VoodooTSCSync Configurator, create a custom version of voodoo tsc sync

42 posts in this topic

Hi guys i am releasing to you my new mac app, this app can be used to edit or create custom versions of the voodoo tsc sync kext, i have created it because i have seen many times peoples having troubles in finding the right version of voodoo tsc sync for their cpu, so i created a mac app that lets to edit or create a voodoo tsc kext and configure it for your system, i have included 3 ways to edit the kext:

1) configure using one of the existing templates (just chose one of the cpu models listed)

2) specifying the number of cores

3) manually editing the info.plist of the kext using the editor (still experimental, needs some improvements)

This app uses a copy of the VoodooTSCSync in his Resourches folder, or you can open an existing version of VoodooTSC and edit it, there are some other useful features to discover, and new ideas are also welcome to improve this program, i know that with a plist editor you can do what this app does, but this is designed to be more user friendly than editing a plist file manually and just for accomplish the task of configuring this kext for your machines without looking on the web for that specific pre-configured version you need, just download this program and follow a few steps.

Download:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/68e5nd85rf3wjko/VoodooTSCSync%20Configurator.zip

Download from insanelymac downloads:

http://www.insanelymac.com/…/744-voodootscsync-configurator/

System requirements: Any mac or hackintosh with Mac OS X Yosemite or more recent mac os x version

EDIT: New update available, new graphics design and amd support added, the link is the same as before

post-1390153-0-27031500-1493808552_thumb.png

• Like 11

Thank you for your work.

I had to modify that kext myself for my CPU. I only changed that one value (number of cores). And it works.

I am wondering now, if I was supposed to change something else as well?

• Like 1

Thank you for your work.

I had to modify that kext myself for my CPU. I only changed that one value (number of cores). And it works.

I am wondering now, if I was supposed to change something else as well?

no, you do not have to do anything else, just follow the 3 steps: chose a source, edit it, and export it, but i think that this app needs some redesign, this is just a temporary gui 

Great work Thanks !

Would it be painful to do a version including  AMD Processors as well,  or even a separate one ?

i can create a version dedicated to VoodooTSCSync AMD, by just do a few modifications to the actual app, but i want to develop an unique app to do everything, currently am working on the redesign of this app, i am implementing a new design that is more simple to use, but old design will still be available

• Like 2

which simplifies the manual modification of the info.plist
an AMD version would be cool, very good job ITzTravelnTime :)

• Like 2

which simplifies the manual modification of the info.plist

an AMD version would be cool, very good job ITzTravelnTime :)

thank you very much, I will work to include AMD VooodooTSCSync support, I will take in consideration all the ideas of all of you that replayed, right now I am working to the new design, and amd support will be added after that (for that I need to do some research before, something like collecting some info for amd templates and see which modifications the amd version of VoodooTSCSync needs in info.plist)

thank you very much, I will work to include AMD VooodooTSCSync support, I will take in consideration all the ideas of all of you that replayed, right now I am working to the new design, and amd support will be added after that (for that I need to do some research before, something like collecting some info for amd templates and see which modifications the amd version of VoodooTSCSync needs in info.plist)

If you need any information, do not hesitate. I am sure that all user will help. I can send you the source as well as a modified VoodooTSCsyncAMD.kext, which we have used for ryzen cpu

• Like 2

Great work Thanks !

Would it be painful to do a version including 

Intel Core I7-2600K 3400MHz 8MB Cache LGA1155

for you that asked for sandy bridge i7, i have added a generic template for socket 115X cpus that requires voodoo tsc sync, you can also see in the picture a little preview of the color scheme of the new graphics

EDIT: just to be clear i have added it in the new version i will release soon

post-1390153-0-42999800-1493846367_thumb.png

If you need any information, do not hesitate. I am sure that all user will help. I can send you the source as well as a modified VoodooTSCsyncAMD.kext, which we have used for ryzen cpu

the new design of the voodoo tsc sync configurator app, is almost finished (i have just to finish building the xml plist editor and fix some bugs and errors) so i want to start to do some research on voodoo tsc sync for amd, so i need a copy of voodoo tsc sync for amd standard and a ryzen modded copy, and then someone to explain to me witch mods are necessary in the info.plist for those kexts

• Like 1

the new design of the voodoo tsc sync configurator app, is almost finished (i have just to finish building the xml plist editor and fix some bugs and errors) so i want to start to do some research on voodoo tsc sync for amd, so i need a copy of voodoo tsc sync for amd standard and a ryzen modded copy, and then someone to explain to me witch mods are necessary in the info.plist for those kexts

No problem, I send later the message and source code to your mail box .

• Like 1

No problem, I send later the message and source code to your mail box .

thank you, and I have done so small research and it seems that, you can already use voodoo tsc sync for amd on the actual version of my program, you need just to rename it to VoodooTSCSync.kext and then use it as custom source in the 1st step

• Like 1

Hi guys i am releasing to you my new mac app, this app can be used to edit or create custom versions of the voodoo tsc sync kext, i have created it because i have seen many times peoples having troubles in finding the right version of voodoo tsc sync for their cpu, so i created a mac app that lets to edit or create a voodoo tsc kext and configure it for your system, i have included 3 ways to edit the kext:

1) configure using one of the existing templates (just chose one of the cpu models listed)

2) specifying the number of cores

3) manually editing the info.plist of the kext using the editor (still experimental, needs some improvements)

This app uses a copy of the VoodooTSCSync in his Resourches folder, or you can open an existing version of VoodooTSC and edit it, there are some other useful features to discover, and new ideas are also welcome to improve this program, i know that with a plist editor you can do what this app does, but this is designed to be more user friendly than editing a plist file manually and just for accomplish the task of configuring this kext for your machines without looking on the web for that specific pre-configured version you need, just download this program and follow a few steps.

Download:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/68e5nd85rf3wjko/VoodooTSCSync%20Configurator.zip

System requirements: Any mac or hackintosh with Mac OS X Yosemite or more recent mac os x version

yes the tool performs the process, I've searched for the VoodooTSCsyncAMD and activated the 6 cores and get the correct value back.

I will test later the VoodooTSCsyncAMD on my hackintosh

<key>IOCPUNumber</key>
<integer>5</integer>
</dict>
  • Like 2

This looks cool and anything we can do to improve Ryzen power management functions would be great.    Could we possibly get side stepping working with this?

Click the upper link and start the app, he has now inserted all the important points into the tool, it works. A tool for people who have no like to make a manually modification, but Good Job

• Like 1

Ok the new version of the app is close to be ready, the new design is finished and it just needs some more testing and bug fixing and also features you are asking for has been added.

You can download a BETA preview here: https://dl.dropboxus...urator BETA.zip

Changelog:

- Amd support!

- New design that allows to do all the things that are used to do before in a more easy way (the old design still avalible in the same app, with the amd support added )

- New XML code editor for the info.plist

- Huge improvements and bug fix

- XML checking system for info.plit

Please note that this is an unstable beta version, so keep in mind that it may have some bugs, so give me feedback and keep me updated.

Huge thanks to spakk for his huge help during the development process.

• Like 1

The new version of VoodooTSCSyncConfigurator is ready!

Changelog:

- Amd support!

- New design that makes this app very simple to use now

- New XML code editor for the info.plist manual editing

- New templates added, including templates for AMD

- XML checking system for info.plist text

- "About VoodooTSCSync AMD" item added in the tool bar menù

You can download it here:

Try it and give me feedback for future improvements

Thanks to spakk for helping me during testing and the help me to add amd support to the new version (including amd templates)

You can also see some pictures of it attached to this post

post-1390153-0-11288900-1494513004_thumb.png

post-1390153-0-26173000-1494513019_thumb.png

post-1390153-0-08555300-1494513041_thumb.png

post-1390153-0-54270900-1494513057_thumb.png

post-1390153-0-72021000-1494513088_thumb.png

post-1390153-0-99104400-1494513101_thumb.png

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

The new version of VoodooTSCSyncConfigurator is ready!

Changelog:

- Amd support!

- New design that makes this app very simple to use now

- New XML code editor for the info.plist manual editing

- New templates added, including templates for AMD

- XML checking system for info.plist text

- "About VoodooTSCSync AMD" item added in the tool bar menù

You can download it here:

Try it and give me feedback for future improvements

Thanks to spakk for helping me during testing and the help me to add amd support to the new version (including amd templates)

You can also see some pictures of it attached to this post

This app is great! Thank you for this. Ive tried multiple times to get voodootscsync to work with my AMD 8350, but have never been successful at getting it to work correctly. until now :) Much appreciated 

• Like 3

This app is great! Thank you for this. Ive tried multiple times to get voodootscsync to work with my AMD 8350, but have never been successful at getting it to work correctly. until now :) Much appreciated 

thank you, I am happy to hear that my work helped you so much, those are things that every developer wants to see, thank you

• Like 2

• 1 month later...