[GUIDE] EL Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel LGA 775 motherboards / DSDT

MaLd0n
911 posts in this topic

...thx for the quick reply...trying it now...brb

...back... I honestly can find no difference using your dsdt775....the entries in ioregistry still there...i'll leave it for a while, next boot, back to the original one you compiled for me...thanks for the info anyway... :weight_lift:

• Like 1

well...that was a mistake....should have looked for a nvidia fix before updating to 10.12.6 from 10.12....sorry to disturb this thread again...getting a black screen where log in screen should be...and can no longer inject kexts from clover/kexts/other ...had to install fakesmc et al to s/l/e.... damn!.... well, I did say I was bored :hysterical:

update.... :smoke: well, it seems when installing kexts from efi to s/l/e i forgot Lilu  :angel_not:  ...my bad...still, not sure why the kexts won't inject from clover/kexts/other...but I'm updated...and sorry for stealing this thread

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n, you save half of my life!

My music production software (Pro Tools, Avid) didn't run on Yosemite with its newest update anymore, so i took the risk of an update on my old machine. I couldn't get my AMD HD5450 running on High Sierra, but a Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1050 Ti with the Web Drivers did it! Then i figured out, that my external SATA-Drives couldn't be seen by Disk Utility or Carbon Copy Cloner, that means, no backups!

After longer research i found this thread and just put your Clover-Postinstallation onto a USB-Stick (before i replaced the SMBIOS-Part in your config.plist with mine and deleted NullCPUPowermanagement.kext). I also overtook your DSDT, mine is {censored}, for shure! The system feels so smoose now and i can make backups again, whow!

But there are some "sideeffects" as well, my firewire-soundcard doesn't work anymore! At the moment i can make backups, but can't record music to back it up! Funny in a way...

Possibly something is missing in your DSDT regarding Firewire because you never need it, it shouldn't be a missing kext, it worked before. I hope you can help me out, the Clover-Backup is made from my old Clover at boot (F4), because with yours installed on the USB-Stick, didn't work for me, sorry.  

Thanks for your great work,

Marcus

Send me mobfactorys Mac Pro.zip

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n, you save half of my life!

My music production software (Pro Tools, Avid) didn't run on Yosemite with its newest update anymore, so i took the risk of an update on my old machine. I couldn't get my AMD HD5450 running on High Sierra, but a Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1050 Ti with the Web Drivers did it! Then i figured out, that my external SATA-Drives couldn't be seen by Disk Utility or Carbon Copy Cloner, that means, no backups!

After longer research i found this thread and just put your Clover-Postinstallation onto a USB-Stick (before i replaced the SMBIOS-Part in your config.plist with mine and deleted NullCPUPowermanagement.kext). I also overtook your DSDT, mine is {censored}, for shure! The system feels so smoose now and i can make backups again, whow!

But there are some "sideeffects" as well, my firewire-soundcard doesn't work anymore! At the moment i can make backups, but can't record music to back it up! Funny in a way...

Possibly something is missing in your DSDT regarding Firewire because you never need it, it shouldn't be a missing kext, it worked before. I hope you can help me out, the Clover-Backup is made from my old Clover at boot (F4), because with yours installed on the USB-Stick, didn't work for me, sorry.  

Thanks for your great work,

Marcus

attachicon.gifSend me mobfactorys Mac Pro.zip

dont use my DSDT, is other mobo :D

remove DSDT, reboot and extract one without DSDT in Clover/Acpi/Patched

my DSDT is rapped, just for my devices in use ;)

• Like 1

Good news, I'm back and attached the file. how long does it take to fix it approax. ? i don't want to press command+R every five minutes, I'm really nervous, believe me ;)

don't get me wrong, i don´t want to rush you, really.

i even don't know, how long this could take. i have tried some python on a Raspberry, did some Assembler as a teen, but mostly I'm in music, a DSDT-File looks a little bit like C or something to me, no idea :(  

• Like 1

Good news, I'm back and attached the file. how long does it take to fix it approax. ? i don't want to press command+R every five minutes, I'm really nervous, believe me ;)

don't get me wrong, i don´t want to rush you, really.

i even don't know, how long this could take. i have tried some python on a Raspberry, did some Assembler as a teen, but mostly I'm in music, a DSDT-File looks a little bit like C or something to me, no idea :(  

DSDT.aml.zip

send me new ioreg after reboot with new DSDT

• Like 1

Yes, Sir!

Sorry, took a little bit longer, no SSD and i tested the sound shortly with iTunes, it works!

If you got time, could you give some information, what was wrong and what you did? Great!

i just listen to Bebel Gilberto via my RME Fireface 400  right now, i thank you so very much :D  

• Like 1

Yes, Sir!

Sorry, took a little bit longer, no SSD and i tested the sound shortly with iTunes, it works!

If you got time, could you give some information, what was wrong and what you did? Great!

i just listen to Bebel Gilberto via my RME Fireface 400  right now, i thank you so very much :D  

extract ioreg with ioreg explorer

IORegistryExplorer.app.zip

Open, go to File, Save as

up in http://www.zippyshare.com/if u have a problem for up here