VoodooTSCSync Configurator, create a custom version of voodoo tsc sync

42 posts in this topic

ok, i need to update this app for the newer cpus, can you give me a list of the socket 2066 cpus with threads and core count and a list of thread ripper cpus with core and thread count?

i need that to create  new templates in the app

Some news for you, i have added a lot of cpus from the new amd and intel lineups including upcoming new socket am4 cpus like ryzen pro and new apus and also thread ripper processors, i have also done some small UI improvements

Download the beta preview here:

Try it and let me know, if there is something to fix or to improve

• Like 3

So, if you have not found anything wrong, confirm the latest beta version as a new release, i the only change i have done over the beta is to update version and build numbers, did you find anything wrong with the new templates?

ok, files has been updated, here is the link of the new version from the downloads 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/744-voodootscsync-configurator/

you can downloads it also using the link on the first post

Changelog:

• - Added Ryzen pro cpus templates
  • - Added Socket am4 apu and athlon cpus templates
  • - Added Ryzen Threadripper cpus templates
  • - Added socket 2066 cpu templates
  • - Added kabylake pentium cpus with ht template
  • - Minor UI improvements
  • - "Back" button in the manual info.plist editor has been improved

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
30 minutes ago, Singa said:

Hi, its doesn`t working on xeon e5 2620v3, kllisre x99z v102, macOS - Mojave. Panic - "Failed to start CPU02, rebooting.... CPU halted", "BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown"

Doesn't surprises me, the version of the kext that the app ships with is old, you can always import the most recent kext and modify it with the app and do a custom configuration by using the number of threads for your cpu as the configuration option

4 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Doesn't surprises me, the version of the kext that the app ships with is old, you can always import the most recent kext and modify it with the app and do a custom configuration by using the number of threads for your cpu as the configuration option

I type 11, becouse I have 12 threads, but it doesn`t worksng(((

you don't need the -no_compat_check and this attached here is the copy of voodootsmcsync that i use for my i7 5820k, so if it doesn't work that a problem with your bootloader config file or you need to use a custom dsdt/ssdt to address potential issues caused by the motherboard.

I have the same kernel panic as yours btw but when trying to boot big sur and without the messange about cpu 2, catalina works just fine.

VoodooTSCSync.kext.zip

31 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

you don't need the -no_compat_check and this attached here is the copy of voodootsmcsync that i use for my i7 5820k, so if it doesn't work that a problem with your bootloader config file or you need to use a custom dsdt/ssdt to address potential issues caused by the motherboard.

I have the same kernel panic as yours btw but when trying to boot big sur and without the messange about cpu 2, catalina works just fine.

VoodooTSCSync.kext.zip

Not working, most likely I need to deal with dsdt/ssdt as you said(

5 minutes ago, Singa said:

Not working, most likely I need to deal with dsdt/ssdt as you said(

Also check that virtual smc or fake smc (whatever you use) are loaded and working since the kernel panic lists the apple smc driver in the backtrace.

for virtualsmc make sure to have the latest kext and the latest lilu with the required efi driver and that the kext injection is added to clover or that you have the kexts in your config file if you are using open core.

4 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Also check that virtual smc or fake smc (whatever you use) are loaded and working since the kernel panic lists the apple smc driver in the backtrace.

for virtualsmc make sure to have the latest kext and the latest lilu with the required efi driver and that the kext injection is added to clover or that you have the kexts in your config file if you are using open core.

I think that if it was not so, then the system would not boot at all, and so it boots only with 1 core