[GUIDE] EL Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel LGA 775 motherboards / DSDT

MaLd0n
911 posts in this topic

First...

If you need DSDT edits...
-Extract tables with F4 key in Clover boot screen!
-Run it and send me files!
bone.png

Installation
--Create a bootable copy of El Capitan /  Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave

--Install Clover in USB stick

--Replace with my Clover folder

--Install EL Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra and boot into system!beachball.gif

Post Installation

--Install Clover and replace with my folder

--Reboot and activate video!

Bingo!
yoji.gif
Now you need a fine tune! DSDT Time!
idea.gif

My DSDT GA P35-DS3

Patches
-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HPET
-SATA
-SLPB
-DARWIN
-LPC
-HDEF
-RTC
-EHCI
-UHCI
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-LAN
-EC
-PNLF

--Native Power Management

Use Clover, check Generate P and C States

--Brightness

Install .app, select the required permission and reboot. Work in F1 / F2 keys!

NativeDisplayBrightness.app.zip

MaLd0n 2018-02-03 às 00.57.24.png

MaLd0n 2018-02-11 às 21.36.47.png

https://github.com/Bensge/NativeDisplayBrightness/releases

*in some cases .app don't work, check patches in config.plist inside Clover folder Post Install

--AUDIO

Device HDEF + AppleAlc + Lilu

--install Lan driver by Mieze

-Atheros

-Intel

-Realtek

--Links

-FakeSMC

-Audio

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!

Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!

ENJOY!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

I'm having a problem getting full graphics acceleration on El Capitan 10.11.5.

My hardware is the same as my sig.

Intel DP45SG mobo

Intel Xeon X5640 Quad Core (This is a modded 771 to 775 processor).

8GB DDR3-1333MHZ  Ram

(EVGA) Geforce GT260 (896 MB)

I was only ever able to get 10.7.5 running on this machine. Mountain Lion never booted and I gave up trying to upgrade but now I see more people on here have also done the 771 to 775 mod and successfully booted to El Capitan and Sierra so I decided to give it a try. I can boot into EC with nv_disable=1. Without that flag I get a black and white zebra pattern when it finally boots. It looks exactly like the problems I was having with this board when using the same Xeon processor:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296158-upgrade-core2-duo-to-xeon-x5460-quadno-graphics/.

And (it's been a while) but I believe that I also had to rollback the IOPCIFAMILY and AppleACPIPlatform kext from SL to get the graphics working. The only difference is that my previous Gigabyte mobo GA-P31-3GS upgraded to Mountain Lion without a hitch-no rollbacks.

I see people like Husaber have a series 45 mobo and have done the 771 to 775 mod, but have an ATI card and have upgraded successfully so I'm wondering it's an Nvidia issue and an ATI card upgrade might solve the whole issue.

Thanks in advance.

I hope I did this right but here is my Clover origin file and hopefully my IO reg.

CLOVER.zip

Send me Mac Pro.zip

• Like 3

OK, I replaced my Clover file with yours in my 10.11.5 EFI partition and then booted it with only -v. Although a different set of script lines from what I have been seeing the result was the same. I took some photos (sorry iphone) as it scrolled through the boot and then what the screen looks like after the boot. I forgot to mention that a few days ago I actually got to a different screen mostly light gray with a black bar through the middle and the mouse pointer showed up (finally) and it appeared to be in hi-res i.e. the maximum screen res. for this monitor..

screen shots.zip

• Like 1

Sorry, but I'm new to Clover. Which Clover option do I use to mount HDD EFI partition and then replace the Clover folder when booting from the USB stick?

**I forgot to mention in my first post, but for 10.7.5, both this mobo and my Gigabyte GA-P31-3GS the graphics would be fine (acceleration,etc.) if I used my E8500 Core 2 Duo 3.16 (SLB9K (E0)). It was only when I used the Xeon Quad core that I had to roll back the kexts. I don't know if this is helps finding the errors or not but I thought I should include it.

Thanks again for all your help.

• Like 1

G41M-P26, C2Q, AMD 6870, 60GB SSD. Works so so. Good for casual use. 

It's true! 

I'm have a lot of hackintosh, but I always remember and use the old ones. GA-945GCM-S2C, core2duo 4500 and gt220 :D

Remember the old times :P

G41M-P26 is a ICH7?

• Like 3

U have other GPU for test?

Nothing newer than the 260 GTX. I have a 9800GT from my other system. It also had issues when I used the Xeon X5640. Do you think it's an issue with the card? Somebody on the site that I cannot name is running Mavericks on the DP45SG mobo with an ATI card. What would be a nice upgrade from the GTX260 from ATI that would boot OOB?

OMG! Was that Rampage Dev who just brought light into our dark corner of the internet? Funnily enough I thought about posting my problems on his site ... but then I thought .... "nahhhhh, he doesn't care about these old systems!"

• Like 1

It's true! 

I'm have a lot of hackintosh, but I always remember and use the old ones. GA-945GCM-S2C, core2duo 4500 and gt220 :D

Remember the old times :P

G41M-P26 is a ICH7?

MaLdOn, it's time for the 771 to 775 mod! Quad core Xeons are cheap ....

• Like 1

Hi, first of all I would like to thank you for your guide. And I’m asking for your help

Btw Im not total stranger to hackintoshing (ok I must admit dsdt is dark area for me :D… snow leo was my first success) but time flies techniques change and now I’m here…. having problems with Sierra :D 

- App Store download (version 10.12.4) created with terminal command and clover boot loader :D 

Second Im posting my zip with all required files for DSDT edits, because vanilla hack is happy hack :) 

Third, installation was very slow(used my clover folder), has taken whole night to install, but installed (must be because USB ports are reporting as 1.0 (12mb per second max speed reported in system information). 

Forth I'm not able to boot with your post installation clover folder (added in zip) (system takes too long to boot (on ssd) and when login screen would normaly kick in black screen is showed)

Im able to boot with my clover folder (added in zip) (Used on my older hack builds and tweaked per random internet guides) but problems are:

-Usb is bugy (unmount drive when copying, keyboard and mouse stops working) and slow USB 1.0 (usb flash drives reported as 12mbps in system information),

-Audio not working  didn’t try kexts (on older Mac versions I've used HDA enabler kext and packed AppleHDA.kext installed in S/L/E I think dsdt patch would be better :) )

- restart works (I think shutdown too)

- goes to sleep OK, but wakes up to black screen (loud fans) with flashing line. No response needs restart.

- GPU (detected as AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 2048 MB not sure about HW acc)

-CPU ok

- RAM ok

- disks I think ok

- ethernet ok

- apple wifi ok

Will configure serial and UUID and system ID at end (for iMessage etc… not needed for now)

BTW also just for sake of it, I’m adding my old dsdt file I’ve created-patched long time ago it worked with older OSX versions… if it can help you in some way if you are willing to create new one, or at least help me.

I did used that old DSDT on Sierra install first try result: waiting for root device (many usb errors and warnings). So I’ve used my clover folder without dsdt, and it installed with symptoms described above. 

System info:

MB: Asus p5w dh deluxe (bios 3002)

DISK: OSX is on ssd 250 gb, some other disks connected (I think they work :D )

CPU: Intel core 2 duo e8400 stock speed

RAM: 6 GB 800mhz ram (2+2GB+1+1GB sticks)

GPU: AMD R9 270X (should work OBB. on my clover folder works (not sure about HW acc) detected as - AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 2048 MB, on your clover folder boots to blank black screen, signal is on monitor)

WIFI BT combo: Apple original card (works OBB) with right smbios (Broadcom BCM94331CD WiFi Bluetooth Card)

Second WIFI on mb (Realtek something can be disabled not supported not needed)

LAN: Marvell 88E8053 Gigabit LAN (works OBB)

Sound chip: ALC882M (don’t work)

Thank you in advance

• Like 1