Can any apps be run while at the first Install dialog?

5 posts in this topic

I'm attempting to install Mavericks on an A68HM-PLUS mobo, with an AMD A6 7470K CPU, and nVidia GT-730 graphics. My question is. I think I can get to the installer dialogs. But what I'm going to have trouble with, is booting into the installed Mavericks.

What I'm hoping to do, is create a proper smbios.plist for this, before booting into the actual install. I'm not creating the install on the target machine. But on a Snow Leopard install, on a different Hackintosh. So I can't run Chameleon to get the info I need for the new install. Can I drop any of the system reporting apps available here onto the Install USB stick, and run them from the initial OSX install dialog; like from terminal, or something? Is there another better option?

Thank you for all your time, and consideration.

--Chris

I'm attempting to install Mavericks on an A68HM-PLUS mobo, with an AMD A6 7470K CPU, and nVidia GT-730 graphics. My question is. I think I can get to the installer dialogs. But what I'm going to have trouble with, is booting into the installed Mavericks.

What I'm hoping to do, is create a proper smbios.plist for this, before booting into the actual install. I'm not creating the install on the target machine. But on a Snow Leopard install, on a different Hackintosh. So I can't run Chameleon to get the info I need for the new install. Can I drop any of the system reporting apps available here onto the Install USB stick, and run them from the initial OSX install dialog; like from terminal, or something? Is there another better option?

Thank you for all your time, and consideration.

--Chris

You're making any newbie mistakes! Watch this video stream

Your hardware is macOS compatible and will work with Sierra 10.12.x:

Here the appropriate Extra folders with the drivers for AMD:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/322268-help-topic-ryzen-macos-1012x-sierra/page-5?p=2416149&do=findComment&comment=2416149

and here is the appropriate kernel for your CPU:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312714-amd-macos-1012x-sierra-kernel-testing-release-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-31?p=2398784&do=findComment&comment=2398784

and replace this System.kext with the original System.kext in S/L/E

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312714-amd-macos-1012x-sierra-kernel-testing-release-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-33?p=2411301&do=findComment&comment=2411301

good luck!

Edit:

If you have more questions, then write here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312714-amd-macos-1012x-sierra-kernel-testing-release-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-31

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Foxic

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I'm almost finished writing the HFS+ module for BSD, which will allow Chameleon/Enoch/Chimera, and Clover to run natively on *BSD. Which will ultimately be a better choice, given much of the MacOS is built on top of *BSD, anyway. :)

Thanks again, Foxic, for taking the time to reply!

--Chris

Thanks a million, spakk for such an informative reply!

Thanks Shaneee, for another brilliant video!

spakk, you indicate my hardware is supported on Sierra (good news). Are you telling me it's not supported on Mavericks?

Thanks again, spakk! I now feel fully armed to tackle this!

--Chris

• 3 weeks later...

OK I guess I can close this now. I managed a Mavericks install. Method?

I used the so-called "Vanilla (USB) install", and some assistance from 0000-1248 's "clue bat". I spent some time following the install in a browser on another computer, locating the needed kexts for PS2 (mouse||keyboard), Network (ethernet), and Sound. While not (yet) perfect. It puts me in a position to tweak it into shape.

Thanks again, for taking the time to respond!

--Chris