Intel WIFI Driver

axel9546

44 posts in this topic

Hello . I know that intel is not supp by osx and wifi kext is to compile. But i would like to spend 1,2h of daily free time on creating a kext that can let us able to use our internal intel wifi cards!

For now i would like to make a kext for the Intel Wifi 8260 ac adapter (That is inside Xiaomi Mi 13 Air).

If someone would like to Help, Test, Complite, Just let me know here or via pm (if u are really interested) and lets work!

Have a Good Hack Day :)!

Edited by fantomas1
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, good choice mate. I'm in! I have the same wireless card, in fact it's m.2. please Do let me know if you need any help with testing etc.

Many thanks!

Hello . I know that intel is not supp by osx and wifi kext is to compile. But i would like to spend 1,2h of daily free time on creating a kext that can let us able to use our internal intel wifi cards!

For now i would like to make a kext for the Intel Wifi 8260 ac adapter (That is inside Xiaomi Mi 13 Air).

If someone would like to Help, Test, Complite, Just let me know here or via pm (if u are really interested) and lets work!

Have a Good Hack Day :)!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am starting the development again.

Not sure if I will succeed.

Any help is very much welcome:

https://github.com/timkoers/AppleIntelWiFiMVM/

Best wishes!

I may give you full sources of Intel3945 by mercurysquad. It was opensource but later was lost from public servers. The author is no more interesting.

The sources are partially working but I don't know how to use and debug.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can take a look at it. I don't have much spare time though and exams coming next week so it will take a while to really get something going. I've got a fair bit of experience in low level programming, but don't know how long it will take me to figure it out.

For the time being does anyone have an example of a ported driver from Linux to MacOS? That will probably make things a lot easier.

@Slice thanks for the files though.

• Like 1