[RyzenPatcher] Thread for channeling info about updates

51 posts in this topic

RyzenPatcher Repo <== Link to GitHub

There are some short examples of how to run it on there.

I didn't want to over crowd the HELP or DEVELOPMENT thread with comments for the patcher so I created this.

Reasons for this thread:

• requesting features
  • reporting problems
  • channeling change info

I made the patcher for myself then thought that the community could use it. I am all for automating repetitive tasks and this is one of them .

NOTES

If using `kernelSwitch` make sure you have the files structured already.

root = kernel_rc2_boot/

• Extensions
  • Kernels
  • Frameworks

if those folders are not in the path given then it won't work.

Thanks!

• Like 4

6/17/2017 Change Information:

• added support for clover as well
  • updated the kernel to use kernel 16.5

5/10/2017 Change Information:

• added a kernel version switch 
  • removed the shell script from repo
  • copies the boot file to root it you want it or not <= if you are using clover it shouldn't matter

USAGE:

Help message: `python ryzen.py -h`

Execute on disk: `sudo python ryzen.py --volume /Volumes/pathToDisk --kernelVersion rc4`

Execute using your own kernel files: `sudo python ryzen.py --volume /Volumes/pathToDisk --kernelSwitch /put/path/to/files/remember/structure`

** Choices for kernelVersion is limited to `rc4` or `rc2` | Default is always latest, so for now rc4

• Like 1

Looks like it worked.  What's the advised boot loader for this? enoch 2667?

version.plist -> /Volumes/SierraAMD//System/Library/Extensions/./patched_10.12_AppleRTC.kext/Contents/version.plist
./tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_rc4_ryzen/boot -> /Volumes/SierraAMD//boot
/Volumes/SierraAMD locked; waiting for lock.
Lock acquired; proceeding.

Please run kext wizard and rebuild caches!

Please copy kernel file from /Volumes/SierraAMD/System/Library/Kernels/kernel to /Extra/Kernels/ and Extra/.
  • Like 1

version.plist -> /Volumes/SierraAMD//System/Library/Extensions/./patched_10.12_AppleRTC.kext/Contents/version.plist
./tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_rc4_ryzen/boot -> /Volumes/SierraAMD//boot

Please copy kernel file from /Volumes/SierraAMD/System/Library/Kernels/kernel to /Extra/Kernels/ and Extra/.

Yes, check out the "Help Topic Ryzen in Sierra" thread the bootloader and other materials should be there.look for "Ryzen essentials".

• Like 1

Let me know if it worked. I had some issues after I removed the VOODOO kexts . 

Rebuilt the USB using http://forum.amd-osx.com/app.php/bbdownloads/sierra.html, then ran your script against the SierraAMD drive in /Volumes/ with no kernel specified - logs attached.  

Providing no kernelVersion switch is defaulting the kernel_None_ryzen which does not exist. Seems to be building with --kernelVersion rc4 as it is in the zip.  Will start testing to see if it boots correctly. 

cp: ./tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/boot: No such file or directory

logs.txt

Rebuilt the USB using http://forum.amd-osx.com/app.php/bbdownloads/sierra.html, then ran your script against the SierraAMD drive in /Volumes/ with no kernel specified - logs attached.

Providing no kernelVersion switch is defaulting the kernel_None_ryzen which does not exist. Seems to be building with --kernelVersion rc4 as it is in the zip. Will start testing to see if it boots correctly.

cp: ./tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/boot: No such file or directory

Alright cool.. I will fix that tonight looks like it doesn't default to rc4 instead just gets confused. Can you try running it again but this time specify rc4 ? Thanks.

I got it to work, quite easily with a fresh copy of 12.5, and a new GitHub connection/account + internet.    It only took about 10 minutes to make a bootable Sierra 12.5 drive using this Patcher and a SSD with a fresh 12.5 install, along with the ryzen essentials and boot files ready to go.    I actually booted it right after the Kext Wizard, I did a restart and selected it at the boot menu from my working copy.    I restarted again and used the working copy with all the fixes to load up the new disk.    10 minutes is not bad, very nice Patcher my friend.`   

post-1753549-0-00759900-1494998171_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-01829700-1494998310_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-02175000-1494998339_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-19544300-1494998447_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-85866800-1494998823_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-06342500-1494999375_thumb.png

• Like 3

Chameleon 2667 Install Guide.

How I did it and what I needed?      For Clover Install Guide GO HERE: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324392-ryzen-clover-installation-guide-macos-sierra/?view=getnewpost

Please make sure you have all of the items below.   I have attached most of what you will need.   Credits got to Bronya for kernel and boot, spakk for the Extra folder configuration help, Shanee and Akimoa for general help and support.   And Jaytarang92 for making this patcher which took me much longer to write this guide than it took to load Sierra on my Ryzen 7 1700.   

1).  A fresh install of Sierra 12.5.    A cloned copy will do what I used was a fresh instal of Sierra 12.4 did the update to 12.5 on my MacBook 6.1 on a new SSD Sandisk 120gb.

2).  An account at GitHub with current password,   This was holding me back on earlier attempts I was getting server errors because I wasn't logged in and the Patcher kept failing ( my Fault).

3). Chameleon. 2667 bootloader download.

4). Bronya bootfiles and Kernels ( these can or will vary depending on performance needs and compatibility issues. )   I have provided the basic boot file for Risen but there are other variants that can be added or changed later along with a matching kernel.    

5).  Pacifist software ( google it)   

6).  The Risen essentials posted on the "Help Topic Ryzen".  post #. 

7).  Kext Wizzard Download (google it).  

8).  RyzenPatcher download and related items..

You will need a working Mac or Working hack to make your fresh copy of Sierra and either a sata or usb connection for the SSD or HDD for the Ryzen build.   Once you build the copy disk and update it to 12.5 then turn off system and remove copy disk until booting back to working Mac or Hack drive.   connect your copy disk if using USB connection or shut off and connect to SATA and restart choosing your original drive for boot.

The new disk should be visible on desktop to work with if not go to "Preferences" on top tool bar and check the Show Hard Drives box.    The title of your copy disk should be simple like "Untitled" so you don't have any issues using terminal commands.   

Go to Github and log in. Open the read me page of the Risen patcher download.    Set it to one side of the screen for the terminal prompts.    Go to top tool bar and select GO tab and scroll to utilities and select Terminal and open.    Type in the prompts provided in the read me page.   I added the Kernel Manually by going to System/library/Kernels folder and replacing with attached kernel below.    Make sure to run Kext wizard after the patcher is finished and the kernel is replaced and then make sure to select the new copy "Untitled" as the target disk.

Use finder to open the Untitled disk, and copy to or drag the 'Extra" folder to Untitled partition folder.    Follow prompts and it should end up just below Applications.

Next open and run Chameleon 2667 boot loader and choose "Untitled" for the destination See pic below for minimal settings.

After loading chameleon open Pacifist software.    After logging in select "open package" then select the untitled disk in finder menu when it appears.   Right click on the boot file and move to trash see pic below.   This is the Chameleon boot file that needs to be replaced with the Bronya boot file.    Close pacifist.

Open in Finder the Untitled disk and then open the Ryzen Essentials folder and drag copy of Bronya boot to the Untitled folder, follow the prompts it should land just below Applications in the folder.    

Now, run Kext Wizard and select all options and make sure to choose the target disk Untitled.    Shut system down and connect your disk to Risen system and boot.

Note:   You will need to add your own serial # to the Symbios.plist the one I provided is XDXDXDXDX.   Use pandoras box or chameleon wizard to generate a new one or add it using xCode.    

My system specs for this instal.

Risen 7 1700, Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5 K mono, CXrucial 2400MHz DDR4 ram 32gb, TPLink N900 Wifi pcie adapter, AMD R7 265 ( HD 7xxx, R9 270), Sandisk SSD Plus 120gb.

post-1753549-0-08638900-1495004038_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-01340700-1495004051_thumb.png

kernel.zip

Ryzen Sierra essentials 2.zip

• Like 6

How I did it and what I needed?

Please make sure you have all of the items below.   I have attached most of what you will need.   Credits got to Bronya for kernel and boot, spakk for the Extra folder configuration help, Shanee and Akimoa for general help and support.   And Jaytarang92 for making this patcher which took me much longer to write this guide than it took to load Sierra on my Ryzen 7 1700.   

1).  A fresh install of Sierra 12.5.    A cloned copy will do what I used was a fresh instal of Sierra 12.4 did the update to 12.5 on my MacBook 6.1 on a new SSD Sandisk 120gb.

2).  An account at GitHub with current password,   This was holding me back on earlier attempts I was getting server errors because I wasn't logged in and the Patcher kept failing ( my Fault).

3). Chameleon. 2667 bootloader download.

4). Bronya bootfiles and Kernels ( these can or will vary depending on performance needs and compatibility issues. )   I have provided the basic boot file for Risen but there are other variants that can be added or changed later along with a matching kernel.    

5).  Pacifist software ( google it)   

6).  The Risen essentials posted on the "Help Topic Ryzen".  post #. 

7).  Kext Wizzard Download (google it).  

8).  RyzenPatcher download and related items..

You will need a working Mac or Working hack to make your fresh copy of Sierra and either a sata or usb connection for the SSD or HDD for the Ryzen build.   Once you build the copy disk and update it to 12.5 then turn off system and remove copy disk until booting back to working Mac or Hack drive.   connect your copy disk if using USB connection or shut off and connect to SATA and restart choosing your original drive for boot.

The new disk should be visible on desktop to work with if not go to "Preferences" on top tool bar and check the Show Hard Drives box.    The title of your copy disk should be simple like "Untitled" so you don't have any issues using terminal commands.   

Go to Github and log in. Open the read me page of the Risen patcher download.    Set it to one side of the screen for the terminal prompts.    Go to top tool bar and select GO tab and scroll to utilities and select Terminal and open.    Type in the prompts provided in the read me page.   I added the Kernel Manually by going to System/library/Kernels folder and replacing with attached kernel below.    Make sure to run Kext wizard after the patcher is finished and the kernel is replaced and then make sure to select the new copy "Untitled" as the target disk.

Use finder to open the Untitled disk, and copy to or drag the 'Extra" folder to Untitled partition folder.    Follow prompts and it should end up just below Applications.

Next open and run Chameleon 2667 boot loader and choose "Untitled" for the destination See pic below for minimal settings.

After loading chameleon open Pacifist software.    After logging in select "open package" then select the untitled disk in finder menu when it appears.   Right click on the boot file and move to trash see pic below.   This is the Chameleon boot file that needs to be replaced with the Bronya boot file.    Close pacifist.

Open in Finder the Untitled disk and then open the Ryzen Essentials folder and drag copy of Bronya boot to the Untitled folder, follow the prompts it should land just below Applications in the folder.    

Now, run Kext Wizard and select all options and make sure to choose the target disk Untitled.    Shut system down and connect your disk to Risen system and boot.

Note:   You will need to add your own serial # to the Symbios.plist the one I provided is XDXDXDXDX.   Use pandoras box or chameleon wizard to generate a new one or add it using xCode.    

My system specs for this instal.

Risen 7 1700, Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5 K mono, CXrucial 2400MHz DDR4 ram 32gb, TPLink N900 Wifi pcie adapter, AMD R7 265 ( HD 7xxx, R9 270), Sandisk SSD Plus 120gb.

Where you able to get your audio to work?  I had to install the VoodooHDA.ktext v2.8.9 to get it not to throw an error, but I'm still getting "No VoodooHDA Devices Detected"

Where you able to get your audio to work?  I had to install the VoodooHDA.ktext v2.8.9 to get it not to throw an error, but I'm still getting "No VoodooHDA Devices Detected"

I am using HDAEnabler, HDMIAudio and a patched AppleHDA to get audio through HDMI on my radeon 6450.

• Like 1

Did you do this manually or using a script/tool?

You can use Xerxe which is in Pandora as a tool, or add them manually, just make sure to use kext wizzard before reboot.

I have a USB sound card so I haven't configured sound fixes. The above guide is really just to get you booted and into sierra then you can make changes and swap kernels and boot files to suit your build.

I recommend getting it booted, making a copy or clone and then applying changes. That way you have something to fall back on in case of a problem with a fix or two.

• Like 2

You can use Xerxe which is in Pandora as a tool, or add them manually, just make sure to use kext wizzard before reboot.

I have a USB sound card so I haven't configured sound fixes. The above guide is really just to get you booted and into sierra then you can make changes and swap kernels and boot files to suit your build.

I recommend getting it booted, making a copy or clone and then applying changes. That way you have something to fall back on in case of a problem with a fix or two.

Heck Yeah. DMG files are awesome. I have been using macrium though so that way I don't have to try to boot into macOS . <-- not sure if that made sense lol 

Did you do this manually or using a script/tool? 

I just used kext wizard ! :) I am at work right now will upload files later.

• Like 1

sh-3.2# python ryzen.py --volume /Volume/macOS
>>> Copying ./tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/Extensions/System.kext 
ditto: can't get real path for source './tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/Extensions/System.kext'
ditto: can't get real path for source './tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/Extensions/System.kext'
>>> Copying ./tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/* 
ditto: can't get real path for source './tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/*'
>>> Copying ./tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/* 
ditto: can't get real path for source './tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/*'
>>> Copying ./tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/Frameworks/System.framework/* 
ditto: can't get real path for source './tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/Frameworks/System.framework/*'
cp: ./tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/Kernels: No such file or directory
usage: cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvX] source_file target_file
       cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvX] source_file ... target_directory
/Volume/macOS - No such file or directory.

Please copy kernel file from /Volume/macOSSystem/Library/Kernels/kernel to /Extra/Kernels/ and Extra/.

This is what I get when starting the script... whats going on here?

sh-3.2# python ryzen.py --volume /Volume/macOS
>>> Copying ./tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/Extensions/System.kext 
>>> Copying ./tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/* 
ditto: can't get real path for source './tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/*'
>>> Copying ./tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/* 
ditto: can't get real path for source './tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/*'
>>> Copying ./tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/Frameworks/System.framework/* 
ditto: can't get real path for source './tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/Frameworks/System.framework/*'
cp: ./tmp/patcheR//ryzenFiles/RyzenEssentials/kernel_None_ryzen/Kernels: No such file or directory
usage: cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvX] source_file target_file
       cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvX] source_file ... target_directory
/Volume/macOS - No such file or directory.

Please copy kernel file from /Volume/macOSSystem/Library/Kernels/kernel to /Extra/Kernels/ and Extra/.

This is what I get when starting the script... whats going on here?

Are you logged into github before running script?