Noob in need of help

Noel Carter

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

Right, I have a Sony Vaio laptop which i've managed to install Sierra from Mavericks. Everything is going well but I've read a lot of information regarding laptops and DSDT's and their requirement. I have extracted the DSDT from Windows but i'm confused as to how to patch it for a fully working system. Ideally I'd like to ask if anyone could patch it for me if I provide the relevant information and files. The laptop in question is a Vaio VPCZ115G and it's the American version as the keyboard layout is different. The only thing I'm struggling with is the USB ports which worked with Chimera Bootloader but not with Clover. If anyone would be willing to help me patch it then I'd be eternally grateful :)

Thanks

Hi guys!

Right, I have a Sony Vaio laptop which i've managed to install Sierra from Mavericks. Everything is going well but I've read a lot of information regarding laptops and DSDT's and their requirement. I have extracted the DSDT from Windows but i'm confused as to how to patch it for a fully working system. Ideally I'd like to ask if anyone could patch it for me if I provide the relevant information and files. The laptop in question is a Vaio VPCZ115G and it's the American version as the keyboard layout is different. The only thing I'm struggling with is the USB ports which worked with Chimera Bootloader but not with Clover. If anyone would be willing to help me patch it then I'd be eternally grateful :)

Thanks

Vaio VPCZ115G :drool:

Maybe you need to post full hardware,,we are need to search in google? :hysterical:

good reason is to write in to your profile signature :P

Vaio VPCZ115G :drool:

Maybe you need to post full hardware,,we are need to search in google? :hysterical:

good reason is to write in to your profile signature :P

oops! I'm sorry. It's a Sony Vaio VPCZ115GG. I don't have it in my profile because I've only started messing around with it to be honest. It's an Intel Core i5-540M, HM57 Express Chipset, 8GB DDR3 1066Mhz RAM, Nvidia GeForce 330M GPU and 13.1" 1600x900 WXGA++ screen.  specs are here: http://www.sony-asia.com/support/product/vpcz115ggto have a browse at

Follow these instructions then it will work: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

Here the essential hardware components from your hardware specs:

CPU
Intel® Core™ i5-540M Processor 2.53 GHz

Chipset
Intel® HM57 Express Chipset

Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M GPU with CUDA™ Technology (SPEED MODE) / Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD (STAMINA MODE)

Display
13.1" wide (WXGA++: 1600 x 900) TFT colour display (VAIO Display Premium, LED backlight)

USB
High Speed USB 2.0 x 3

SD Memory Card Slot
SD Memory Card (SDHC compatible, Copyright protection function (CPRM) )

Wireless LAN Type
Integrated Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n*6

and ... If a hardware component does not work, then ask or search for it under google