OS X Sierra on a Acer Travelmate P658-M-537B

TECH_ATTACK

34 posts in this topic

Hello,

ive just bought a new notebook for me. Its the Acer TravelMate P658-M-537B. Its a good piece of hardware with UMTS/LTE, non glossy FHD Display, very good batterie and good speed. In the past i installed OS X on many notebooks. Dell, Lenovo, Asus etc. All went fine, sometimes a little bit tricky, but i found a solution. Now, this Acer is really a hard thing.

Hardware:

CPU: Intel 6200u

GPU: Intel HD520

SSD: Kingston M.2 (AHCI)

WLAN: Intel (i know not working, will swap with DW1560)

I get a KP directly after hit enter in Clover. (See attached photo)

I use a Sierra installer with generic sets of kext/config.plist. But i cant even reach the installer. Most time i got a KP. Is someone here who knows what settings i have to use to install/use OS X on this notebook?

Thanks in advance

Greets

post-14529-0-76504000-1494410333_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

You can try set the config.plist specifically to your hardware, injecting the values for video and etc...

This trick works very good for me in others Laptops.  ;)

• Like 1

I dont know where i have to start. Its a blank configuartion only with FakeSmc.kext in Kext Folder. Like i said... i do not even reach the installer. I use many generic config.plsit... but always "no way".

• Like 1

@Allan 

Its a pandora installer USb Stick.

@MaLdon

THX. Tested.

Same issue. After hitting installer in Clover instant KP :(

Edit: I´ve found the reason. Seems to be clover is having problems with detecting amount of Ram. 

• Like 1

Statusupdate:

Working:

• Intel HD520
  • ALC 282 (newest Voodoo HDA, because I couldn't compile patched DSDT because of errors in MacIASL)
  • WLAN (Dell DW1560 with Clover injection and Kexts)
  • Hotkeys (brightness Keys are not working because they are on the arrow left and right keys)
  • Backlightcontrol (AppleBacklightInject)
  • Camera
  • LAN (i219V, with Mausi Kext, but a little buggy. At the moment Mausi Kext only providing initial support for i219V)
  • USB 3

Not Working:

• USB 3.1 (Thunderbolt 3, have to wait until Apple is selling a device with tb3)
  • PCIe CardReader 
  • Sleep (is auto waking after entering sleep)
  • Like 1

Hey, i did use the "3". All is working fine. Thank you a lot. :)

Sleep still not working, but not so important. Batterytime is better than under Windows. (over 10 Hours just with Office and Internet (WLAN))

• Like 1

Sleep is not working. After System is entering sleep it wakes instant. At the moment i use ACPUIBatteryManager.kext

So what do you mean with Battery and without Patch? What did you change in the "new" patched DSDT?

Greets

• Like 1

SSDTs? I dont use any (only ssdt.aml that are generated from script for CPU and a 2nd one for AppleBacklightInjection.

But THX, i will test the new DSDT from you.

Wow... hey i have to say. You are a genius. Sleep seems to be working. Wow.

Big Big THX. So i hope in future i can get a working USB 3.1 / Thunderbolt Port.

By the way, you are very good, do you know why its not possible to get Tunderbolt 3 / USB 3.1 get to work? The new Mac Pros using Thunderbolt 3 / USB 3.1 too, even same Chipset (Alpine Ridge).

Edited by TECH_ATTACK
  • Like 1