Toshiba Satellite P750-15l - 10.12

Foxic

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I'm stuck and hoping someone has run into this and solved it.

I'm trying to get sierra running on a p750, specs:
Sandy bridge i3 2350m
Hd3000 graphics 8086 0116 (should be native)
Nvidia 540 (probably won't work, don't care)
Low res screen (not dual link)
Atheros ar9285
Realtek Ethernet

Full spec: http://www.toshiba.co.uk/discontinued-products/satellite-p750-15l/

I've got Sierra and clover installed (r4061) but I boot to a black screen, type password, hit enter and I'm at the desktop. But its glitchy as hell. I've just tried to install clover on the hard drive. Double clicked it, I got half an installer icon on the dock and everything's frozen. The mouse still works at full speed but can't click anything. Everything is also massively hot. HWMonitor half opened enough for me to see the cpu multiplier change from 22 to 8, temps were 75 C and voltages looked realistic.

Could it just be throttling due to the heat?

AppleLPC is loaded, and I had AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement ready in verbose boot.

Original dsdt and patched attached along with config.plist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

config.plist.zip

P750 DSDT.zip

Bradley’s MacBook Pro IOReg.zip

Kextstat.txt

• Like 1

Lump of fluff removed from the fan so it can now spin. Temps reduced. Still have glitches and non-responsiveness.

Typing in terminal it'll randomly stop updating the text and i have to click to another window and back to terminal to get it to update.

post-729266-0-19190300-1493024704_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n, thanks for that, I'll give it a go this evening.

I should be on 10.12.4 (App Store installer from about 2 weeks ago) and I'm using clover r4061, r4049 wouldn't boot at all following the initial install, I just got a black screen post boot and pre desktop.

The only way I can disable the nvidia card is with disable_nvidia=1, there's no facility within the bios and I'm not having much luck finding an unlocked version

• Like 1

Thanks MaLd0n,

I still have the system lag on most boots until after a sleep cycle (sometimes its ok straight away, no reason or rhyme to it).

The battery icon was available earlier but following a reboot won't stick around when enabled.

Working:

Audio output via internal speakers

Ethernet

Camera

Trackpad works but System Preferences shows No Trackpad Found - Fixed with SmartTouchpad v4.6.5

Keyboard works

USB3 Works (recognised)

HD3000 QE/CI

Wake from 'sleep' (see below)

SD card slot (recognised)

Not working:

Wifi

Bluetooth

Mic

Sleep puts the machine to sleep but it wakes a second or 2 later with a black screen, sits there for a while with fans spinning then auto sleeps again and repeats.

Oddities

The hardware buttons (Wifi, volume up/down/mute) work but also function as eject at the same time.