Asus p8z77-v lx + Intel i5 3450 + Asus GTX 460 1 Go

maxime25

87 posts in this topic

it's ok it adds what needs to be added to your config.plist

The Audio chipset in one of my systems is identical to yours and the audio works just fine, if you decide to connect you computer to a TV or Display with speakers it will use HDMI Audio as well.

Oh, ok,

Mount the EFI partition, open your config.plist, select "Kernel and Kext Patches" take a snapshot and post it here. or just compress and post your config.plist

I just want to see if anything is added by the command or not.

• 8 months later...

hey @cyberdevs, i'm needing some assistance, on a sort of similar motherboard - ASUS p8Z77-V Le Plus, with a GTX650 Ti, upgrading to Sierra 10.12.6 from Yosemite 10.10.5. i'm somewhat experienced in hackintosh, built two already, updating my 2nd. i had a lot of exchanges with Carbo167(Marco) previously and he was very helpful but i think he doesn't have his old motherboard (same as mine).

anyway i used Pandora to create a USB stick of the installer and installed latest Clover with FakeSMC, and NullCPUPowermanagement, and left everything else alone. i wasn't able to bootload the installer stick (boot 0 error) but i was able to use my other bootloader on a different drive (older Clover version) to load the OS on the stick. i'm not too concerned about all this as long as i can get the stick to load.

my first issue though was that i had no USB on restart, so i can't even start the install process. i could use Pandora to install the Maverics USB rollback on the stick, but not sure if there's a better option. i see stuff about SSDT and using InjectAll and also saw other posts about just editing the SSDT directly with pjalm's USB edits via MacIASL.

my plan is to install everything on a drive that has Mountain Lion on it, and i'll remove all the OS folders so it's a clean install, but i'd rather not have to reformat the drive if possible. i will keep my Yosemite drive as is until i'm confident the other drive is stable.

any assistance appreciated! i'm using latest Clover EFI version so any useful EFI options for USB drivers would be useful. thanks!

hey @cyberdevs, i'm needing some assistance, on a sort of similar motherboard - ASUS p8Z77-V Le Plus, with a GTX650 Ti, upgrading to Sierra 10.12.6 from Yosemite 10.10.5. i'm somewhat experienced in hackintosh, built two already, updating my 2nd. i had a lot of exchanges with Carbo167(Marco) previously and he was very helpful but i think he doesn't have his old motherboard (same as mine).

anyway i used Pandora to create a USB stick of the installer and installed latest Clover with FakeSMC, and NullCPUPowermanagement, and left everything else alone. i wasn't able to bootload the installer stick (boot 0 error) but i was able to use my other bootloader on a different drive (older Clover version) to load the OS on the stick. i'm not too concerned about all this as long as i can get the stick to load.

my first issue though was that i had no USB on restart, so i can't even start the install process. i could use Pandora to install the Maverics USB rollback on the stick, but not sure if there's a better option. i see stuff about SSDT and using InjectAll and also saw other posts about just editing the SSDT directly with pjalm's USB edits via MacIASL.

my plan is to install everything on a drive that has Mountain Lion on it, and i'll remove all the OS folders so it's a clean install, but i'd rather not have to reformat the drive if possible. i will keep my Yosemite drive as is until i'm confident the other drive is stable.

any assistance appreciated! i'm using latest Clover EFI version so any useful EFI options for USB drivers would be useful. thanks!

Hi there,

First of all I'll be appreciated of you update your signature with the hardware spec that you are using.

Secondly tell if you are using Legacy BIOS or UEFI?

About the USB ports you need to know that ASMedia on old mainboards is not supported by macOS and you need to use the Intel ports which are supported by macOS and you can use USB port limit patch to increase the number of the USB ports or you can create the Custom SSDT for your intel ports.

You can either use a patched DSDT for your mainboard or you can use Clover's patches to fix certain problems with your mainboard.

For creating the the USB installer the best course of action is to use the createinstallmedia method and once the USB disk is created just install clover and then add the necessary kext files with the working config.plist

Send me your EFI folder and I will take a look at it.

Hi there,

>>First of all I'll be appreciated of you update your signature with the hardware spec that you are using.

Okay updated the signature. just to be clear, i'll paste it here

MOBO:ASUS P8Z77-V Le Plus

CPU:Intel Core i5 3750K

GPU:NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti

>>Secondly tell if you are using Legacy BIOS or UEFI?

almost certain i'm using UEFI.

>>About the USB ports you need to know that ASMedia on old mainboards is not supported by macOS and you need to use the Intel ports which are supported by macOS and >>you can use USB port limit patch to increase the number of the USB ports or you can create the Custom SSDT for your intel ports.

right i read that. it seems it's possible to use a different controller for the port. i'm not using a lot of USB devices (a hub and one separate drive), so maybe i can just switch existing hardware to an Intel supported USB 3.0 port.

>>You can either use a patched DSDT for your mainboard or you can use Clover's patches to fix certain problems with your mainboard.

whatever works is fine. would prefer a patch to start with but if DSDT gets better results i'll use that.

>>For creating the the USB installer the best course of action is to use the createinstallmedia method and once the USB disk is created just install clover and then add the >>necessary kext files with the working config.plist

i did create the installer stick with Ares and then i added the latest Clover with Zeus. it looks like the kexts did not go into the CLOVER folder. i can add them there. i also did not change the default config.plist that was generated by the Clover installer.

>>Send me your EFI folder and I will take a look at it.

i will send you two EFI folders. one of them is from the new version of Clover i just installed on the stick,which is not bootloading (boot 0 error), the other is the bootloader from the working Yosemite drive. someone helped me with the EFI folder on that one after i had a lot of Firewire instability issues (external card but had good vanilla support generally). I have looked carefully at the Yosemite EFI folder and i can't find find a DSDT or SSDT file, just three kexts in the 10.10 folder, so i'm not sure what that person did to fix my Firewire issues.

here are the links:

First the EFI from the Sierra installer USB i created with createmedia:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w148hbsdj82gh2a/EFI-Sierra.zip?dl=0

next the working EFI from my Yosemite based bootloader:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4s7v9t8bzg5lcl3/EFI-Yosemite.zip?dl=0

question for you:

it looks like i could use the Clover bootloader for multiple drives with different OSes, so i am wondering how easy it is to update the older Clover on the working bootloader? the Yosemite bootloader is actually on a separate USB stick. i had intended on copying it to the HD but never did it.

anyway, help appreciated - thanks! not trying to confuse you too much. just trying to be thorough. i also realize that just because the current bootloader works on Yosemite that's no guarantee it will work on Sierra without any modification.

Update - i switched to a different rear USB port which helped me to run the initial Sierra installer. interestingly when i rebooted back into Yosemite i saw the install hadn't completed yet (the disk has a folder called macOS Install Data so it needs to finish obviously)

also the USB port that worked while installing Sierra was dead when i was in Yosemite. switching the cable back to the original port (i think it's a USB 2.0 port not a 3.0 port) worked fine.

will keep updating the post as i progress.

Update 2 - Okay install went surprisingly smooth! here's what works:

• boots fine with either Clover bootloader
  • Ethernet
  • GPU with Metal support - full transparency
  • Firewire
  • 2 USB 3.0 ports (Intel based)
  • Audio (via Firewire interface)

Here's what's not working

• All USB 2.0 ports (which should be Intel)
  • 2 USB 3.1 Ports (which are ASRock and can't be used at all)
  • Onboard audio (uses an ALC889 i believe)
  • Sleep/PM (i usually give up on this)

The most important of these to get working is USB 2.0. i'm not concerned about the rest, though if onboard audio was possible it would be useful to have. i did play around a bit on the BIOS to see if changing settings would work by disabling legacy USB 3.0, but at that point the USB stick with the bootloader failed to be recognized. so nothing is changed on my USB BIOS settings at the moment.

i am attaching an image for clarification. i am imagining that if the port is blue it's a USB 3 port, otherwise its USB 2.

post-524418-0-51342400-1517707341_thumb.jpg

question for you:

it looks like i could use the Clover bootloader for multiple drives with different OSes, so i am wondering how easy it is to update the older Clover on the working bootloader? the Yosemite bootloader is actually on a separate USB stick. i had intended on copying it to the HD but never did it.

anyway, help appreciated - thanks! not trying to confuse you too much. just trying to be thorough. i also realize that just because the current bootloader works on Yosemite that's no guarantee it will work on Sierra without any modification.

Thanks for updating the signature.

My first advice:

Always use a USB disk for the purpose of testing new clover and EFI folder or config.plist. Have a back up of you existing and working EFI folder and keep it handy.

Yes you can use the same EFI (Clover) for multiple OSes (I did some tests and used the same EFI folder for macOS 10.9 to 10.13)

Trey to identify the working USB ports the ones that don't work are most likely the ones on the ASMedia controller. The reason the you don't have the USB support in macOS Yosemite is because you need to use a specific kext for USB 3.0 ports. I'm not gonna get into that right now.

Updating the clover is a very simple task and you can just download the latest version of it and install it on the driver that you are currently using as the main macOS drive. But it's better to know what you are doing.

I will send you an EFI folder form my IvyBridge rig with the latest clover and you can test it and see if you can boot into macOS with it.

Update - i switched to a different rear USB port which helped me to run the initial Sierra installer. interestingly when i rebooted back into Yosemite i saw the install hadn't completed yet (the disk has a folder called macOS Install Data so it needs to finish obviously)

also the USB port that worked while installing Sierra was dead when i was in Yosemite. switching the cable back to the original port (i think it's a USB 2.0 port not a 3.0 port) worked fine.

These information might not be needed since you successfully installed macOS Sierra but it's good to know them feel free to skip this

With macOS Sierra there are some slight changes in the installation process.

Once you completed the first stage one the installation and upon reboot you need to select the destination drive which you are trying to install the macOS Sierra on. the second installation process will start short after you successfully booted into macOS installer. macOS Install Data is the data which macOS installer will extract from the original macOS Installer (Sierra and High Sierra) which is called the startosinstall method.

About the USB ports you either need to use a patched DSDT or just add the following ACPI fixes to your config.plist: (Use CloverConfigurator)

Name: change EHC1 to EH01

Find: 45484331 

Replace: 45483031 

Name: change EHC2 to EH02

Find: 45484332  

Replace: 45483032 

For activating the Audio add this patch with the AppleALC.kext and set the Layout-ID to 1 under the Devices in the config.plist: 

Name: change HDAS to HDEF 

Find: 48444153 

Replace: 48444546 

post-1011040-0-23536000-1517733448_thumb.png

post-1011040-0-01200300-1517733460_thumb.png

@cyberdevs - OK will download Clover Configurator and try these.

just to bring you up to date, the Sierra install on the HD has no EFI folder. the EFI folder exists on the older bootloader USB stick and is version 3556, which means i don't have a dedicated folder for 10.12 available since it hadn't been released yet. so i did install the AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext in S/L/E and i haven't done anything else yet. ideally i would like to update Clover on this USB stick, but i don't want to lose my current settings. do you know the best way to proceed here?

in the meantime, though, i will download Clover Configurator and try your fixes for USB and audio. i'll keep you informed as to progress. thanks very much again!

@cyberdevs - OK will download Clover Configurator and try these.

just to bring you up to date, the Sierra install on the HD has no EFI folder. the EFI folder exists on the older bootloader USB stick and is version 3556, which means i don't have a dedicated folder for 10.12 available since it hadn't been released yet. so i did install the AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext in S/L/E and i haven't done anything else yet. ideally i would like to update Clover on this USB stick, but i don't want to lose my current settings. do you know the best way to proceed here?

in the meantime, though, i will download Clover Configurator and try your fixes for USB and audio. i'll keep you informed as to progress. thanks very much again!

if you are installing macOS Sierra on another HDD/SSD you can mount the EFI partition of that particular HDD/SSD and copy your existing working EFI folder from USB disk or HDD and then you can perform an update. You can also use the "Other" folder and put kexts inside it and clover will load it for any macOS but for macOS Sierra you might need to update the Clover bootloader itself I'm not sure which revision was essential for macOS Sierra exactly.

Anyways you can also perform a clean install of clover on any HDD/SSD or USB disk and just replace the following folders with the one you already have.

1. config.plist

2. Drivers64UEFI

3. Kexts

4. Themes

Here is the current EFI folder that I'm using on my IvyBridge rig.

Give it a try and let me know how it works on your rig.

EFI.zip

• 2 months later...

Hi, I too would need a little help with my sierra installation.

The specifications of my pc that I want to turn into a hackintosh are:

M/B Asus P8Z77-V Premium

CPU: i5-2320 (do you think it could be a CPU?)
Ram 8GB
gigabyte gt-220 video card (do you think it could be a video card?)
HDD 500Gb

I have prepared the flash but it gives me this error:

reloc_block.thumb.jpg.87f9c10420a6449bb3ec90c361dda40f.jpg 

Thank you for all 

Edited by daltanious78

2 hours ago, daltanious78 said:

Hi, I too would need a little help with my sierra installation.

The specifications of my pc that I want to turn into a hackintosh are:

M/B Asus P8Z77-V Premium

CPU: i5-2320 (do you think it could be a CPU?)
Ram 8GB
gigabyte gt-220 video card (do you think it could be a video card?)
HDD 500Gb

I have prepared the flash but it gives me this error:

reloc_block.thumb.jpg.87f9c10420a6449bb3ec90c361dda40f.jpg 

Thank you for all 

Hi there,

Send me your EFI folder so I can take a look. 

In this folder that you find on my dropbox there are 2 folders efi compressed the efi folder is the one I used before sending it in a post in the Italian insanelymac section the efi_2 folder is the one created by a user of that section, both give me the same problem.

the links to the files are:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9soayggwzt2oy2z/EFI.zip?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vh5hs3wjjgd3cn/EFI_2.zip?dl=0

Thanks for everything

• Like 1