• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

twf1985

twf1985

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:I build websites and enjoy learning new programming languages.

I've been trying to follow the progress on the current Ryzen kernel being developed by Bronya and Co, and I keep seeing people say that it's "not working" for FX processors.

This is very, very confusing to me. The two architectures are so different from one another, why would anyone expect the same kernel to work on them both? I surprised some people are having success at all, given things like the SenseMI tech, so it seems to me that trying to get one kernel to work on non-Ryzen systems is counterproductive.

I have a feeling I'm just not understanding something basic, and rather than post (again) in the development thread, I hoped someone would take pity on me and answer here. Thank you in advance for reading/replying.

0000-1248

0000-1248

InsanelyMac Shekelmeister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:OSx86 Project, Computer Hardware, Archaeology, Paleontology, Pink Floyd

Well maybe people are confused since the Legacy Kernel supported multiple AMD architectures, as well as Pentium ones. On the other hand, perhaps these people are just testing because science.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ryzen, hackintosh, amd

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy