USB doesn't boot.

BhooshanAJ

21 posts in this topic

So, I have tired everything that I could.

The usb doesn't boot. My computer goes straight to GRUB for my Windows/Fedora booting.

My PC: 

Intel E7500

Intel DG35EC Mobo

nVidia 9400 GT

SATA Hard disks

6 GB DD2 800 Mhz RAM

Tried so far: --- 

Transmac with :

- Yosemite Disto

- Vanilla Sierra

- Vanilla El Capitan

Pandora's Box

- Using DMG

- Using "Install Sierra App" downloaded from App Store.

- Enoch Chamelon. Ares.

Clover

- All kinds of configuration for Legacy booting.

boot flag -v, 

MacPwn

Flash Driver Maker and then Clover.

Restore method and then Clover.

Tried the "one that cannot be named here" too. No go. Since I am running this stuff on a VMWare Sierra on Windows 8.1

Kexts I have tried.

- FakeFMC.kext

- NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

- VoodooPS2Controller.kext(that ones for PS2 mouse. Don't ask why. I am obsessed with it.)

MaLd0n's Clover folder had 

- USBInjectAll.kext

- IntelMausiEthernet.kext

- HDMIAudio.kext

- AppleALC.kext

Here are my BIOS settings.

Any ideas people?

I have seen people posting about their successful Hackintoshes on Yosemite and Lions etc on Machines similar to mine if not the same. So it can be done. It doesn't HAVE to be Sierra. I will be happy with Yose or El Cap too.

post-2065356-0-01116800-1492975950_thumb.jpg

post-2065356-0-48321900-1492975954_thumb.jpg

post-2065356-0-64943400-1492975957_thumb.jpg

post-2065356-0-28338000-1492975961_thumb.jpg

post-2065356-0-37906300-1492975964_thumb.jpg

post-2065356-0-55231800-1492975967_thumb.jpg

@MaLd0n. I tried Clover in all ways  It didn't work for me.

@bigben1. Thanks. I took your advice and used a completely weird combination of THIS GIUDE while using Flash Drive Maker. To make the drive itself.

For the first time. The USB actually booted into. But I have kernel error:

Kernel cache file path OSX 10.11.and newer): /System/Library/prelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
Can't find boot file : '/System/Library/Kernels/kernel'
Press any key....

hi !!!    

add following  kexts to  Usb...> S/L/E folder 

fakeSmc.kext

nullCpuPowerManagement.kext

make new folder Name "Kernels" as follows >>>>/System/Library/Kernels/

add attached herewith Kernel into this folder.             

now boot  your usb as first device in Bios.

kernel.zip

@bigben1. Haha... I actually found the "kernel" file by extracting from Essentials.pkg file. Thanks for the kindness though.

I already had those kexts in the Extensions folder. I also have a VoodoPS2Controller.kext for my mouse. Its a PS/2

We have progress. Now the USB boots whole process starts up without any explicit errors. 

But the computer just keeps rebooting. It doesn't boot to the installation of Sierra.

Going to make a video of it all and post it on YouTube and post a link here.

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>1600x900x32</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>-v</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
    <string>103</string>
</dict>
</plist>

kernel.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
     <key>KernelBooter_kexts</key>
     <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

It worked. It was the UserKernelCache flag. I turned it ON and Viola. Going to install and see how it goes. Any suggestions for Post-Install kext procedures?

My Extra ?

@chris1111. Oh. No. Just what I was using. But it couldn't complete.

1) My mouse is still not working even with VoodoPS2Controller.

2) When I choose the language on the setup. It says "MacOS cannot be installed on my system" and gives me a button to "Restart"

Also . Apparently it wasnt just the UseKernelCache flag. Its the VT-d and XDT on my BIOS. It needs to ENABLED. Odd. All guides I have read ask me to disable VT-d but here...the USB reboots if I disable it.

@chris1111. Will try your Extra and see if that changes anything.

I have installed it. My PS2 mouse didn't work with Voodoo. For whatever reasons.

@bigben1. Thanks. I already finished. But I will try it with the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext to see if that gets my mouse going. Thanks

Ok... Now I have one question. In all the guides I have read about Enoch installation with Sierra on Legacy boards. It tells me to Install Enoch again on USB from the newly installed macOS to make the OS bootable. I don't get it. Why am I installing it on USB again? And not on the macOS drive.

And therefore. Can someone point me to a good complete post-install tutorial? My LAN, Audio and stuff needs to work.

How do I install the kexts in the newly installed macOS?

Bhooshan !!!  once you install  os on a hdd/ssd , you need to install Enoch on this drive NOT on your usb drive again. all you have to do is boot with your usb drive again and select your os drive as first boot and install enoch  to your os hdd. and then add kexts , boot.plist,smbois.plist and kernel.plist. after that you have to add FakeSMC, NullpowerCpu...,and other kexts to the folder S/L/E of your hdd. fix permissions of you os boot hdd, rebuild mkext. reboot, take out your usb and choose your os hdd and boot with -v, -x flags.

Hi Bigben1. Thanks. I think I did what you asked. I used Kext Utility to installed NullPowerCPU.... and FakeSMC

On booting from HDD . I get stuck on this.

USB Sound assertion in /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleUSBAudioControlInterface.cpp at line 357