Sierra install with Intel 7700K + MSI Z270M Mortar [SUCCESS!]

alexdi

50 posts in this topic

I'm new to this, I hope you'll forgive some novice questions. The system:

Intel 7700K

MSI Z270M

2 x 16GB RAM

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

I installed UB (open to using a different Clover install mechanism) to a flash drive, booted, and set a fake CPU ID of 0x0506E3. The install fails almost immediately, transitioning from an Apple logo to a circle with a line through it. Verbose mode says "AllocateRelocBlock Error," which led me here:

https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/

That's as far as I've gotten. I'm not sure how to edit the Clover version on the USB drive. Can someone point me in the right direction? I've gone through a lot of posts, but most of them seem to address how to fix problems after the installation. Thanks!

• Like 1

Is the Clover installer supposed to go on the same bootable Sierra install USB stick? If so, this is to the "OSX Flash Drive" destination? It gives me an error that says it may be incompatible.

• Like 1

OK. My system refuses to boot from the resulting disk. I did:

* Disk Utility -> erase, format as GUID Mac Journaled, named USB

* Run Flash utility -> drag mounted USB to utility -> drag "Install Sierra.app" to utility -> Enter -> Enter password -> Enter

* Run Clover package -> install to OSX Flash Drive -> "OK"

* Open OSX Flash Drive \ EFI \ Clover -> copy contents of "Clover Installation.zip" -> paste, replace all 

It sees the USB stick, but repeatedly bypasses it to go to the drive that still has Windows on it. Picture attached.

post-1190785-0-28658800-1493495766_thumb.png

• Like 1

Ah, OK. I was missing the customization step. It boots now! Most of the installation works, but when I select DHCP as my internet connection, the install fails with: "failed to send exception exc_corpse_notify". About to try a different option. EDIT-- finished OK with 'no internet' selected. About to follow the rest of your guide, we'll see how far I get. Definitely wouldn't have managed this without your input! Thanks!

• Like 1

Wait bro

send me files

-Post ur full Clover folder with original tables, press F4 in Clover Boot Screen, files generate in Clover/Acpi/origin
-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer
-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop
  • Like 1

OK. That may take a minute. I installed NIC drivers and rebooted. Worked. Installed nVidia's latest Mac drivers, then shut down and installed my 1060. Saw some verbose text, then both my screens went black. May have to take it out again.

• Like 1

EDIT: OK, got everything. The EFI directory disappeared until I ran Clover Configurator to mount it.

So, with that flag, I can now see one of two screens from the 1060. It's running at 1280x1024 with a fair bit of graphical corruption at the login screen. 

Uh oh. I installed FakeSMC, Audio, and USB from your other post. Now it's bootlooping. It gets to a point where it shows "System uptime in nanoseconds", then restarts.

Send me David’s iMac.zip

CLOVER.zip

origin.zip

David’s iMac.ioreg.zip

• Like 1

Intel HD is already disabled and that driver is already installed. (Which is why it was super odd that the driver didn't seem to help.)

I can't get to the GUI to do anything. I can pull the drive, attach it to another Mac, and copy the Clover directory over, but I'm not sure what to do with Olarila?

• Like 1