JaS.10.4.8.Intel.SSE3 Reports - laptop ONLY

weichen

128 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

Hey All,

So, pretty much total noob to OSx86, though I've been trying off and on to get it working on any of my several machines for the last 3 or 4 months...

Finally had some success with an "OSX86 Universal Installer" image I found on PRB ("MaC.OsX.10.4.5.Universal.Install.DVD(INTEL_AMD_SSE3_SSE2).iso") on my Gateway MT6831 notebook (meant to specifically check for compatible notebooks when buying mine, but I totally forgot and just went with cheapest/best value/speced/reviewed one, and for $599 I've been pretty happy with this beast), the installer booted and ran fine, and once I slipped in a clean HDD, I formatted it (3 partitions, does that matter?), installed, and rebooted...  it initially seems to boot fine, but it gets to "Starting Mac OS X" and a progress bar, and freezes there with little or no progress...   A qu

ck search turned up this year and a half old page with a very similar descriptio

( http://forum.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t16567.html ), and a search for similar Gateway models (MT6821-MT6841) turned up this post, where bpopilek and Phydeaux314 both have the MT6821

and have both had some degree of success...  so it seemed a good place to post m

issue...

I have the system.log and install.log files from /var/log available upon request, and when starting OS X up with the -v -x flags (verbose and safe mode) the visible lines before freeze are:

AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled
IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe: not found.
IOPCCardBridge::start failed
FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 803a PCI now active, GUID ; max speed s400.
Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCIO@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleAHCI/AppleAHCIPort@0/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDriver/ST910021AS Mediea/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1
BSD root:disk0s1, major 14, minor 1
Dec19 10:00:54 launchid: ioctl(SIOCAIFADDR ipv6): File exists
Checking disk
** /dev/rdisk0s1
** Root file system
**The volume OS X appears to be OK.
Mounting local filesystems
kern.sysv.shmmax: -1 -> 4194304
kern.sysv.shmmin: -1 -> 1
kern.sysv.shmmni: -1 -> 32
kern.sysv.shmseg: -1 -> 8
kern.sysv.shmall: -1 -> 1024
Resetting files and devices
Starting virtual memory
Removing /mach.sym /var/tmp/folders.* /etc/nologin /private/_tmp_ /var/_run_ /private/var/vm/swapfile0
\mach.sym
Configuring kernel extensions for safe boot
Jettisoning kernel linker.
Dec19 10:02:00 kextd[25]: registering service "com.apple.KernelExtensionServer"
Resetting IOCatalogue
Dec19 10:02:00 kextd[25]: 0 cached, 221 uncached personalities to catalog
GFX0: family specific matching fails
display:family specific matching fails
Matching service count = 2
Dec19 10:02:00 kextd[25]: can't find extension with id com.apple.iokit.IOUSBUserClient

and in non safemode, ie bootflag = -v, I'll skip some of it, but the bottom parts are:

IOPCCardBridge::start failed
USB caused wake event (EHCI)
FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 803a PCI now active, GUID 00xxx; max speed s400.
Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCIO@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleAHCI/AppleAHCIPort@0/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDriver/ST910021AS Mediea/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1
BSD root:disk0s1, major 14, minor 1
jnl: replay_journal: from: 1195008 to: 3695616 (joffset 0x102000)
Dec19 10:23:40 launchid: ioctl(SIOCAIFADDR ipv6): File exist
Checking disk
fsck_hfs: Volume is journaled.  No checking performed.
fsck_hfs: use the -f option to force checking.
Mounting local filesystems
Resetting IOCatalogue
Matching service count = 2
Matching service count = 5
Dec19 10:23:43 kextd[25]: 355 cached, 0 uncached personalities to catalog
AppleHDA.kext failed to load: unable to locate 'layout-id' property.

Hope someone can offer some help here, I was so excited, thinking I was about to be up and running! :-/  Thanks!

OK guys, I actually got this working, it turns out I didn't know I needed to select customize install to select appropriate patches and CPU make, once I fixed that it installed fine and boots up perfect... other than a few pieces of hardware I need to add support for, like ethernet and wifi and laptop keyboard and trackpad (but externals work fine). Now I just need to try and upgrade to leopard, maybe that'll even autofix some of the driver stuff, who knows! :-)