e.g.

i7 3770k

mobo

Ga b75-ds3

etc

Mikentosh2016

Mikentosh2016

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Core i7-6700K
GA-Z170X-UD5
Samsung SM951 M.2 128GB
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 16,188 posts

Attached File  CLOVER.zip   2.88MB   3 downloads

Mikentosh2016

Mikentosh2016

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
How do I open the clover.zip if I cannot get to the desktop? It stalls at the Apple logo.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 16,188 posts

How did you create your installer?

Mikentosh2016

Mikentosh2016

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
I don't remember how I created the installer but it ran fine until today. Could it be that Clover for Sierra doesn't work with El Capitan?

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 16,188 posts

change nvme patches ;)

Mikentosh2016

Mikentosh2016

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
I don't have NVME.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 16,188 posts

Attached File  CLOVER.zip   2.89MB   4 downloads

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,543 posts

Can you boot using -v flag? all you need to do is to choose clover boot options and edit the flag manually, take a snap shot and post it here.

Mikentosh2016

Mikentosh2016

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
"-v flag"

Isn't that what I did at the top of this page?

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,543 posts

"-v flag"

Isn't that what I did at the top of this page?

Oh, yeah, That's exactly what you did, My bad!

Question:

Is it the first time you try to install macOS on your rig? or did you have macOS installed before?

Mikentosh2016

Mikentosh2016

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Oh, yeah, That's exactly what you did, My bad!

Question:

Is it the first time you try to install macOS on your rig? or did you have macOS installed before?

No. I've been running my Hackintosh for almost 1 year. I've tried all sorts of settings in the UEFI to no avail. There was a time a while ago when I couldn't even get into the UEFI.

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,543 posts

Have you tried the folder MaLd0n posted?

and which BIOS version you are running right now?

Mikentosh2016

Mikentosh2016

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Have you tried the folder MaLd0n posted?

and which BIOS version you are running right now?

I don't know how to access folders or do NVME patches if I can't even get to the Profile Select screen.

I use BIOS #5.
What do you see in my -v?

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,543 posts

F22 BIOS is out for your mainboard and I suggest you update your BIOS.

F5 BIOS doesn't have the feature for disabling the "IOAPCIEntries 24-119 Entries" which is necessary to run macOS, unless you edit the BIOS manually. There is another essential update which affected many Gigabyte mainboards and that's adding UEFI entries each time the computer reboots which is resolved and maybe that's why you couldn't get to UEFI BIOS settings.

So first of all Update the BIOS, then go to BIOS and "Load Optimized Defaults" then take a look here:

BIOS Settings:

In BIOS from M.I.T. choose Advanced Memory Settings

I. From Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.) I Choose [Profile1] it's crucial to choose this option if you want your memory modules work with their full frequency.

II. Enter the correct System Memory Multiplier which in my case based on my 2666MHz DDR4 it must be 26.6.

III. Select [Enhanced Performance] from Memory Enhancement Settings. You can choose any of the options I chose Enhanced Performance.

IV. From BIOS Features Fast Boot is disabled, Windows 8/10 Features is set to Windows 8/10 WHQL, LAN PXE Boot Option is disabled, CMS Support is Enabled, Storage Boot Option Control is UEFI Only, Other PCI Device RPM Priority is UEFI Only and Network Stack is Disabled and Secure Boot State is Disabled.

V. From Peripherals: VT-d is disabled, Internal Graphics is set to Auto, Audio Controller is Enabled, Audio DSP is Disabled, PCH LAN Controller,SATA Configuration is set to AHCI, Wake on LAN and High Precision Timer are Enabled. I didn’t patch my BIOS because of a great job that Pike R Alpha did with a kext based patch for Skylake processors and to patch the AppleACPI.kext.

Under ​Super IO Configuration Serial Port must be disabled as well.

UPDATE: I recently updated my BIOS to f5h and IOAPCIEntries 24-119 Entries is there so if you are using that version of the BIOS or anything prior to original f4 you don't need to use the ACPI patch.

VI. Save your new settings and reboot.

for more info see: http://www.insanelym...ng-5/?p=2187772

Do you have access to any working Apple computer or another working Hackintosh?

Mikentosh2016

Mikentosh2016

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Do you have access to any working Apple computer or another working Hackintosh?

I have a 2006 iMac but no other Hackintosh.

So first of all Update the BIOS,

Can I do that without the desktop? Using my 2006 iMac and a USB flash drive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy