Did security update and now can't even boot to Clover!

alayne

4 posts in this topic

After all this recent hacking business, I finally performed a security update in El Capitan that had been sitting there for quite a while. (Im on 10.10.6)

I have a cloned disk of my hdd and a bootable USB with Clover prepared in case anything went wrong.

For some reason, after I did the update I now can't boot to Clover on any of them! All that happens when I select the UEFI from the boot menu is it goes directly to the Apple logo and tries to startup normally. It then crashes. 

Why won't it boot to Clover on my USB?? This is deeply troubling as it has the potential to lock me out of the system altogether!

Any advice/tips welcomed. I don't even know what to try.

Thanks in advance!

you might have to mount your hdd efi somehow and rename the efi on your hdd folder so that the clover usb wont find it. and it will load what you have on the usb drive instead.

clover has a tendency to boot off the usb efi initially then transfer to the hdd's efi folder before the clover gui loads  so you might get the issue you are having if your hdd efi is corrupted for some reason.

some have told me that "no clover does not do that" but thats what i myself have experienced in the past.