logic pro 7.2

esde

10 posts in this topic

hi.

i am working with logic 5.5 on a pc and i am considering buying a pc as hackintosh for my daily

studio work.

since i would be able to upgrade to logic 7.2 it wouldn't be too pricy.

now my question is if anyone is using it in a real studio environment?

is it as good as an actual mac pro (performance)?

is it as stable?

do i need to know something special?

thanks for your answers??

esde

ps: whats your setup?

now my question is if anyone is using it in a real studio environment?

yes, no problems so far. (AMD 3500+ SEE3)

is it as good as an actual mac pro (performance)?

no, the mac pro is the fastest personal computer on the market :)

is it as stable?

yep, rock solid.

do i need to know something special?

only your 3rd party plug-ins must be in Universal Binary format.

Yeah, I use Logic all the time, but I strongly reccommend using real hardware for it...

Lostgame you are a self announced iHack non believer, now you are recommending using REAL MAC HArdware, in wich basis? i have a friend using Logi Pro for like 4 months without any problem in his ihack, recently updated to Core Duo 2

So please dont say things without real fundaments.

and no, the Mac Pro isnt the fastest personal computer, my friend Ihack with Core Duo 2 have benchmark nearly doubling the standard Mac Pro.

I am personally strongly against using osx86, which is an illegal OS, for professional work. :S

i have made my decision.

i will buy a real mac for professional use. if i want a hackintosh which is really calm

i would also need to spend a lot.

i think i might use a hackintosh as logic node sometimes

( but with the power of the intel macs it will take until my first film scoring job ;-) )

thanks for your answers anyway

esde

Greetings All,

Its all HackMac for me my friends. I have spent more than our weight in gold on MACs for years....until now. Patiently waiting for the moment that OSX would allow us to harness power never before seen on a MAC. I use Logic Pro 7.2.3 flawlessly on my HackMac. Professionally or not, its efficient and "Logical". I have invested my share of fortune in Apple, and they have truly only given back in Operating System. All through G4 and G5, we saw all the AMD guys laugh their arses to the finish line of bench marks we only dreamed of. Its about time we start running Logic the way it was meant to. High speed, high in the sky, and no limits....literally. The World will always have iPods, so no one should worry about Apple, they'll be just fine, trust me. We are only a handful, proud and elite. And us Logic Users, are even more scarce.

The Core 2 Duo E6600 option and Logic Pro is pure magic through the low latency of M-Audio FireWire 410 audio. All this and more, including a Dual DVI high end graphics card for Dual digital screens and the ability to upgrade motherboard and processor when ever we see fit. Logic Pro deserves all of these goodies and so much more. Besides, us Logic Pro users support the Apple cause as much as any MAC customer. Matter of fact, we put Apple ahead about a thousand bucks per Logic User. So HackMac or not, Use Logic, you live longer.

Cheers

Synthology

Ive gone the halfway route and use a legit logic pro 7.2 installation on my macbook pro and use an ihack as a logic node (see my sig). Works absolutely amazingly - the node app quite happily sits there and handles processing for you with pretty much no effort on your part.

Try it out :)

I have to say i really do agree with DaxTsurugi - if you are just having a play, fine. But if you actually make money from using software, but it. Its like making money with gear you've nicked out of someone else's studio.

Cheers,

-JD-