JaS.10.4.8.Intel.SSE3 Reports - laptop ONLY

weichen

128 posts in this topic

My Samsung X20 1730V Laptop boots the DVD and only displays "vesa 3.0 7 mb ram" concerning my Intel gma 900 onboard card and then decides to shutdown

HP Pavilion 8000 -> works perfectly (with the help from some patches): wifi, lan, gfx, usb2, even lightscribe on the DL-DVD burner!

HP nc8230 -> usable: no wifi, no lan, gfx works (the same as on the pavilion 8000), usb2 works, DVD burner works. Used a Ralink wifi-usb-dongle (d-link dwl-g122) for network connection/internet access.

Thinkpad t60p, works flawlessly with JaS 10.4.6 or 10.4.7 once some values in certain kexts minus the wireless (3945ABG :whistle: )are changed.

On the 10.4.8 reseed, installation is fine, as it has the kexts causing issues removed and uses 10.4.4. After installation, which works fine, I receive a kernel panic due to iopcicontroller.kext (i believe thats the exact name). There apparently is a workaround for this using the dvd to remove the problematic kext, but I haven't actually seen the method for removing it. Another user in the reseed thread had the same issue - everything worked for him once this kext is removed. I checked the md5 hash and it's the good iso.

JaS I really appreciate all the hard work and will definitely be donating to your mac fund. I first found your 10.4.6 installation and have since avoided posting any problems or questions, as using the search here and Google have always managed to give me the answer I needed. I just wanted to post my installation results.

Toshiba A-100 Core Solo

Modified some kext to have sound.

Added powermanagement bundle to have the battery gauge.

I've changed my mini-pci wifi card with a broadcom and it's working good since.

Everything works now. It's fast too.

Not working: PCMCIA

Thinkpad T60.

Installation is ok.Select the Jas 10.4.8.combo.update and Intel.SSE3.mifki.

After installation and rebbot , I receive a kernel panic (as show in this pic).Seem caused by the IOPCCard.kext.

I dont know how to remove the problematic kext , then everything stop here.

Ok Guys I hear you and I will take care of you guys.Don't worry about it :)

After I get this amd sse3 working , I will be releasing a ppf for the intel iso,to fix some issues.

I will remove the offending kexts so that your lappies can boot after the instal.

I just need the exact kext names.

Dell XPS M1210 (T5600, 7400Go)

Installed from JAS 2nd DVD.. While the installation, it was very slow and after installaion kernel panic or very slow on OSX... It's because of Dual Core.. Once I disabled dual core, it works flawlessly, but showed as Intel Core2 Solo processor.. lol.

For Titan, I don't have to choose other graphic option like GMA, ATI.. Once it's chosen, QE&CI doesn't work after titaned..

Sigmatel Sound works only with 1st Earphone jack.. No sound from speaker... The Mic on the webcam seems to work, but no webcam..

For those who met kernel panic with IOPCCARD blabla.. Try to disable your dual core on the BIOS, I have same problem.. With mono core, it works.. but with dual, I have a kernel panic with my bluetooth module..

Maybe your problem is same with it..

We need dual core fix for next kernel.. :)

dell e1505

2 ghz core duo

x1400 mobility pci-e

i had to leave the pci-e graphics option unchecked...locked at 1024x768 and no QE/CI, otherwise i would get the zebra stripes after install

minor stuttering with dual core enabled

xbench gives me a final 0 score, it "zeros" out on the part of the cpu test

possibly USB not working

DELL D620

Can install and boot fine, however during the installation I had to select none for networking otherwise the installation process will certainly get slowed down to death.

No luck on getting wifi and some others to work though (didn't test it thoroughly enough). Back to Ubuntu for now. :)

fixed the usb prob with the update off the apple site

added "cpus=1 idlehalt=0 fn=3" string to com.apple.boot.plist and it runs snappier with an 86 on the newest xbench

bluetooth file transfer is functional

sound sucks going through a turtle beach micro usb device, it worked fine with 10.4.7

Toshiba Satellite P100

Centrino Duo

Intel 945 Chipset

10.4.6 updated to 10.4.7 updated to 10.4.8 SSE3 Intel Patch

Everything works but networking/sound/wireless..so i have no internet...and after the 10.4.8 it dosnt recognise it as core cude, just 2x1 cpu 2ghz..

I want to install the semthex kernel so i can use titan and actualy use my geforce 7900.

Aresnalsam -

I've got the same machine. Which kernel did you use? My graphics card is different though, Got the GMA950 which I'm hoping will be more compatible.

TigerPilot - Can you leave some details about what you had to do to fix R2D2 and reload the GMA? Most of my installs so far from Jas on this machine have been mostly bug-free, I've been spoiled! Of course, that means I'm not sure what to do when the sucker doesn't boot right into the GUI...

Also, I assume all E1505 users are still disabling the 2nd core via the boot.plist? Any of you care to share your entire boot.plist?

Ok Guys I hear you and I will take care of you guys.Don't worry about it :wallbash:

After I get this amd sse3 working , I will be releasing a ppf for the intel iso,to fix some issues.

I will remove the offending kexts so that your lappies can boot after the instal.

I just need the exact kext names.

I'm on a thinkpad x60 and IOPCCard is the kext causing problems. I removed it and everything works (except for the about this mac button, but it just closes everything and restarts (kinda like when explorer crashes and you start another explorer.exe)). It's kinda choppy but that's probably cuz i didn't install gma950 as i was testing. Also, I think the USB package was causing me problems too, but you can just unselect that during a customized install... that's about it. thanks

Aresnalsam -

I've got the same machine. Which kernel did you use? My graphics card is different though, Got the GMA950 which I'm hoping will be more compatible.

Also, I assume all E1505 users are still disabling the 2nd core via the boot.plist? Any of you care to share your entire boot.plist?

i used the semthex kernel during install

here's the meat of the plist, but when i entered this exact resoulution, my end result is 1400x1050, which is fine with me

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>cpus=1 idlehalt=0 fn=3</string>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1680x1050x32</string>

DMK,

Unfortunately i am only running one CPU. :)

Here's a link that describes the problem I had, and the correct fix.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=30606

I'll go out on a limb and predict the Sigmatel 9200 problem will be resolved in about a week. How do I know that? That should be about the time my USB soundcard shows up in the mail. :help:

I'm on a thinkpad x60 and IOPCCard is the kext causing problems. I removed it and everything works (except for the about this mac button, but it just closes everything and restarts (kinda like when explorer crashes and you start another explorer.exe)). It's kinda choppy but that's probably cuz i didn't install gma950 as i was testing. Also, I think the USB package was causing me problems too, but you can just unselect that during a customized install... that's about it. thanks

How can this kext be removed after the installation? Anyone know?

Toshiba A105-4094

Can't install. Boots into installer, but all I get is the blue background. Seems like the installer is working in the background, but I just can't see it...

ASUS Z62F

945GM

GMA950

Same problem here. Still messing around with this one. f***.

ASUS Z62F

945GM

GMA950

Same problem here. Still messing around with this one. f***.

Same problem with Satellite A105-4211; however, I was able to get it working by connecting to an external monitor using the VGA out port to perform the setup.

Once setup was complete and the laptop rebooted I was able to use the laptop LCD display.

Oh, also using the Semthex kernel. Basic install works fine. I'm off to confirm what devices are working with the new kernel. Hope this helps.

rhino

Same problem with Satellite A105-4211; however, I was able to get it working by connecting to an external monitor using the VGA out port to perform the setup.

Once setup was complete and the laptop rebooted I was able to use the laptop LCD display.

Oh, also using the Semthex kernel. Basic install works fine. I'm off to confirm what devices are working with the new kernel. Hope this helps.

rhino

Awesome I'll give it a whirl tomorrow at work. I haven't found much documentation or such about which kernels are available. I'm used to Linux where I can find everything easier as far as documentation.... And when I pass "?" to the Darwin bootloader it seems just to give me a bunch of wrongly formatted config files, with line breaks after every character. Is there an online version or can someone give me more info about the config options available for Darwinboot?

Peace.