macos Sierra 10.12.4 mouse cursor disappears

cuncon

12 posts in this topic

I boot macos sierra 10.12.4 with enable nvidia webdriver. But mouse cursor only appears when I set cursor size is large.

Anyone can help?

Plz be specific, using which nVIDIA Web Driver?

• Like 1

378.05.05.05f02 (the latest for 10.12.4) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312525-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-sierra-update-04192017/

I am using Laptop Asus k43sj with graphic GT520M

ty

Whoaaa..  :lol: ur mach is similar with mine (A43SJ; as U can see on my signature). I remember this issue occurred while I was using macOS 10.12.4 16E195 also with nVIDIA Web Driver 375.05.05.05f02. Just use previous version (downgrade to 375.05.05.05f01 here) then it'll gone.

Also make sure that Nvidia Web Drivers are loaded by running these commands on Terminal.app:

kextstat | grep GeForce* NVD*

Here I am... the difference is I'm using 10.12.5 Beta (16F71b) now. Good luck!  :yes:

post-826765-0-47098900-1494173292_thumb.png

• Like 1

Whoaaa..  :lol: ur mach is similar with mine (A43SJ; as U can see on my signature). I remember this issue occurred while I was using macOS 10.12.4 16E195 also with nVIDIA Web Driver 375.05.05.05f02. Just use previous version (downgrade to 375.05.05.05f01 here) then it'll gone.

Also make sure that Nvidia Web Drivers are loaded by running these commands on Terminal.app:

Here I am... the difference is I'm using 10.12.5 Beta (16F71b) now. Good luck!  :yes:

Could you give me your EFI?

I tried 10.12.5 beta 5 with built-in graphic driver but I got the same problem

You are right. Now my mouse cursor is OK. many thanks to you.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ahhh. Your webcam works fine?

• Like 1

Could you give me your EFI?

I tried 10.12.5 beta 5 with built-in graphic driver but I got the same problem

You are right. Now my mouse cursor is OK. many thanks to you.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ahhh. Your webcam works fine?

Good. :) Nothing special with my EFI. And it' s maybe useless if we're using different BIOS version (ACPI related).

For a working WebCam, use CamTwist here; we need to also run it while running Photo Booth, FaceTime etc.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Is_the/are_the cursor icons (small -> large) stored somewhere accessible in S/L, and if yes, would it be possible to try substituting the larger ones with the smaller ones to see if that would get around the disappearing small cursor problem?

(The webdriver solution above doesn't suit here as I'm using Enoch as boot loader)

Is_the/are_the cursor icons (small -> large) stored somewhere accessible in S/L, and if yes, would it be possible to try substituting the larger ones with the smaller ones to see if that would get around the disappearing small cursor problem?

(The webdriver solution above doesn't suit here as I'm using Enoch as boot loader)

from ur Preferences, under Security & Privacy try check "Disable automatic login".

from ur Preferences, under Security & Privacy try check "Disable automatic login".

Thanks for suggestion - just tried that - cursor still missing unless cursor size increased in Accessibility, as in screenshot 

Is there no way to substitute smaller cursor icon for the larger ones in S/L, or edit a cursor .plist etc.?

post-322033-0-71020000-1500295569_thumb.jpg

Thanks for suggestion - just tried that - cursor still missing unless cursor size increased in Accessibility, as in screenshot 

Is there no way to substitute smaller cursor icon for the larger ones in S/L, or edit a cursor .plist etc.?

Try latest Web Driver for Sierra then, but after updated to 10.12.5 (or 10.12.6 public soon)

Try latest Web Driver for Sierra then, but after updated to 10.12.5 (or 10.12.6 public soon)

I haven't tried web drivers before - which boot flags will I need with chameleon plist? nv_disable=0 ? Or the 'inject' one?