Can't get past kernel panic after install

Tom Snow

28 posts in this topic

Haven't wiped it yet! But, with the new DSDT, I still got the same error, "Should have 4 threads, but only found 5 for die 0." I'll try to extract a new clover version next.

I finally got around to creating Clover USBs (one with 3811, the other with 4061). The newer one, 4061, does not work at all; whenever I try to boot from it, the computer just tries to boot from the HDD as if the USB was not there.

3811 does run, though! But with that it still can't boot Sierra from the HDD; in verbose mode it just shows a line of + signs and then freezes. Currently googling for solutions...

The problem has been fixed! The solution: delete EvOreboot.kext (that is a capital O, not a zero). It's in System/Library/Extensions. I had to do it the hard way from the recovery console; that is, open up Terminal and painstakingly delete every file and subdirectory in the kext at the command line. But, after that I booted it off the Clover 3766 USB, told it to boot of the hard drive and it worked! This was without the DSDT.

I'm still having a few issues though; when I finally logged into Sierra for the first time, it asked me for my Apple ID and password; when I entered them I was told there was a "server error" and to try again later, so I had to skip that part. Also, the sound doesn't work and the graphics are kind of jerky, but then I haven't done any of the post-install steps. I'll get to that next.