[GUIDE] EL Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel LGA 775 motherboards / DSDT

MaLd0n
911 posts in this topic

Hello! Thanks for your guide here. very useful. Was able to get the installer to load by swapping out memfix for the osx_aptio-free2000 as the memfix efi in your clover file causes the installer to not load and spits out a long trail of ’slide’ messages, then halts with something about too many slides of 0/256 or something. From there, had to use slide=0, because otherwise would say something about random seed or something each attempt and hang and never start loading. This is the only adjustment I made to anything. Your clover file, when swapped for the 2000 free efi with slide=0, allows verbose readout to run smoothly and almost to completion and then turns into the final apple logo and progress bar right before the interface/menu would appear, and hangs cold with a short bar movement. interface and menus never appear.Any suggestions? Thank you!

-MSI x99A Raider mobo

Edited by ididit86

3 hours ago, ididit86 said:

Hello! Thanks for your guide here. very useful. Was able to get the installer to load by swapping out memfix for the osx_aptio-free2000 as the memfix efi in your clover file causes the installer to not load and spits out a long trail of ’slide’ messages, then halts with something about too many slides of 0/256 or something. From there, had to use slide=0, because otherwise would say something about random seed or something each attempt and hang and never start loading. This is the only adjustment I made to anything. Your clover file, when swapped for the 2000 free efi with slide=0, allows verbose readout to run smoothly and almost to completion and then turns into the final apple logo and progress bar right before the interface/menu would appear, and hangs cold with a short bar movement. interface and menus never appear.Any suggestions? Thank you!

-MSI x9-A Raider mobo

hardware full specs?

2 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

hardware full specs?

My apologies. 

MSI x99A Raider mobo 

5820K CPU

GTX 970

16GB Crucial Ballistix ram

i can also put things back and give you exact hanging point verbose screenshots if helpful.

1 hour ago, ididit86 said:

My apologies. 

MSI x99A Raider mobo 

5820K CPU

GTX 970

16GB Crucial Ballistix ram

i can also put things back and give you exact hanging point verbose screenshots if helpful.

u can use it

dont use dsdt, use only clover folder

1 hour ago, MaLd0n said:

u can use it

dont use dsdt, use only clover folder

Thank you.

So here is what I did and what I faced. Picture #1 depicts the crash with only using the clover folder you referred me to above. I tried multiple times with your clover folder untouched with the same hang. So I removed the Aptiodrv64.efi from your folder and put in this: OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi from NickWoodham’s website. Then the hang changed to hanging right at the line of plus signs. I tried adding slide=0. Still didn’t work. I then also added his Test2.efi from his same post. Now each boot ends in the “couldn’t allocate runtime area” or the plus sign hang (pictures 2 and 3). Have tried multiple usb 2 and usb 3 ports.

Uploading pictures here won’t work, so here are the links.

https://ibb.co/dnCOOy
https://ibb.co/bXfzwJ
https://ibb.co/nk5XGJ

I went ahead and put your recommended Clover folder back on the install USB and will continue experimenting with boot flags and looking into this as much as I can. With no extra files added, your clover folder is simply giving me the “couldn’t allocate runime area” hang presently.

14 minutes ago, ididit86 said:

I went ahead and put your recommended Clover folder back on the install USB and will continue experimenting with boot flags and looking into this as much as I can. With no extra files added, your clover folder is simply giving me the “couldn’t allocate runime area” hang presently.

try

CLOVER.zip

26 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

Thank you very much for so much of your time on my behalf my friend. It hangs at the plus sign line still, unfortunately. Any ideas are always welcome and I will keep grinding this. If I get it figured out I will for sure post here to add a way to get this MB to work with High Sierra.

Just now, ididit86 said:

Thank you very much for so much of your time on my behalf my friend. It hangs at the plus sign line still, unfortunately. Any ideas are always welcome and I will keep grinding this. If I get it figured out I will for sure post here to add a way to get this MB to work with High Sierra.

post one photo

Hello Maldon

How can I check this:

On 6/5/2017 at 1:04 AM, ricoc90 said:

X86PlatormPlugin::PublishACPIStates - Failed to get max non-turbo PState. Set max non-turbo PState to default value 1
X86PlatormPlugin::GotCPUCStates - Unexpected data for C2
X86PlatormPlugin::GotCPUCStates - Unexpected data for C3
Failed to find sleep policy for this platform! Disabling deep sleep.
Standby delay is not specified! Defaulting to 0x1060
ErP Timer is not specified! Defaulting to 0x7080
X86PlatormShim::SendPStates - Success!
X86PlatormShim::SendStepper - Stepper dictionary from plist is NULL!
X86PlatormShim::Start - Failed to send stepper

Thanks

Hello, my PC is mount.

A GA-945gcm-s2c (BIOS version F6d) with intel core 2 duo e8500, 4 gb DDR2, a leadtek px 9800 gt 1 gb ddr3. An IDE dvd reader and a sata hdd. Do you think it's possible to dual boot Windows 8.1/10 and Hight Sierra on my config (on the same hhd) ?

For the moment I Don't try, but I just read that the 9800 gt with hight sierra or sierra Don't work natively, and it's neccessary to use fake bios iMac 14,2.

Thanks

1 hour ago, xatow said:

Hello, my PC is mount.

A GA-945gcm-s2c (BIOS version F6d) with intel core 2 duo e8500, 4 gb DDR2, a leadtek px 9800 gt 1 gb ddr3. An IDE dvd reader and a sata hdd. Do you think it's possible to dual boot Windows 8.1/10 and Hight Sierra on my config (on the same hhd) ?

For the moment I Don't try, but I just read that the 9800 gt with hight sierra or sierra Don't work natively, and it's neccessary to use fake bios iMac 14,2.

Thanks

yes

work

but use dual boot in 2 hds, better n' easy

Hello,

I have install macOS high sierra on my hdd, But I can't boot on the hdd. Clover shows the option but when i selected, there is a freeze (If I click a on an another touch, there is a bios screen with efi option but my motherborad Don't support this feature).

Can you give me the parameters of your ga-945gcm-s2c ?

3 hours ago, xatow said:

Hello,

I have install macOS high sierra on my hdd, But I can't boot on the hdd. Clover shows the option but when i selected, there is a freeze (If I click a on an another touch, there is a bios screen with efi option but my motherborad Don't support this feature).

Can you give me the parameters of your ga-945gcm-s2c ?

use boot0ss in ESP

MaLd0n 2018-05-29 às 12.17.39.png

MaLd0n 2018-05-29 às 12.17.46.png

49 minutes ago, xatow said:

I finally install el capitan but only work when I put nv_disable=1. The leadtek px9800gt 1 gb is not finally pretty good, have you an idea ? Thanks

send me files, i'll check

RunMe.app.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I finally install High Sierra last version. But the same problem with graphic card; if I create the media with ##### the graphic card is in "about mac" but is not working yet (without nv_disable=1).

I install High Sierra with your procedure and execute your runme.app

Send me Alexs-iMac.zip

Edited by xatow

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:43 PM, MaLd0n said:

send me files, i'll check

RunMe.app.zip

Hello, I've try with npci=0x2000 as you say to passoporto for his 9800 gt but there was no différences. After that I change an option on the bios, PCI to PEG and now the about mac section recognize my leadtek px 9800 gt 1 gb (without the media creation with the tool of tonny). But Always the same problem, the screen shows "no signal".

I follow replace the nvidiastartup kext on my High Sierra installation by a kext of el capitan as they said on few tutorials. Now the PC boot without nv_disable=1 but it's the same, I think the render is Always do by the cpu.

I think there is no importance but the card has just 2 dvi ports, and to connect to my tv i use a cable dvi to hdmi who works fully (the resolution and frequence is good on Windows).

Thanks

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:22 AM, MaLd0n said:

u need InjectNvidia and npci=0x2000

I've already do this....

Do you think the problem can come from the gma 950 ? There is no bios option to disable this feauture.

Thanks

Dear MaLdOn,

I think my Ga-965p-ds3+ E5450 almost success but it lost display. I know there was a patch for display order, but I forgot how to fix it. 

Can you give me a hand? ( hint of a link or ...)

By the way. About Mojave, is it possible to install on normal iMac 2009 late? (My old Mac   :) .   )

I know somebody make a patch for High Sierra in case of old machines which do not has SSE 4.1.

Cheers.