28 replies to this topic

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,776 posts

OK,

Here goes nothing :D

I'm not sure if it's gonna work or not because I don't have the same mainboard as you but it is worth a shot

You have to copy the file I attached inside /System/Library/Extensions/ BUT BEFROE YOU DO make a copy of "IO80211Family.kext" to your desktop and then replace the existing file with the one I posted, after that run "Kext Utility" to fix the permissions of the "Extensions" folder then reboot your computer and see if your wifi is working. Hopefully it works!

Fingers Crossed!

Don't forget to copy the original file to your desktop for replacing it if it didn't work.

Attached Files

Gian Maverick

Gian Maverick

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

OK,

Here goes nothing :D

I'm not sure if it's gonna work or not because I don't have the same mainboard as you but it is worth a shot

You have to copy the file I attached inside /System/Library/Extensions/ BUT BEFROE YOU DO make a copy of "IO80211Family.kext" to your desktop and then replace the existing file with the one I posted, after that run "Kext Utility" to fix the permissions of the "Extensions" folder then reboot your computer and see if your wifi is working. Hopefully it works!

Fingers Crossed!

Don't forget to copy the original file to your desktop for replacing it if it didn't work.

No luck :( 

Unfortunately it does not work. I noticed that in the system / extension folder there is also a file called "IO80211FamilyV2.kext" .

I don't know if it does matter..

Anyway thanks a lot for your help!!

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,776 posts

Oh that's too bad! :(

Bummer, but I found a thread that might be helpful http://www.insanelym...ed-cards/page-1

Gian Maverick

Gian Maverick

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Oh that's too bad! :(

Bummer, but I found a thread that might be helpful http://www.insanelym...ed-cards/page-1

wow I followed the links, it seems that for some peoples it works! I'd like to do on myself, but It is not a simple kext installer.. But really I don't understand how to do it.

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,776 posts

well actually I looked through the posts but not in depth and for some people it works and fro some people it doesn't.

try using the file in this post: http://www.insanelym...ards/?p=2279677

Update:

Test this one

Open terminal after you replaced the kext file and run each command one by one then reboot.

1. sudo nvram -c

2. sudo purge
3. sudo rm -f /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache && sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
4. sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force

Attached Files

Gian Maverick

Gian Maverick

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

well actually I looked through the posts but not in depth and for some people it works and fro some people it doesn't.

try using the file in this post: http://www.insanelym...ards/?p=2279677

Update:

Test this one

Open terminal after you replaced the kext file and run each command one by one then reboot.

1. sudo nvram -c

2. sudo purge
3. sudo rm -f /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache && sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
4. sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force

Nope.. :(

....i tried more then once with no luck

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,776 posts

well, we'll keep on trying later.

Gian Maverick

Gian Maverick

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

well, we'll keep on trying later.

ok, thanks for your time!

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,776 posts

anytime :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: z170i, pro gaming, Sierra, Wireless, bluetooth, 6700k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy