Problems Updating to macOS Sierra from Yosemite

15 posts in this topic

I've had a successful and functioning hackintosh for a while now. It's running Yosemite and has Clover as the boot loader. I want to update to Sierra but am having trouble doing so. I have updated my Clover to the latest version and put the mandatory boot lefts in their folder within the EFI partition. I run the Install macOS Sierra app and when the PC restarts I boot into the Installer partition with verbose to make sure nothing goes wrong. But it does go wrong. I get an error that says: "Error loading kernel cache (0x9)" I'm not sure what this means. Can anyone help me. Is there any way I can get to Sierra?

Specs:

CPU: i7 3770

Mobo: OEM Acer Board (MC605)

GPU: GTX 760 SC

Below is a video of me trying to boot into the update partition.

Also a note. I deleted OSXAptioFixDrv but kept OSXAptioFixDrv2 as it would give me another error when booting into the update partition. However now the option for me to boot into my existing Yosemite installation is gone. I'm not sure if these are related. Any help is appreciated.

Well I don't remember which ones I used when booting into my original Yosemite installation but I can't do that anymore. The ones I'm using for trying to boot into the installation are the default Clover ones as well as verbose and -f. It hasn't worked

I backed up what was needed and burned Niresh Sierra to a USB. I booted into the Sierra USB in Legacy Mode (Clover wouldn't work for some reason) with the argument cpus=1 as that's what I did with Yosemite. Now I have a new problem. I go through the setup process but when I press install I get the error: "No bless setting for a primary boot program was found". Any ideas on how to fix this. If I have the opportunity to install Sierra, I'd rather do that instead of reinstall Yosemite. 

If you still have problems with the installation, I suggest you use the .raw macOS images of Olarila Forum.

All of the images are clean, without mess  ;)

• Like 1