[GUIDE] EL Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel LGA 775 motherboards / DSDT

MaLd0n
911 posts in this topic

CLOVER.zip

don't forget, its mostly yours ;)

very good SATA-Hacks, indeed!

btw, a good friend of mine and a great Guitar-Player comes from Mozambique, i helped him a couple of years ago to finish gis first cd on this machine...  his name is "Cremildo De Caifaz", you can find him on youtube or his album i was involved on iTunes, but he did not load it up, it was some unknown person, he informed already a lawyer...

• Like 1

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

don't forget, its mostly yours ;)

very good SATA-Hacks, indeed!

btw, a good friend of mine and a great Guitar-Player comes from Mozambique, i helped him a couple of years ago to finish gis first cd on this machine...  his name is "Cremildo De Caifaz", you can find him on youtube or his album i was involved on iTunes, but he did not load it up, it was some unknown person, he informed already a lawyer...

Check, replace full folder, reboot

CLOVER.zip

extract new ioreg after reboot

ohh, great job

• Like 1

Yes, this guy is fantastic! What i don't like: I plugged the backup-drive in and its like the old days! The disk is not recognised but Firewire works, huuh! Bluetooth at the moment not at all

Anyway, i reboot !!!

doesn't solve it, firewire works, disk utility stopped, i don't know...

Your CLOVER and DSDT i got first with Firewire-Audio wood be a dream..

is it possible, that two Clover-Partitions at the same time make trouble? I have yours and as i told in my first post, my old one on the HD. Just to think about, maybe  :huh:

• Like 1

Yes, this guy is fantastic! What i don't like: I plugged the backup-drive in and its like the old days! The disk is not recognised but Firewire works, huuh! Bluetooth at the moment not at all

Anyway, i reboot !!!

doesn't solve it, firewire works, disk utility stopped, i don't know...

Your CLOVER and DSDT i got first with Firewire-Audio wood be a dream..

is it possible, that two Clover-Partitions at the same time make trouble? I have yours and as i told in my first post, my old one on the HD. Just to think about, maybe  :huh:

What disk is not recognize? Esata?

Hi MaLd0n,

i´m back again, did what you told me (save as) and in the following pop-up-window pressed "save" for the first time... (the question is a little bit misleading, because i did "save as" before...).

Anyway, i think, now it is a brand-new file!

mobfactorys Mac Pro.ioreg.zip

You asked me about eSATA, actually the board has got a "SATA Bracket", you can install it and connect the cables on the inside with the power supply and at least two internal SATA-Ports. As i understood, this is just a physical connection, no hot-plug etc. Normally i have two hard drives connected, "system" and "storage ", the second one works as recording device for the Pro Tools sessions. i made backups with two other hard drives just plugging them into the SATA Bracket on the back of the computer, worked for years  :(

I will make another ioreg with one of the backup drives connected and send it in another post soon, bye

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n,

i´m back again, did what you told me (save as) and in the following pop-up-window pressed "save" for the first time... (the question is a little bit misleading, because i did "save as" before...).

Anyway, i think, now it is a brand-new file!

attachicon.gifmobfactorys Mac Pro.ioreg.zip

You asked me about eSATA, actually the board has got a "SATA Bracket", you can install it and connect the cables on the inside with the power supply and at least two internal SATA-Ports. As i understood, this is just a physical connection, no hot-plug etc. Normally i have two hard drives connected, "system" and "storage ", the second one works as recording device for the Pro Tools sessions. i made backups with two other hard drives just plugging them into the SATA Bracket on the back of the computer, worked for years  :(

I will make another ioreg with one of the backup drives connected and send it in another post soon, bye

now, ioreg looks good

go to try solve other problems

audio onboard is load too, need test

• Like 1

mobfactorys Mac Pro.ioreg.zip

Hi, that is the one with a backup hard drive connected, i saw "disks2 I/O Error" at boot screen after boot same procedure as every year, not usable...

Audio seems to work, also the onboard! To me it is really strange, how could your audio hack influence the SATA recognition? With your Clover and DSDT i used at first, my SATA problem was solved but audio came up, funny in a way!

yes! SAMSUNG HD103SJ is one of the backup hard drives i use to backup "System" and "Storage" with CarbonCopyCloner, great software btw

the other backup hard drive is broken, i will buy a new one (if it makes any sense  :P) next week 

what do you mean, as a command in the terminal? Disk Utility is not usable in this case. But i can make a DVD check my son (seven years, great guy) just arrived with two friends, they want to watch a movie! i can still answer your post but have no control over my machine for two hours!  :lol:

• Like 1

what do you mean, as a command in the terminal? Disk Utility is not usable in this case. But i can make a DVD check my son (seven years, great guy) just arrived with two friends, they want to watch a movie! i can still answer your post but have no control over my machine for two hours!  :lol:

lol

let the children play

i use DiskWarrior, is a Hero

Ok, i could try diskwarrior, but with your files from your first post in this thread the hard disk worked, no problem at all!

I will try it later but don‘t expect a solution there. Why can‘t FireWire and SATA live together in peace and harmony on my computer ? I think they should take more together instead of blocking eachother ?

Btw, the kids watch „Antboy“ !!!

• Like 1

Ok, i could try diskwarrior, but with your files from your first post in this thread the hard disk worked, no problem at all!

I will try it later but don‘t expect a solution there. Why can‘t FireWire and SATA live together in peace and harmony on my computer ? I think they should take more together instead of blocking eachother ?

Btw, the kids watch „Antboy“ !!!

try

DSDT.aml.zip

the first files is not for ur mobo, it's my mobo 

not a good idea dsdt from other mobo

• Like 1

nope, no way... can't initialise the hd in disk utility but sound works! i wonder if it is a problem with the UUID, when i did the upgrade from 10.10.5 to 10.13.1, the backup-drive was (for a good reason, actually!) not connected and now not recognized , hmm? It is really confusing...

Btw: Antboy did save the world!

Why did i took your DSDT? because i thought it is for my mobo and i read "sata" in your fix list!

Alright, yours is P35, mine EP35   :gun: stupid  

• Like 1

ok, would you suggest a clean install and after a migration of the old user? Because installing all this audio software is really painfull..

A workaround could be to boot Clover on HD (yours from the first page including your DSDT!), make a backup reboot into your fixed stuff and record some music! I got no better idea at the moment, a newer hardware might solve my problems... 

But a meltdown still could happen :P