Lenovo T530 Shutdown reboot error

Slino

9 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

when I shutdown my laptop it reboots. The CLOVER Shutdown patch is not working, I ticked the box. I use ElCapitan 10.11.6  

Lenovo ThinkPad T530 ~ Mainboard: 24296MG ~ RAM: 4 GB  
OS X: El Capitan 10.11.6 ~ Clover v2.3k r3688
i5-3210M @ 2.50GHz 
Intel HD Graphics 4000    (Display: 1366 x 768) 
WIFI: EDIMAX EW-7811Un (USB)

I am currently using a kind of random CLOVER folder. There are just 2 things not working:

(1) Shutdown, it reboots instead.
(2) Sleep works 100% only if executed by Apple Menu click “Sleep” sound is available after wake up. (When closing Display of Laptop it is sleeping, laptop awakes when opening display, but there is no sound after) Strange thing that it makes a difference when Sleep executed by Apple menu or by closing Display.

The DSDT in patched folder (CLOVER/ACPI/patched ) I think is not patched from origin.
I now pressed F4 in CLOVER menu for the origin DSDT. @MaLd0n I saw you fixed the shutdown issue for another guy here. You might can have a look at my system as well please and check the origin DSDT?

Kind regards

Slino

Thank you for the file. I just tried it, its not working. With your CLOVER folder there is still the Shutdown ERROR (rebooting) + Audio not available + Brightness adjustment not available + Battery info not available.

Pictures:

My CLOVER folder

myCLOVER.png

Your Clover Folder:

YourCLOVERfolder.png

• Like 1

Thank you for the file. I just tried it, its not working. With your CLOVER folder there is still the Shutdown ERROR (rebooting) + Audio not available + Brightness adjustment not available + Battery info not available.

That was a preview, if your shutdown are been fixed. The others "fixes" like brightness and etc, will be done in the future.

But, use the MaLd0n fixes, I have sure that will work for you, this guy is a genius  ;)

• Like 1

Thats awesome :) you fixed the Shutdown. The Laptop stay off after Shutdown executed. I tried now about 8 times. Thank you so much. I forgot about that. Strange you make it working with CLOVER size of 10mb. Before I had 23MB.

Now there is just the Sleep issue left, when closing Display. I did this 3 tests (I reboot Laptop after every test):

(1) Sleep by Apple menu → Sleep
Sleep works correctly. Just the moon at Laptop keeps flashing even if Laptop is awake (see end of video). No other issues. Sound working. 

(2) Closing Display of Laptop
Sleep is not working. The only thing happening is that Display go off. 

(3) Sleep by Apple menu → Sleep and closing Display of Laptop after Sleep active
After wake up the sound is not working. Moon keeps flashing even awake. 

Video to (1)  (I think you do not hear the sound of video (1), but it works.)

Video to (3) 
  • Like 1

for sound after sleep, use codec commander in S/L/E, not in clover folder, try it

CodecCommander.kext.zip

put kext in s/l/e and run KextUtility

Kext Utility.app.zip

Sleep

-Run in Terminal

sudo log erase --all

-Reboot

-Put micro in sleep and reproduce the problem

log show --predicate 'process == "kernel"' --start "`date -v -10M "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"`"

and

log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"
  • Like 1

Strange you make it working with CLOVER size of 10mb. Before I had 23MB.

I've removed some stuffs that you'll never use, look:

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 19.06.49.png

We have (in some parts) the same hardware. I use a Lenovo G480, with a i5 3210M, Intel HD 4000 etc....

I only did for you, what works with me  ;)

-Run in Terminal

sudo log erase --all

I accidently put CommanderCodec.kext in Library/Extensions and start Kext Utility.app   Didn’t see that there is /Library/System/Extensions

I now deleted it from Library/Extensions and put it in /Library/System/Extensions and start Kext Utility.app again. "CommanderCodec.kext" from CLOVER folder is removed.

When I open terminal and type in command “sudo log erase --all” I get an ERROR command not found. 

ScreenShot2017-04-27at5.29.27PM.png

ScreenShot2017-04-27at5.25.46PM.png