xJPN

41 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am attempting my first Hackintosh build on OS X Sierra (10.12.4). While doing so I seemed to have ran into a brick wall. I cant even get the initial setup going to install OS X. It gives a kernel panic every single time. I've tried everything I could think to do to try and fix this, problem is there wasn't really much I could think of besides to format and re-create the Install USB. Below, I will walk you through my hardware and the steps I've taken to reach said kernel panic. This post may be lengthy so, thanks to all that take the time to read it all and offer advice.

Advisory: I use the Clover bootloader and Clover Configurator in the steps below. These are a must for me! (Sorry [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] fans)

Hardware:

Mobo: Asus Z170-Deluxe

CPU: i7 6700K

RAM: 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Founder's Edition (Not yet purchased, so not a factor as of now)

PSU: Corsair RM750

SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB (yet to be formatted, used in a fully working previous El Capitan Hackintosh build)

Install USB: PNY 8GB USB 2.0 thumb drive

Current Mac: MacBook Pro 17", Early 2011

10zafyt.png

Process:

Step 1 - Download OS X Sierra from AppStore

Note: As you can see from my System Info above, I have an SSD as a startup disk. This SSD is not very large in storage capacity so I use external thunderbolt hard drives to save all of my data. When I downloaded OS X Sierra, it was stored on said external drive.

Step 2 - Format USB

1 Partition

Named "Installer"

OS Extended (Journaled)

GUID Partition Table

Step 3 - Create Sierra USB Install Drive

I was able to easily and successfully complete this step by using Terminal. Since my "Install macOS Sierra.app" wasn't in the default location, I simply had to point to it in the Terminal command.

Step 4 - Install Clover Bootloader

I used the following customization options when installing Clover Bootloader to my USB:

2la3cjr.png

Step 5 - Download kexts and other essential files

FakeSMC.kext

AppleIntelE1000e.kext

VoodooHDA.pkg

Clover Configurator.app

Nvidia Web Driver

Nvidia Cuda Driver

Note: Put all these in a folder in the root of the install USB for post-install.

Step 6 - Clover Configurator

I used the following flags and other options in my Clover config.plist (Most things were left as default, not sure if this is the problem)

Acpi (first page of fixes)

a5cp6h.png

Acpi (second page of fixes)

2m4ccx2.png

Boot

6dtibq.png

Cpu

wivfnn.png

Devices

j7yrzd.png

Disable Drivers

2mdi32e.png

Gui

2nhhhsz.png

Graphics

287dhyq.png

Kernel and Kext Patches

10qxqwk.png

Rt Variables

x3gton.png

SMBIOS

zlqk2u.png

System Parameters

feox81.png

Step 7 - BIOS Settings

I used the BIOS settings in wildwillow's build guide
as reference, since he seemed to have the most similar hardware to me that I could find.

Ai Tweaker > DRAM Frequency > Set to your choice of frequency depending on the memory.

Advanced > System Agent (SA) Configuration > VT-d Disabled

Advanced > (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration > Primary Display > PEG

Advanced > (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration > IGPU Multi-Monitor > Disabled

Advanced > USB Configuration > XHCI Handoff > Enabled

Boot > CSM (Compatibility Support Module) Launch CSM > Enabled

Boot > CSM > Boot Device Control > UEFI and Legacy OPROM

Boot > CSM > Boot from PCI-E/PCI Expansion Devices > UEFI driver first

Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS

Secure Boot > Delete all keys under Key Management (4 in total)

Boot option #1 > UEFI macOS installation USB

Press F10 and save the changes to the BIOS.

Step 8 - Boot to USB (Kernel Panic)

Clover Bootloader comes up fine, and begins to countdown. I selected
Boot OS X Install from Install macOS Sierra
, then the verbose log began to run. After a few seconds, kernel panic.

Here are some pics of panic log(please excuse the dirty monitor...):

2s1849j.jpg

24ymotl.jpg

So this is where I am. I haven't a clue what the problem even is, so I'm not sure how to go about fixing it. It's super frustrating to have almost everything in place, and some unknown error keeps me from just installing OS X. I know my hardware is supported. As stated above, the SSD I am using has been used in a previous Hackintosh build where I used El Capitan. As a test, I did install OS X Sierra on this SSD to see if it was stable. I haven't formatted the drive yet as the kernel panic issue hasn't allowed me to get to Disk Utility. However, I am not sure if that even matters. I am just at wits end and am trying to include every little detail so the experts here can perhaps find a solution for me. Anyway, thanks for reading. Any help offered is greatly appreciated!

Best regards

-xJPN

Thanks for the reply!

follow it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/320288-guide-macos-sierra-1012x-on-asus-z170m-plus-dsdt/

same files work for u

use same files, after send me ur DSDT

Forgive me, I am not as well versed as some, but humor me for a second.

You want me to replace my config.plist on my bootable USB with yours, and do the same thing with the FakeSMC.kext file as well, right? So a question on that. Your guide shows kext files in a folder named "Other" is it necessary that I put the kext files in the "Other" folder as well? At the moment there is already a "10.12" folder in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/. Also what of the other kext file I have? Do I just disregard it temporarily for the install? Then you mentioned a DSDT file. I am not sure how or where to retrieve this file if I am to send it to you. Additionally, would you mind explaining why I am sending you this DSDT file?

• Like 1

UEFI

Replace full folder

Sorry, let me be clearer. I am a novice. I don't know what direction to take. I have no problem with following instructions, but I am very lost right now. I am not trying to be a pain, I promise, but I don't know exactly what it is that you're instructing me to do. I have replaced my config.plist file with yours and got a more elaborate kernel panic than the first. According to the readout, kernel_task was responsible. I really appreciate your help!

As said above in my 1st post, I used Terminal on my MacBook Pro. I typed the command to create install media on my USB. Then I installed clover bootloader to the USB as well selecting the options shown in my 1st post.

You want my DSDT files right? I will try and locate them and will send them shortly.

I got my system up and running and most everything works fine. However there are a few things that I cant get working:

Bluetooth/Airdrop

Audio

USB 3.0/3.1

Do you know how to fix it? Thanks for everything you've done so far!

• Like 1

-Post ur full Clover folder with original tables, press F4 in Clover Boot Screen, files generate in Clover/Acpi/origin

-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer

-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop

test it

Replace full folder

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

Hmm still no audio... I think I will do a clean install with the provided CLOVER folder you just gave. I did some tinkering on my own and may have messed something up. Was the CLOVER folder you provided supposed to fix bluetooth as well or just audio?

• Like 1

all is load, good

audio too, u modified ur AppleHda?

like I said, I may have messed something up. I was trying to fix a few issues at the same time and I installed multib***t to try and get things working. Obviously that didn't work out so well. That's why I was just thinking about starting over with fresh install to see how it goes with new CLOVER folder that you gave.

Right now I don't have audio workikng or on-board bluetooth(bluetooth does work with an external adapter but not after computer is sleep). There was another issue where I could not play any media at all(music, videos, etc) this only happened after I tried to use multib***t. I'm pretty sure I messed up by even trying that.

• Like 1