JaS.10.4.8.Intel.SSE3 Reports - laptop ONLY

weichen

128 posts in this topic

Ok Guys I hear you and I will take care of you guys.Don't worry about it :)

After I get this amd sse3 working , I will be releasing a ppf for the intel iso,to fix some issues.

I will remove the offending kexts so that your lappies can boot after the instal.

I just need the exact kext names.

Thx JaS.Wait for your good news.The sooner ,the better.

Ask a stupid question. How can we find out the exact kext ? from this pic?

Hi. I have Acer Travelmate 4672 Wlmi. I could install all older releases, including 10.4.8 with 10.4.4 kernel with no problem.

With new kernel I have to boot setup with cpus=1.

After setup I get kernel PANIC. (tried with cpus=1 and platform=x86pc)

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6479/gregort2300eb7.jpg

If any one have any IDEA?! Please help. I had to reinstall 10.4.6 over it, to get back my good OSX :).

Jas anyway you are still the man! You can not be responssible for our configurations.

Keep it gooing!

greetings

Edit:

I removed Radeon kexts and IOPCCard kext. It is working great now... Only had to edit com.apple.boot.plist with kernel flag cpus=1

Dell XPS M1210, similar to earlier poster but my machine has the GMA 950.

Installed with the usual options, only hiccup is that the DVD would not recognize my laptop's LCD on install. Had to use the old second monitor trick, and even then I only had half the screen to work with (forcing the graphics mode didn't work, still had alternate black lines).

FWIW, if you're ever installing and you can't see the bottom half of the screens (the buttons), the key sequence to customize and install is:

[select english] / Space / Tabx3 / Space / Tabx3 / Space / Tabx1 / Space / Tabx6 / Space / Tabx3 / Space

Once it installed GMA950 is up and running like normal:

QE+CI off boot

Sigmatel 9220 half-works (wrong output, internal speakers not functional),

Internal wireless OK after switching en0 --> en1

Note that both cores still don't fire. Even loaded DaemonES kernel, set my platform and FSB, still got the jitters. Stuck @ 1 core for now.

with the dell insprion e1505/6400, it wont boot the dvd. it'll load all the other kexts(im assuming, becuase I can hear the dvd spinning). seems to be only on the gma 950 e1505s(can you believe I stayed of dedicated graphics just for this?!!?!?!?!). just another thing... nice work JaS. I really appreciate it. :blink:

Toshiba A105-S4211

Installed Semthex kernel

Combo Update 10.4.8

GMA950

AppleAzaliaAudio

loginWindow (about this Mac crash fix)

Fixed the following components via kexts,etc. post install:

HDAudio (AppleAzaliaAudio)

PowerManagement Bundle

Intel Pro 10/100VE Internal NIC

Set FSB=133 in boot.plist

Everything seems to be working just fine with 10.4.8. I'm more or less at the same point I was with the JaS 10.4.7 release but now running off the new kernel :)

FWIW, I tried mifki's kernel but after the install the system kept rebooting. I had to disable dual core in the BIOS to get it up and running; plus closing the laptop did not put it to sleep correctly (Semthex works fine). Even though this is a relatively new laptop I guess some things aren't compatible with mifki...at the moment, anyway.

Hey Guys,

First and foremost.....JaS = Da Man!!!!

Secondly,

Specs:

Dell E1405 Core Duo

~ Downloaded the correct 10.4.8 DVD from JaS....

~ Burned it using DVDDecrypter....

~ Booted it from DVD-Rom....

~ Saw the Apple Logo....Then....*BOOM*

~ Nothing.....

*Sighs* *Weeps a little* *Signs again*

Will wait to see if anything knew....

Hey Guys,

First and foremost.....JaS = Da Man!!!!

Secondly,

Specs:

Dell E1405 Core Duo

~ Downloaded the correct 10.4.8 DVD from JaS....

~ Burned it using DVDDecrypter....

~ Booted it from DVD-Rom....

~ Saw the Apple Logo....Then....*BOOM*

~ Nothing.....

*Sighs* *Weeps a little* *Signs again*

Will wait to see if anything knew....

plug in an external monitor

Just a quick note from me... Tried on the Gateway MX6214 w/ Core Solo and the reseed (proper hash) and it gets to the blue screen, continues working and then just stops. Left it up for hours on end to see if it would ever work. It didn't so I can't say how this release will work once it installs and I haven't looked to find out what is causing the issue yet either.

All previous releases work on this machine.

I have my 8.8.1 kernel now up and running.

I removed Radeon kexts and IOPCCard kext. It is working great now... Only had to edit com.apple.boot.plist with kernel flag cpus=1

Also had to reinstall my Adobe package... :)

Err...forgive me stupidity.....what's 8.8.1?

Toshiba A70 laptop.

CPU Type: Mobile Intel Pentium 4 532, 3066 MHz (23 x 133)

System Memory: 896 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)

Disk Drive: TOSHIBA MK8025GAS (80 GB, 4200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)

Getting the "Still waiting for root device" error.

Also noticed near the beginning of the text....

ERROR: Couldn't read XML property list for multikext archive entry 135.

XML Parse Error: OSUnserializeXML: syntax error near line 1.

Installed on an IBM Thinkpad T60p, everything works exceptionally well with JaS 10.4.8 DVD (2nd Edition) using mifki's kernel.

Full 1600x1200 QE/CI support with the onboard FireGL v5200 (patched the ATiRadeonX1000.kext)

ALC882 HD Sound (patched AppleAzaliaAudio.kext)

Stuttering (set FSB correctly, no need to disable a core)

In order to boot after installation I did have to remove the following kexts:

ApplePCCardATA.kext

ApplePCCardATA16.kext

IOPCCardFamily.kext

....which was done by booting into windows (since I dual booted) and used MacDrive (allows Windows to read/write/delete anything on Mac disks)

No complaints here, works exactly how it did in 10.4.7....except I'd say a bit faster, especially in booting.

Installed on an IBM Thinkpad T60p, everything works exceptionally well with JaS 10.4.8 DVD (2nd Edition) using mifki's kernel.

Full 1600x1200 QE/CI support with the onboard FireGL v5200 (patched the ATiRadeonX1000.kext)

ALC882 HD Sound (patched AppleAzaliaAudio.kext)

Stuttering (set FSB correctly, no need to disable a core)

In order to boot after installation I did have to remove the following kexts:

ApplePCCardATA.kext

ApplePCCardATA16.kext

IOPCCardFamily.kext

....which was done by booting into windows (since I dual booted) and used MacDrive (allows Windows to read/write/delete anything on Mac disks)

No complaints here, works exactly how it did in 10.4.7....except I'd say a bit faster, especially in booting.

How did you set the FSB?I cant find whether it is stuttering.

I install the imovie .But when i select something to the clips ,it crash and quit.

Then a dialogue say the app quit unexpectedly everytime i open the app.

I remove the movie file and it can restart .But the same problem happen.

Both in the realplay and quicktime , there is no sound when playing the mov file.

In imovie and iPhoto , still no sound.

weichen, you set the front side bus in:

com.apple.Boot.plist which is located in \Library\Preferences\SystemConfiguration

Once you open it, there will be:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

Change the string line to fsb=166....so it should look like this:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>fsb=166</string>

Save, reboot.

Dell e1705

Core2Duo T7400 2.16ghz

Nvidia 7900 GS go

Using the new 10.4.8 install DVD. I was able to install fine. But had the following Issues.

Dual Cores does not function with any kernel out so far. I have to run cpus=1 in order to escape brutal stuttering.

Wireless - Dell 1390 Truemobile didn't work.

BuiltIn Ethernet - Broadcom based didn't work.

After hours of battling wireless issues where it would have see the card, I ended up installing fresh 10.4.6 and using wireless compatibilty package and then upgrading with the 10.4.8 new DVD. That brought up wireless fine, and just ended replacing the BCM kext in IONetworking with the 10.4.6 version and all is fine.

So only issue left is the dual cores not working.

Rage

Rage,

I'm stuck in the same boat with the 1390 and really don't want to start over. Do you think there might be some kexts you can send me from your current install that I can replace? Or is that something that you already tried?

I'd sure like to be able to patch this 10.4.8 without having to start from a lower version just to get my TrueMobile back.

Dell XPS M1710 Core 2 Duo (Merom)

Dual core does not work (stuttering issue, needs cpus=1)

Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx (ID 1600) does not work

Intel 3945ABG Wireless card does not work

nVidia 7900 GS works but is buggy, works perfectly with titan kext

Sigmatel 9200 HD audio does not work

Havent tested USB or firewire yet.

I tried the BCM5750(?) driver Ive seen posted in other threads...added my device ID but havent tried hexediting the driver. Ended up getting an ne0 interface, but was unable to use it and unable to change the MAC from 00:00:00:00:00:00. Attempts to change just said "network is down". I may try doing what others suggested and hexediting it at some point, but it definitely doesnt work out of the box.

I Was excited to see it running...but with no lan, sound, wireless, cant use it yet. I'll keep watch to see if my hardware is supported.

which patches have you installed?

with my d620 i get a grey screen at boot and i must poweroff, cpu intel core 2 duo

thanks

DELL D620

Can install and boot fine, however during the installation I had to select none for networking otherwise the installation process will certainly get slowed down to death.

No luck on getting wifi and some others to work though (didn't test it thoroughly enough). Back to Ubuntu for now. :)

DELL D620

Can install and boot fine, however during the installation I had to select none for networking otherwise the installation process will certainly get slowed down to death.

No luck on getting wifi and some others to work though (didn't test it thoroughly enough). Back to Ubuntu for now. smile.gif

i would like to know too! i currently tried to dual boot with the JaS 10.4.8 Intel SEE3 Only DVD and when i try to boot, i get the grey turn off and on screen... step by step would be nice starting from which type of formatting to do and the patches? thanks!

For those like me with laptops that only get a blue screen when booting from the DVD (needing an external monitor), but do not have an external monitor and do not want to risk warranty with the paperclip trick.. I'm going to do a post later tonight with a howto for a blind install from the DVD. I did one last night and it went without a hitch.